What cooling mod is the best??

y2ksilvergt

SVT God
Established Member
I need to get a cooling mod for my 04 and i was wondering which one is the best, i was leaning towards LFP

mustangman36578

Established Member
Last edited:

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
Heat extractor hood.

This. A hood with the heat vent blockers removed is good enough for most applications. Also, a high water to coolant ratio, climate permitting, and a boxed radiator. A stock pulley or a ported blower with a conservative pulley combo doesn't hurt.

evolve

Established Member
the one that ensures your engine doesnt go "boom". I have EvenFlow, simple install, so far so good.

prostkr

Established Member
What makes you think you even need one? A properly tuned car even with early heads is fine. Unless you are wanting 5th and 6 gear pulls. Witch the head mod cannot guarantee anyway.

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
I only have the coolant resivor i would like to get the heat exchanger next

PIC_0027.jpg

PIC_0033.jpg

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I have the Chicago mod in my trunk,., waiting for clutch to fail to put it in,., I like things hidden :-D

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
correct me if im wrong someone but im pretty sure he stopped making them. i have one of them and they were the best quality ones out there.

here is a link about that one. Google Image Result for http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e45/versailees/cooling2.jpg

pm him and see if he has anymore

As far as I know he no longer is making them. He had some customer service related issues a few months ago that resulted in him shutting down his business and me having to remove his sales page from my website. I had given him a page on my website from which he could take orders.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I ran the snot out of my car including highway pulls (not back to back) without a cooling mod for 5 years without a problem. I finally installed the LDC unit last year but only because the tranny was out for a broken retainer. My opinion is that its not needed but a little insurance is never a bad thing.

Users who are viewing this thread