Walbro GSS342 and E-85

xtreme3169

Established Member
Will the GSS342 pumps (2) flow enough fuel to run e-85 at 750 rwhp? If not, is the Stealth or Division X a better choice?

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I would look into the Division X. I have read a few having issues with the Aeromotive pumps.

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
Pumps

I ran 2 gss-342s and made 744/650 with my 3.4 whipple and 80 lb. injectors , that was on sunoco 110 , when I went to e85 I added another pump and made 768/679 , I had no fuel issues on either setup

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
The 400 walbro pumps won't fit into the fore hat. I am going to go with the 340 stryker pumps. They will be sufficient.

Is this true? Everything I have read besides this post said the Walbro 400 would fit the hat that was made for the 255 pumps (GSS342).

This is not corn related but you guys seem to be up on everything fuel related.

I am currently running an old fore twin GT pump hat in my car (has a port for return but I am not using it currently). Lucky for my Fore mislabled the box I was shipped and I ended up with a walbro base that I hung on to in the event I needed to go return system down the road. Well I guess that time has come because I am going bigger which means I need fuel to support 1000rwhp on 110(sorry not E-85). The cheapest way for me to do this seems to go return style (Just need fuel line, a Y block and a regulator) however I need more pump then the twin GTs. I have read that the Walbro 400 will support around 1200rwhp in a return setup and get me to were I want to be the cheapest way but I need to make sure they fit in the twin walbro base plate for the fore hat. Keep in mind this was made before these pumps were around so i believe it was built to hold the 255 pumps.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Is this true? Everything I have read besides this post said the Walbro 400 would fit the hat that was made for the 255 pumps (GSS342).

I am currently running an old fore twin GT pump hat in my car (has a port for return but I am not using it currently). Lucky for my Fore mislabled the box I was shipped and I ended up with a walbro base that I hung on to in the event I needed to go return system down the road. Well I guess that time has come because I am going bigger which means I need fuel to support 1000rwhp on 110(sorry not E-85). The cheapest way for me to do this seems to go return style (Just need fuel line, a Y block and a regulator) however I need more pump then the twin GTs. I have read that the Walbro 400 will support around 1200rwhp in a return setup and get me to were I want to be the cheapest way but I need to make sure they fit in the twin walbro base plate for the fore hat. Keep in mind this was made before these pumps were around so i believe it was built to hold the 255 pumps.

do a right up for us when you get on that project. then we shall know for sure.

GodStang

Established Member
Worked fine for me, just started to run out of injector with my 80's, but no issues with these pumps though.

Your injectors should support a whole lot more. Many have seen 800-900rwhp on 80lb injectors and Corn with a Supercharger.

Are you talking about for turbo or for a Supercharger? These numbers will be very different. A fuel setup does not care about rwhp it cares about engine hp.

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Are you talking about for turbo or for a Supercharger? These numbers will be very different. A fuel setup does not care about rwhp it cares about engine hp.

I just want to know if the walbro 400 pumps fit in the old Fore hat that was made for the older walbro pumps that were out at the time the original fore hats were made.

Users who are viewing this thread