What car do you regret buying?

bokyo1987

Established Member
I bought a 2012 C350 because the C6 I wanted was sold a few hours just before I got to the dealership. Needless to say, I regretted the impulse buy soon thereafter...

smitty2919

Established Member
Traded a 04 GTO for a 99 Cobra plus cash. I wanted to get into autocross/road racing so a Mustang platform would be cheaper than the GTO...felt slow, I needed to upgrade the whole IRS with bushings and it had a vacuum leak it took me a month to find. Drove 6 hrs one way to get it.

Dumped that POS for my 95 camaro that I'm having a blast in.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Traded a 04 GTO for a 99 Cobra plus cash. I wanted to get into autocross/road racing so a Mustang platform would be cheaper than the GTO...felt slow, I needed to upgrade the whole IRS with bushings and it had a vacuum leak it took me a month to find. Drove 6 hrs one way to get it.

Dumped that POS for my 95 camaro that I'm having a blast in.

Did they give you cash on your end for the GTO? I hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
My 88 GT

Traded my 96 GT for it. 96 had 55k miles. Immaculate interior. Bkne stock.

But I " had to have" a fox. ... worst decision ever.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
My 2011 GT500.. i regret buying it because I keep breaking parts and having to replace them. And I cant stop myself from doing it.... lol! Like others, I have more money dumped into this car than I even want to think about.

But when I fire up that engine.... yeah it reminds me its worth it! ...till something else breaks. :/

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I regret buying my wife a 2012 Jeep Patriot. I tried convincing her to try a Wrangler instead (more power, more reliable, more fun, MUCH better retention of value). She wound up liking the Patriot.

$17k year one, worth $10k year two.

The CVT started acting stupid and almost got her killed in traffic, so we traded in for a Wrangler and lost $5k instantly. Oh well. Replacing the stupid CVT would have cost almost as much as the vehicle was worth.

Ouch... I hate depreciation, and Jeeps... kinda... no I don't, but they suck.

Dusten

Established Member
My first 2008 F-250. It was in the shop 12-15 times in 45000 miles. PS pump failed, steering gear box leaked, 3 radiators, 2 oil leaks, complete repaint of the truck under warranty, reflashes, tps failure, shifting issues that finally forced me to get rid of it.
My second has 95k and is super reliable.

2013 WRX. Car was fun to drive and reliable, but the build quality was awful. Squeaks, rattles and the likes. I ended up trading it in with about 18000 on it for an Audi S4. Thankfully the resale on the WRX was amazing.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I guess the Raptor.

Not that I hate it, just keep(and want to) on spending money on it.

Didn't have a big urge to upgrade the GT500 like I do the Raptor.

Recon

Established Member
Regret not buying this...
a596fc8b49f8865c97d608aa429fe305.jpg

7a3519c38be4b0a3e87194380ac07e72.jpg

5d1d3c89712924b4cd97e12e9c7ea881.jpg

earl lee

Established Member
My 05 dodge ram srt-10. I dont regret buying it, just didnt realize how much money i'd dump into it so soon. So my wheels were stolen off the truck, insurance covered that had new recon wheels and tires put on that was a 6k bill for them. I start it up and it bends a piston rod. How it bent the rod I still dont know. So 10k bill for me. I did a motor rebuild. I take it to firestorm to get the tires balance and they damage the truck on the lift like some newbs. So off to the body shop to get the rocker panel and cladding redone 3k bill insurance. All this happen within the span of 3 to 5 months. Its been about a year now since all that crap happen and the truck has been great, but I did think about selling it when all this crap was going. I thought the thing was cursed.

oldmodman

Established Member
It's too bad Hybrid left the forum.

This is the absolute best thread for her to have ever posted in. I don't think anyone ever had as many lemons as her.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's too bad Hybrid left the forum.

This is the absolute best thread for her to have ever posted in. I don't think anyone ever had as many lemons as her.
Hers was the only one that had the dreaded 3-4 lockout.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

byeofcr

Established Member
I bought a racecar because I was naive as shit in my youth. I blew my communion, graduation, life savings for it.
I haddddd to have it. And worse was the pain i saw on my dads face when i brought it home. It was my firsr big financial purchase that i didnt ask for their consent or opinion. He knew i was going to learn a lesson on it. I had no truck or friends with a truck or trailer. No way to get it anywhere.
It had a built 306, paxton vr4(?) blower, full cage, a 3 speed, some horrible electric pump set up. I couldnt get it from my house to the hang out spot without it over heating. I didnt have the money to update/upgrade it or even maintain it. In the end my poor dad trailered it all the way to vegas when he moved and found someone to buy it for half what i paid. Funny part is. The guy who bought it broke it, sold it, sold again as a roller and then sold again to a guy who worked at my dads body shop. I still see it once in a blue moon. Its in rough shape

Never_Enough

Established Member
I regret buying my old 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track. Got it brand new & it was a nightmare from go. Stock stereo was complete garbage & most interior panels rattled from day 1. Quality of materials used to build this car = GARBAGE. Lost all lights except for headlights one night driving home. I take it to dealer to see what is wrong & they tell me there was a missing fuse in the under hood fuse panel. W...T...F?! Car had a shimmy at 70+ MPH that was never rectified. I tossed some nitrous on the turd (only a 75 shot) & the junk trans would never shift right when spraying. Got rid of it less than a year later & lost a few grand. That may be the only car I've ever lost money on. I just wanted it gone. Sold it on ebay to some guy that came out from AZ to get it.

IMG_7520.gif

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
1989 Ford Thunderbird Supercoupe. Bought new, ran perfectly and I never had one single problem. It was just to small for what I needed at the time.

Sold it to an exporter that had an order for the exact car I had and he shipped it to Germany. I got exactly what I paid for it including tax and license. it cost absolutely nothing to own it for six months.

The 89-97 MN12s have a special place in my heart. I would have loved a '95 SuperCoupe 5-speed. They are super rare now and command $10k or so in excellent condition.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Regret buying my '13 Edge. Nothing ever went wrong with it, but it was too small for my growing family. Should have bought the Explorer right from the jump.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
As much work as my Cobra is I have a tie with two previous cars.

It is a tie between an 86 Chrysler LeBaron 4 door and a 94 Ford Probe.

The LeBaron was my first car. And I chose it over an 86-87 F150 4wd single cab with the 5.0. It was a nice truck but I wanted a car.

The Probe was the biggest POS I ever owned. I had it 9 months and went through 3 transmissions and an engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laffs

Drop-da-top
Established Member
LT1 Formula Firebird. Car was a headache from the first day of ownership where it melted a fuel pump relay. Ignition issues, wiring gremlins, fuel problems, general build quality garbage.

Overall biggest regret was at the time all my buddies were pushing me in to the Fbodies because they were GM guys and all about speed. I wanted a Mustang from the onset, got talked in to this thing, once I got it sold I ran out and got the Mustang I originally wanted and regretted the time and money I wasted on the thing.

Users who are viewing this thread