What car do you regret buying?

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
2005 Mustang GT 4.6L 5 Speed "deluxe edition"

Issues:
rear end noise from the factory(recall but still didnt fix it) 3 link is junk design
3rd link arm is made from play doh. clunking that wouldnt go away!!!
air bag light every 3-4k miles, even with recall fix. replace air bag.
seat belts that wouldnt retract due to the rear body panel
premature seat and door panel wear
exterior door handles get stuck in the out position(another recall....)
Shaker 500 crapped out after 10k miles
a pillar squeaks from the factory
steering wheel input vibration at all speeds(cured with a new rack)
3650 shift fork roll pins coming apart every 10k miles or so(Liberty trans fixed this and never had a problem after)
front wheel bearings very, very, very weak for the size of the car(too many replacements to count)
weak balljoints. 5-7k out of balljoints was a nightmare.
VCT issues(from stock to cammed and finally locked out)
alternator issues causing ghost codes in PCM
PATS issues
strut bearings wear out over and over and over
radiator issues(overheat, overheat, overheat)

A never ending nightmare of a vehicle. Good riddance.

08mojo

Established Member
2012 golf r. I decided to sell my fun car and beater car to get one nice daily driver. I thought the golf r would be my first step into only having one car. The golf r was great, but it was soooo boring. I was not willing to mod the car, because even with mods it would still be boring. That car lasted me 4 months before I was back at Ford buying my 2014 gt and back on craigslist looking for a beater. Lesson learned, I have to have a fun car that is rwd and has plenty of torque. What can I say, I'm just a redneck that likes to spin tires.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
1999 GTI VR6. I bought brand new, it was like the 3 one off the ship. It was a turd. I was going to buy a 1999 Z28 6-spd with cloth and roll down windows but got talked out of it. The VW turned out to be a lemon and was bought back. I did buy the Z28 later on. But not new.

scottminot

Established Member
Bought a purple 1999 Jeep Cherokee in 2006 and drove it for a little over four years. Didn't have much income at the time.
It had electrical issues and left me stranded 500 miles from home once with a seized up ac compressor. Then there was the rust.
Worst thing was the fact that it was purple. I felt like such a *** driving it.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Ironically it was the car/truck I had the longest. My 01 Ford Ranger white with gray interior. I purchased a dealer trade not realizing that it had gray int, I like black or tan or blue or red anything but gray. Then four months later they came out with 0% financing after 9/11, and they came out with DHG paint on the ranger and then came out with the FX4 Ranger in 02, which was what I really wanted.

I paid off the 01 in 3 years had it for 7 with 157k miles and sold it for an 09 FX4 Ranger with the Torson Diff and 5 speed Man with Black interior. But to my disappointment the 09 had half black and half gray interior.

Stang Lover

Established Member
Forgot to add I had a 96 LT1 bird that I traded my 89 GT hatch for. That was a STUPID mistake and I regret it. They day I traded it some guy in a white f250 just randomly pulled up and said boy you better keep that car and drove off. The trans blew in 5 DAYS when I punched it. I didn't even wanna get it warrantied through the shop the previous owner had it done at I sold it for $2000.

nickf2005

Established Member
Regret buying my '13 Edge. Nothing ever went wrong with it, but it was too small for my growing family. Should have bought the Explorer right from the jump.

I'm kind of the opposite way with our '10 Edge. Like you, fantastic car with 100,000+miles. We bought it back in September '10, new, as DINKs, thinking we were preparing ourselves for the kids to come. Well, 6 years later and only 1 kid (age 1) so far and we spent a lot of money on a car too big. Should have just got a Fusion and saved ourselves 25k. The depreciation on it is ridiculous too. Oh well. Live and learn. We'll drive that thing until the wheels fall off. I doubt I ever buy a new vehicle again.

mhazelwd

Established Member
two
- 1984 S10 Blazer (bought new, 2.8 v6 could not pass 18 wheelers)
- 2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab (bought new, put 120,000 miles on it, wife hit a deer and killed the car. by that time almost nothing on it worked anyway)

Favorite car?

I was 17 years old and bought a 1964 Plymouth Sport Fury. 318 CID, 4bbl, 4 speed, dual exhaust with header cut outs. this car was not stock :) Paid $300 dollars for it in 1969

Users who are viewing this thread