What car do you regret buying?

Kevins89notch

Established Member
My current car. I had a 99 Civic as a DD, but it got stolen. I found a 2000 Civic that seemed ok. Drove fine...**** it, it's a 3K car. First it throws a check engine light for the vtec solenoid, which is a ****ing bitch to get to seal. I managed to fix that, but there's a WHOLE other side story to that. Then it throws a O2 sensor, but it might be a cat too. **** it, I'm not messing with that since it's not affecting mileage like the vtec solenoid was. Small oil leak? No...it's the ****ing Exxon Valdez of civics! It leaks still crystal clear oil. I'm talking a quart every tank or so! Luckily a 5 quart jug is like $11 at walmart. I have 3 empties in the back seat, and one being worked on. The AC just randomly stops blowing cold. Turn it off, turn it back on, and it usually starts working then. Plus there's an exhaust rattle that I was told was a "shield over the midpipe." No, some idiot had the exhaust off, and put it back on not using one of the hangers, thus it's constantly rattling along what I would call the k-member to use mustang terms. Oh, and there's some sponge like, grease covered **** that's inside the door, so if I put my window down and back up, it looks like a roomba ran over dog **** and kept going.

Aftrbrnr

Established Member
Not 100%, but my '92 LX 5.0 Vert. The top had aged poorly, the worst part was no matter how much money and work was spent it was impossible to seal the front lip of the roof to the top of the windshield. Even after replacing the roof and associated hardware it still would not fully close. So there would always be massive wind noise from air getting caught between the gap and rain, too.

snakecharmer

Established Member
asdf.jpg

This flaming pile of cow shit. Biggest piece of crap I ever owned. No end of headache and trouble out of the thing. If I ever win the lottery I will buy it back just so I can take it to a junk yard and have it crushed.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
My '12 5.0. The transmission, clutch and rear end gave me nothing but issues. I dumped thousands into repairing and upgrading parts where on other cars I never had an issue.

Sirhc7897

Established Member
08 Infiniti G37S. Absolutely nothing wrong with the car. Was an excellent vehicle in every way. However, I had grown tired of my 03 Lightning and wanted something different so I sold it and got one of those.

Didn't realize how awesome I had it until it was gone. Still regret getting rid of that truck to this day.

I blame the Infiniti for seducing me into selling the Lightning.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
90 Ford Bronco 2. I should of just bought a full size Bronco. But I liked the looks of that generation and figured gas mileage would be better. Had nothing but issue's with it. Speedo cable broke, leaked everything, starter, battery, thermostat, 4X4 went out. I even think the OD went. I sold it within a year of owning it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CV355

_
Established Member
I regret buying my wife a 2012 Jeep Patriot. I tried convincing her to try a Wrangler instead (more power, more reliable, more fun, MUCH better retention of value). She wound up liking the Patriot.

$17k year one, worth $10k year two.

The CVT started acting stupid and almost got her killed in traffic, so we traded in for a Wrangler and lost $5k instantly. Oh well. Replacing the stupid CVT would have cost almost as much as the vehicle was worth.

I regret(ed) buying my Volvo in '11. Paid a good chunk on it, felt immediate buyer's remorse. I've had it for 5.5 years now and I'm VERY glad I bought it. Thing has been super reliable, gets great gas mileage, and it depreciated itself into a very low tax bracket. I don't mind depreciation when it works in my favor (keeping the thing until the wheels fall off)

Last edited:

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
2015 WRX... Which turned into a 2016 WRX...

Bought the wife a 2015 WRX new from a dealer in San Diego last year when I was living out there. I was installing new floor mats a month later and saw that the dealer had installed one of those total shit, ripoff, "dealer installed alarm" options. I declined this crappy alarm at least 5 times. I didn't realize that they installed one on every car on the lot. You paid for them to activate the alarm. Either way you had some $5 piece of crap spliced into the ignition wire. Extensive arguing with the GM and calling an attorney got me a new 2016 a month later.

Unfortunately they delivered the car filthy and I did t see that the driver door had extensive hologramming in the paint. I was luckily able to fix most of that.

Anyway the car was great on the highway but was awful around town. Harsh ride (made the mustang feel like a caddy) and ZERO power from a stop unless you floored it.

Traded it in for a 2016 Ex Sport and couldn't be happier.

RSbeast

Established Member
2011 escape xlt v6 Awd

Bought it CPO with 23k. Currently has 37k and has been the most expensive and unreliable daily I've ever owned.

In the dealers shop 5 weeks in a row between evap codes and leaking purge valves/cap less fuel filler, found out the hard way on the throttle body TSB when it died randomly while pulling out into traffic. I threw a shit fit over that one for being CPO and not having recall work done.

At 36k the A/C went out like they all apparently do (?) $1200 in repair.

Fortunately all covered under remaining CPO warranty. I made the A/C fix by 41 miles. I refused to re-up

Other bright shining attributes is that the rear fenders seal like shit on the pinchewelds so it's already trying to rust and bubble paint, despite slathering POR-15 on the inner fenders. I guess it's clear seam sealer time?

Also the tire noise is horrendous and sounds like a bad wheel bearing. Totally normal on the gen 2 escapes.

I had an 01 v6 Awd before this and it was a FANTASTIC vehicle. This one is pure garbage.

OH, and there's no total defeat on the stabilitrak, so ZERO winter fun.

I've not even had it a year yet.

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
My GTI, besides a waterpump failure, which I knew it happens on them, nothing really. Got extended warranty for a reason. Almost regret but not there yet LOL

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
2011 escape xlt v6 Awd

Bought it CPO with 23k. Currently has 37k and has been the most expensive and unreliable daily I've ever owned.

In the dealers shop 5 weeks in a row between evap codes and leaking purge valves/cap less fuel filler, found out the hard way on the throttle body TSB when it died randomly while pulling out into traffic. I threw a shit fit over that one for being CPO and not having recall work done.

At 36k the A/C went out like they all apparently do (?) $1200 in repair.

Fortunately all covered under remaining CPO warranty. I made the A/C fix by 41 miles. I refused to re-up

Other bright shining attributes is that the rear fenders seal like shit on the pinchewelds so it's already trying to rust and bubble paint, despite slathering POR-15 on the inner fenders. I guess it's clear seam sealer time?

Also the tire noise is horrendous and sounds like a bad wheel bearing. Totally normal on the gen 2 escapes.

I had an 01 v6 Awd before this and it was a FANTASTIC vehicle. This one is pure garbage.

OH, and there's no total defeat on the stabilitrak, so ZERO winter fun.

I've not even had it a year yet.

Damn sorry about your luck. My wife and I bought her a CPO 12 Escape XLT with the 4cyl last fall. Knock on wood only issue we have had is leaky hatch which they fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
09 Subaru legacy limited

While it was a good daily, it rode rough as hell, terrible road boise, less than expected mpg (24highway on a good day), ate tires and brakes.

Never broke in 100k I put on it but I was just a shitty driving car. My 15 year old 01 cobra drives and rides better than that can did. Traded the legacy in for a 15 f150 lol

Jaysin

Established Member
My 01 Cobra. My fault for buying it in the first place as it was modded fairly heavily (nitrous, custom cams, full bolt on, 4.30s, clutch/flywheel, etc.). Such a headache. Within hours of buying it and driving for a bit I got a migraine from exhaust dumping in the cabin from a botched egr delete (the header wasn't capped at all and was creating a leak). Fixed that then started getting some rear end noise, and 1st gear started to grind. Was on the way to a mustang shop to get the rear checked when it gave out on me and I was stranded and had to tow it to the shop. Whoever installed the 4.30s had no idea what they were doing and it busted, had to rebuild and went with 4.10s. Then it randomly just wouldn't turn on, I checked everything and could figure it out. It would drive fine, then would randomly cut off, then wouldn't turn back on. Go out in the garage to drive it, wouldn't turn on, come back an hour later and it'd turn on first try no problem. Turned out to be a bad ground around the fuse box or something (been a few years so details evade me). Once I got that issue fixed I sold that pos.

Sucked too as I had an srt4 for 5 years and had wanted a Cobra for a long time, I wanted a Terminator, but at the time didn't have the financial means, I was going to save up for one after selling the srt, but couldn't hold out and got the 01. Never should've bought it, went against everything I wanted anyway, I wanted one stock, this was far from it, and I definitely did not want zinc yellow, but what do you know?

kaz109

Established Member
Stop buying GM!!

Lol...I know!!!! We had ZERO problems with our GL550 we leased after the 07 Tahoe and before the 15 denali but my wife realized she needs captain's chairs. It was not a true option on the GLS so we had to look at other options.

My wife is not the typical "girly" chick. She went drive a small mid size SUV so there are very few options of full size 3rd row SUV's

truefiveo

Established Member
Both my 90 and 91 Foxbody GTs.

The 91 was stock and it was a freakin headache repair wise.
Just little dumb stuff decides to crap out a month after you buy them.

The 90 was fully modified stroked 347 and between the maintenance and the stinking ass
exhaust fumes from the catless longtubes in the summer. It just wasn't worth it for 415 RWHP.

Its like no matter how much you test drive and even stress test the vehicle with the seller.
The car still has to throw you some new ownership headaches right after you sign over the paperwork and hand over the cash.

I swear you would think these cars really are Christine's
hqdefault.jpg

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
All of them. Should have kept my first vehicle and saved/invest my pennies till today to buy something really cool.

nxhappy

Established Member
in high school I bought a 89 supra. ****ing A that thing was a TURD. Blew the head gasket on the way home. And so began my mechanical motor skills.

noco5.0

Established Member
I joined this forum around the time I bought my 2012 Mustang GT and it was the worst car I've ever owned. I absolutely hated everything about that car. The manual transmission was horrible. I also did the Ford Racing Tune at the time and it pinged like crazy. The Ford Sync system was also terrible. When I traded it in the value had dropped like a rock. I have since owned a 2015 Challenger Scat Pack and my current 2016 Challenger Hellcat. I've enjoyed both cars way more than I did the Mustang. I may try another Ford down the road but it will probably be a truck or Explorer not sure I could every drive a Mustang again after that experience.

Users who are viewing this thread