Wait on GT500?

Wait and buy or build?

• Gt500

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • TV'S GT

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • TT GT

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Other... please explain in your reply.

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • OP, Lol

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zemedici

Established Member
Whats "nothing"?

I can't seem to find any deals on 2015+ GTs. They all are in the mid 20s and up around here. For a 3 year old 2015 GT, i would of expected the prices to drop to in the teens, considering it's a mass produced vehicle that only cost about 32K new.

The s550s can be had for 25-30k with relatively low miles. Stock motor that can handle 800whp? Heated / cooled seats? Navigation? 6 piston brembos?

Gotta admit they’re crazy bang for buck....

Zemedici

Established Member
And to add, if you do t wanna spend 25k, spend 18-22 and get an 11-14 car with a blower already on it

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Go test drive a ZL1 with the A10 auto (put it in Track>Race mode). I did and bought one 2 weeks later for $7000 under MSRP. The GT500 guy with a VMP at the strip was drooling over the ZL1. I've never had a car that handles like this. GM got this one right. Make sure you get the PDR option.

Unlike Ford dealers, you can actually test drive them without putting down a deposit first.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9jjltVCp_wOsWvJsfvL7QQ

Unless you just dislike the ZL-1, I would consider that one too.
First newer Camaro that I like the styling of and it's not slouch in the performance department in a straight line and cornering

Although the GT route isn't that bad either in the meantime. You know those 500's will get the ADM treatment for a bit.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
The biggest downside of the Camaro is the horrible visibility. That said, I drove both a SS 1LE and a GT350....the Camaro SS 1LE is the better car. One other small thing I didn't like about the Camaro was how heavy the steering was. It was heavier than the 2013 Viper I owned.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
Is that with the car shifting or are you using the paddle shift?

I leave the car in drive, so totally auto. The car has 3 main driving modes and Track has 5 sub-modes. I use the line lock for a burn out, then use a launch mode that allows me to select the rpm and %wheel slip. The default setting of 1700 RPM and 10% slip produced the best result. I basically do the burnout, pull up to the line, slam the brake, slam the gas, let go of the brake on the last yellow.

The biggest downside of the Camaro is the horrible visibility. That said, I drove both a SS 1LE and a GT350....the Camaro SS 1LE is the better car. One other small thing I didn't like about the Camaro was how heavy the steering was. It was heavier than the 2013 Viper I owned.

The visibility issue is overly exaggerated. The A-pillar requires some adjustment, but you get used to it. The ZL1 has 3 steering weight modes. Touring mode is easy to steer with one hand while I'm drinking a Starbucks.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Any viable blower upgrade options yet for the ZL1?

WHat about fueling?

How are the Whipple cars performing?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The visibility issue is overly exaggerated. The A-pillar requires some adjustment, but you get used to it. The ZL1 has 3 steering weight modes. Touring mode is easy to steer with one hand while I'm drinking a Starbucks.

Definitely not overly-exaggerated. It has by far some of the worst visibility because of how narrow the field of vision is. You have like maybe 2ft of total height from the dash to the roof looking out the windshield. The beltline to roofline dimensions are far tighter than the Challenger's or Mustang's.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
A lot of the cars being mentioned in this thread were available when you put down your deposit.
What does that tell you ??

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Didnt boost works screw a guy on here recently?

@gimmie11s WWHHHAAATTTTT?????? You sold your snake? :(

Boostworks.. LOL. Bad, bad idea!

Yeah.. she's gone. Still trying to decide where I should direct another bad financial decision!

Should have some new wheels in the next month or two.

Josh did you end up buying anything? Where are you with your Cobra--buy it back or no? @Zemedici

Zemedici

Established Member
Boostworks.. LOL. Bad, bad idea!

Yeah.. she's gone. Still trying to decide where I should direct another bad financial decision!

Should have some new wheels in the next month or two.

Josh did you end up buying anything? Where are you with your Cobra--buy it back or no? @Zemedici

Mayyyyyyy make a jump to the dark side....shhhh don’t tell my boss, looking at some ZRJuans....

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
The dark side is strong in this one. I feel it.

cb132ec342e0b3c06be0d8e61736c578--office-spaces-dark-side.jpg

Mayyyyyyy make a jump to the dark side....shhhh don’t tell my boss, looking at some ZRJuans....

Users who are viewing this thread