What cooling mod is the best??

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
Better safe then sorry buddy

It's hard to judge which is "better" when none have ever been proven to do anything in the first place. How do you know you are going to be safer with it? Have you taken any other steps to make your car "safe"? I'd like some solid evidence that shows they work before comparing and claiming one the champion. At this point, the only ones that are better are the ones that are the least pain to install.

prostkr

Established Member
It's hard to judge which is "better" when none have ever been proven to do anything in the first place. How do you know you are going to be safer with it? Have you taken any other steps to make your car "safe"? I'd like some solid evidence that shows they work before comparing and claiming one the champion. At this point, the only ones that are better are the ones that are the least pain to install.

They suck to install (yes I have done them all), they all leak and not one shred of proven evidence that they work. The cooling mod is not the cure all. Sorry but its true. If it really saved the day Ford would have adopted something similar.

prs97

Established Member

I don't mean to be argumentative, just curious how a head cooling mod could not help?

From what I understand, the factory setup doesn't allow the coolant in the drivers side head to circulate very well and these mods give that coolant an exit path. I would imagine that has to help in some way.

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
I have the LFP dual pass heat exchanger, LFP coolant reservoir/Ice Box and Overflow tank

A dual pass heat exchanger and larger reservoir don't lower IAT2 temps. An ice box will...temporarily. Either way, none of those will do anything for lowering engine temps. In fact, lower IAT2s usually yield higher coolant temperatures.

I don't mean to be argumentative, just curious how a head cooling mod could not help?

From what I understand, the factory setup doesn't allow the coolant in the drivers side head to circulate very well and these mods give that coolant an exit path. I would imagine that has to help in some way.

Many things are counterintuitive about vehicles. Furthermore, I'm not saying it won't help. I am saying if it does help, why won't anyone, namely the manufacturers, prove it?

y2ksilvergt

SVT God
Established Member
A dual pass heat exchanger and larger reservoir don't lower IAT2 temps. An ice box will...temporarily. Either way, none of those will do anything for lowering engine temps. In fact, lower IAT2s usually yield higher coolant temperatures.

So what can i or should i do to lower the temps??

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

So what can i or should i do to lower the temps??

Joel`s 170* stat and revised fan settings help out a ton.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
So school me on how they are "worthless" please.

Show me evidence that it works as advertised. :read:

How many blown Modulars have been in existence since 96? 'Cooling Mods' never showed up until the 03-04s when people realized that Terminator had deeper pockets than previous Cobra owners (just look at the $ difference on a catback for example).

Go look behind the FGT and GT500 motors. Surely those monsters would need them more than the lowly 4.6 :idea:

Last edited:

y2ksilvergt

SVT God
Established Member
Show me evidence that it works as advertised. :read:

How many blown Modulars have been in existence since 96? 'Cooling Mods' never showed up until the 03-04s when people realized that Terminator had deeper pockets than previous Cobra owners (just look at the $ difference on a catback for example).

Go look behind the FGT and GT500 motors. Surely those monsters would need them more than the lowly 4.6 :idea:

Yeah those damn boats probably need them too but coolant going to the back of the drivers side head has to do something now doesnt it? :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread