Wait on GT500?

Wait and buy or build?

• Gt500

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • TV'S GT

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • TT GT

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Other... please explain in your reply.

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • OP, Lol

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
So I have a deposit (refundable) with a local dealer for a GT500 on an allocation but I'm REALLY getting the itch to drive a fast car again. The S197 isn't an option because I LOVE the s550 styling.

I've been pondering just buying a 15-17 GT and going with a VMP TVS or a TT kit because of the wait for a 500 and the fact that the coyote is so stout and makes retard power when boosted. Additionally, the spend would be much lower going this route. Also, I could buy a GT cash whereas I'd need a loan with the GT500.

Open to other options but they're limited because I need 4 seats.

What say you?

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
So I have a deposit (refundable) with a local dealer for a GT500 on an allocation but I'm REALLY getting the itch to drive a fast car again. The S197 isn't an option because I LOVE the s550 styling.

I've been pondering just buying a 15-17 GT and going with a VMP TVS or a TT kit because of the wait for a 500 and the fact that the coyote is so stout and makes retard power when boosted. Additionally, the spend would be much lower going this route. Also, I could buy a GT cash whereas I'd need a loan with the GT500.

Open to other options but they're limited because I need 4 seats.

What say you?
Camaro Iroc-Z

Kiohtee

Established Member
Other.

Once tuning and power adders become plentiful on the 2018's, I don't see a single reason not to consider it over a '15-17. I don't like the S550 styling and certainly don't care for the 2018, but that's where the performance is.

Resale value aside, I can't think of a single benefit the GT500 will provide moving forward, besides being faster out of the box but at a much greater cost. A blown/turbo Coyote car will outperform a stock/lightly modded GT500 when done right.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
You’re going to want a GT500 when they come out. People can buy a Challenger and put power adders on it and make it as fast as a HC, but it isn’t. Same with the GT500; you can put money into anything and make it fast, but other than the mods, what’s special about it?
I would hate to buy a GT and then see a GT500 roll down the street a few months later. Sure you will enjoy a modded GT, but it’s not a GT500.
That’s my two cents anyway.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I think we are still going to be waiting a while for this 500 and when it does come, it's going to be crazy dealer markups at nearly every dealership. I'd do an FI S550, or consider the competition...ZL1s, Hellcats an option?

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I think we are still going to be waiting a while for this 500 and when it does come, it's going to be crazy dealer markups at nearly every dealership. I'd do an FI S550, or consider the competition...ZL1s, Hellcats an option?
Exactly, unless you have a contract saying you're buying it for MSRP, I would get that confirmed first. Stealerships will screw you because if they can make even 5k adm, that is a nice vacation or down payment on something. Maybe even hookers and blow.
I'm not sure ive said this before, but my brother works in the dealership industry. Some of the Ford dealers made a killing on the GT350's. When I asked him to check back in late 2016 there was a stealership that sold 11 of them and netted nearly $300k on ADM alone.

Just being realistic OP, I post on M6G, other car forums and see posts on IG about people getting screwed (Demon sold to another buyer who likely paid more, even with a signed piece of paper).

Coiled03

Established Member
Camaro Iroc-Z

Duh. That's the obvious answer. Try to think outside the box.

The 500 is going to take so long to come out, by the time it does the other manufacturers will have already made something faster, OR the horsepower wars will be over. Ford takes too damn long to work through product cycles.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Unless you just dislike the ZL-1, I would consider that one too.
First newer Camaro that I like the styling of and it's not slouch in the performance department in a straight line and cornering

Although the GT route isn't that bad either in the meantime. You know those 500's will get the ADM treatment for a bit.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Performance wise it's ridiculous but I just can't get on board with the styling.

Unless you just dislike the ZL-1, I would consider that one too.
First newer Camaro that I like the styling of and it's not slouch in the performance department in a straight line and cornering

Although the GT route isn't that bad either in the meantime. You know those 500's will get the ADM treatment for a bit.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Hellcat is definitely a consideration. .. challenger or charger.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Kommiefornia ftw

I’d buy a 15-17 car for nothing (values dropped when 18s came out) and put twins on it, make 8-900whp on stock motor and corn, and GG my friend.

x10.

Ill probably go this route very soon. I miss a turbo coyote big time. Loved the TVS gt500, but just not the same.

Nothing is better than a fine tuned tt coyote. Nothing.

Only caveat is this... the 2018! Trans choices are both great: Mt82 has been revised with better gearing and a dual disc clutch has been added. Then there's the a10. Mmmmmmm. Im a manual guy through and through but if the a10 proves to be as strong as the 6r80, im buying an a10.

2018 a10 with 301a (larger center screen) and done. ~$33k before fees. Add turbos and never look back.

Users who are viewing this thread