I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
90c1db5f43316e89c0ce180c39d89f60.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
It’s hard to tell if someone has “made it” based on what they drive, unless it’s a high end exotic or Rolls. I live in an area where there are a lot of pretentious people who like to make it look like they have money. So a Range Rover or S Class doesn’t exactly tell me that. You don’t know the debt some people get themselves into for that kind of lifestyle.
The Millionaire next door is someone more likely to drive a normal vehicle.

Fat Boss

Established Member
Sometimes it's hard to tell if someone has made it, even if they're a car guy. My dad's friend has 100 or so antique cars with an avg value of about $150k. You would never know it. He still wears beat up old overalls. He bought a farm in Silicon Valley in the 1930's with the full intention of farming...

His cream of the crop is a 1907 Thomas Flyer. They made three of them, and one of them won the 1908 GREAT RACE. He has one of the other 2. Nice car! I think my dad said he paid about $800k twenty years ago.

Here's the car that won. If you're unfamiliar with the race, it's a fantastic story. They raced around the world in an era of no paved roads.

NY-to-Paris winning 1907 Thomas Flyer joins historic register - Historic Vehicle Association (HVA)

Personally I would get a Shelby 1000. I've seen (HEARD) a couple in person and they're so badass.

o2gt

Established Member
There isn’t one. Someone’s made it, someone who’s a real boss doesn’t care what anyone thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I agree with you 100%. I know someone who just ordered a new M2. He could have purchased someone thing much more expensive but he likes the M2 and thinks it will be fun. His had was a v12 vantage for a couple years and 911's before that. he is also on his seconds Mini Cooper JCW, he really enjoys driving them. I suppose when it comes to cars I think you have made it when you can buy what ever you want and its not a going to negatively effect your how you live.

He has " Made it" but truly I dont think he cares one bit what other people think of him when it comes to how much money he has. If you saw him walking around or talk with him you would never know.

TERMN8U

Established Member
I remember when I was 30, I had a 23’ ski boat with a 454 and through the hull exhaust... no mufflers.
Any way... when I would fuel it at the marina pump, there was a SEXY 40’ Bocca Grande docked. It was soooo sexy.
I used to be pumping gas and stare at that boat thinking, “ I wish I had that boat. If I ever get a boat, even close to that, I will know that I have made it!”
Honest to god, two years later I owned that exact boat.
I remember thinking “ I can’t believe how badly I wanted this and yet, I know I haven’t made it yet.”
I think that’s the way it is at any level. We long for something and then when we get there we realize that it’s not what we imagined it would be.

Zemedici

Established Member
I remember when I was 30, I had a 23’ ski boat with a 454 and through the hull exhaust... no mufflers.
Any way... when I would fuel it at the marina pump, there was a SEXY 40’ Bocca Grande docked. It was soooo sexy.
I used to be pumping gas and stare at that boat thinking, “ I wish I had that boat. If I ever get a boat, even close to that, I will know that I have made it!”
Honest to god, two years later I owned that exact boat.
I remember thinking “ I can’t believe how badly I wanted this and yet, I know I haven’t made it yet.”
I think that’s the way it is at any level. We long for something and then when we get there we realize that it’s not what we imagined it would be.

This.

The hunger never stops.

TERMN8U

Established Member
The Self Actualization ride, it's the only one that really matters.
Agreed.
Seems the more we get, the deeper we get.
My brother always told me “ the more things you own, the more your things own you”.
I see it more each day that passes.

Users who are viewing this thread