We need Ford/SVT to hear our voices... 2020 GT500 manual transmission petition/request/thread

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
I hate to be “that guy” but I highly doubt Ford Exec’s lay in their beds at night in fear that SVTperformance guys aren’t going to buy their car.

So you are saying that Ford shouldn’t care about a specific group of enthusiasts for this specific car? Sounds like a winning strategy to me.

ToddW702

Established Member
They care, hence the GT500. They don’t cater to what could be the smallest percentage of buyers though. You can’t always please everyone and people act like Ford has abandoned them over this dam DCT. We get it people want a stick. It doesn’t have one.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
They care, hence the GT500. They don’t cater to what could be the smallest percentage of buyers though. You can’t always please everyone and people act like Ford has abandoned them over this dam DCT. We get it people want a stick. It doesn’t have one.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Every 07-14 GT500 came with a manual transmission. Most people who bought these cars wanted the manual transmission. This is your customer base for the 2020 GT500. To not offer a manual option to your base customer is abandoning them.

My real beef here is Ford can offer both. For the 50yr old with hip issues and the guy who wants to pretend his GT500 is a Ferrari then the DCT is great. For the rest of us who view the Shelby as a muscle car and want the TR6060 or T56 put it in there! This shouldn’t even be a discussion! What was Ford thinking?!?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Every 07-14 GT500 came with a manual transmission. Most people who bought these cars wanted the manual transmission. This is your customer base for the 2020 GT500. To not offer a manual option to your base customer is abandoning them.

My real beef here is Ford can offer both. For the 50yr old with hip issues and the guy who wants to pretend his GT500 is a Ferrari then the DCT is great. For the rest of us who view the Shelby as a muscle car and want the TR6060 or T56 put it in there! This shouldn’t even be a discussion! What was Ford thinking?!?
Then go buy a GT500 with a TR6060 and have fun.
It’s probably too much car for most ‘manual transmission guys’.
I know. I bought one new. I took it to the track with 600mi. It now makes over 1000rwhp. It will run 9s this year with a manual trans (already went 10.009).
So, really none of your points haven’t already been made, so this just seems like pointless whining.
Reread my personal posts, as I do feel Ford should make a manual option ONLY IF they can make a financial case for it. Otherwise, this car is about maximum performance, and that means DCT to guys like me who actually will take them to the track.
If you’ve owned all the Mustangs you’ve stated, what’s been YOUR track experience with them?
-J

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Then go buy a GT500 with a TR6060 and have fun.

Yes, the exact point of this thread. I want to buy a new GT500 with a manual transmission. That would be “fun” for me and other posters have also mentioned that is what they want.

I do feel Ford should make a manual option ONLY IF they can make a financial case for it.
-J

Well if my 80k plus that will not be going to Ford for an autotragic GT500 makes any kind of financial case for it then please Ford, make the car with a manual.

As far as the dick comparing questions I’m not sure what the relevancy to this thread is? You got a big dick and you like the DCT? Good for you. Start a “I love the DCT (especially the dainty Dodge Ram shift knob) thread” and I promise I’ll keep my opinions out of it.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
So you are saying that Ford shouldn’t care about a specific group of enthusiasts for this specific car? Sounds like a winning strategy to me.
There in business to make money plain and simple. Doesnt matter if its an auto or a stick. Ford is going to sell everyone single one of the 2020 GT500s. Now possibly the 2nd year or 3rd if there is one might get a small production of sticks. So i guess youll just have to wait and see.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Yes, the exact point of this thread. I want to buy a new GT500 with a manual transmission. That would be “fun” for me and other posters have also mentioned that is what they want.

Well if my 80k plus that will not be going to Ford for an autotragic GT500 makes any kind of financial case for it then please Ford, make the car with a manual.

As far as the dick comparing questions I’m not sure what the relevancy to this thread is? You got a big dick and you like the DCT? Good for you. Start a “I love the DCT (especially the dainty Dodge Ram shift knob) thread” and I promise I’ll keep my opinions out of it.

Guess what your out of luck for 2020. Here is a thought buy a 2020 then spend another 8k and put a manual of your choice in the car. Problem solved

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I like how people bench race this car with the DCT stating how much “faster” it will be than a manual transmission when we all know that 99.9% of these cars will be weekend show cars and “drive my car to work on a Friday to show off”. Stop with the 1/6000 shift time nonsense. If anything this car will be quicker stock for stock from the 14 GT500 only because it will have a drag/Track radial tire unlike that crap Ford put on the previous GT500s.

Stupid post of the week award goes to you!

Lmao... what an idiotic comment.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Gotta love guys with 10 posts that come here to enlighten us with wisdom.
I can’t believe there are guys upset that it doesn’t have a manual? Never would’ve thought.
I also didn’t know threatening Ford to take you’re $80k elsewhere would accomplish anything.
-J

blk02edge

Established Member
I see his point. This is the thread to state why you want ford to make a manual, not to state why you think it shouldnt. If you are happy with the DCT you should stay out IMO. There are definitely enough manual only buyers if they make the effort to get their voices heard.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I see his point. This is the thread to state why you want ford to make a manual, not to state why you think it shouldnt. If you are happy with the DCT you should stay out IMO. There are definitely enough manual only buyers if they make the effort to get their voices heard.
Well I appreciate your input but I respectfully disagree.
Ford needs to know we know we want the best performance Mustang they can produce first and foremost.
That is in my opinion what Ford needs to hear from SVTP.
And as I’ve also said several times in this thread, if there’s a business case to offer a manual trans then great, but performance first and trans choice dictated by performance.
-J

Snoopy49

Established Member
There are definitely enough manual only buyers if they make the effort to get their voices heard.

I wonder what the split would be if Ford had offered both a manual and automatic trans in the 2007-2014 GT500. My guess is the manual owners would be in the minority.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Same crowed that wouldn't by second gen. GT40 because it was a 6cyl
I can’t believe there are guys upset that it doesn’t have a manual? Never would’ve thought.
I also didn’t know threatening Ford to take you’re $80k elsewhere would accomplish anything.
-J

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
-J

Not a threat. I’m not buying an Autotragic. No one in my social circle will be buying one either. Never would have thought someone would want a manual transmission option in a mustang? Seriously bro?

boosted281

Established Member
-J
I’ll be sure to get your permission next time I share my opinion. Sorry to be involved in the beating of this dead horse!

blk02edge

Established Member
Well I appreciate your input but I respectfully disagree.
Ford needs to know we know we want the best performance Mustang they can produce first and foremost.
That is in my opinion what Ford needs to hear from SVTP.
And as I’ve also said several times in this thread, if there’s a business case to offer a manual trans then great, but performance first and trans choice dictated by performance.
-J
You are entirely missing the point. You got the product you want, the people who made this thread did not so they are making their opinion heard. Basic shit. Who are you to tell people their opinion is wrong or doesnt matter. If they want to get a petition going for Ford to offer a manual ( which they saud they would if enough interest was expressed) then they should.

Enough people bitched at porsche to the point they released a manual GT3 so fact of the matter is. You are wrong

Users who are viewing this thread