Well, I officially joined the ranks of the unemployed last night about 10:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
im confused why you got fired? sorry to hear about it though

Yeah me too, it's a little cloudy.

Were you fired for not showing up when things were busy because the mngr above you said "nothing" or because you called him out on a lie and he got made and fired you?

JasonSnake

Established Member
this sounds weird... But anyway, since you got some of that manager training, you can probably use that to leverage future interviews with a more professional demeanor. At least you got something out of that place.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry you got fired. It's a bit hard to figure out the reason you got fired, but it seems that the place you worked for was looking for a reason. I wish you the best in your hunt now for a new job. It's tough out there with unemployment still at 10%.

Sea Pony

Workin'! Woot!
Established Member
There is Hope!

I was laid off for lack of work April 5th 2009.

It took 8 months, but I found a great job in my career field making about the same money I was making before I got laid off. It does happen!

I did not have to sell my car, cash in 401k's etc. (Thank God)

You guys that are unemployed, I feel your pain. But you don't have to go through it alone.

Be aware that churches around the country are starting up career transition ministries to help job seekers. They offer free resume review, networking, motivational speakers, access to resources to help you with finances, tax advice, and more. Most of these ministries are not evangelistic in nature. They are primarily about helping people find new work.

If I had not had the group that I (and about 500 others) attended every Monday morning, I don't know how I would have been able to go at it day-after-day for as long as I did.

If you have the resources take a week or two to relax a bit and take care of some of those things you have been putting off. Then find a career transition /networking group and GET INVOLVED!

DON”T PAY FOR A RESUME SERVICE! There are thousands of people out there that will help you for nothing (including me!). Anyone who is looking for someone to review a resume can send it to me at [email protected]. FWIW I will tell you what I think.

If you live in the Atlanta or Knoxville metro areas, check out Meetings . The site is an accounting and payroll service run by a man with a passion for helping job seekers. Virtually every networking event in Atlanta is posted on this site!

You can get through it. Good luck and God Bless

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
very sorry to hear, hope you get back on your feet.,., as well as others on here that have lost jobs, :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread