Wait on GT500?

Wait and buy or build?

• Gt500

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • TV'S GT

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • TT GT

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Other... please explain in your reply.

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • OP, Lol

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Unless you just dislike the ZL-1, I would consider that one too.
First newer Camaro that I like the styling of and it's not slouch in the performance department in a straight line and cornering

Although the GT route isn't that bad either in the meantime. You know those 500's will get the ADM treatment for a bit.

ZL1 is a bad mofo... just cant get over the tiny factory blower. WTF were they thinking?

Now... if GM comes out with a z28 (think new ZR1 powertrain in a Camaro--factory 2650 TVS) then I would be all over that bitch.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
ZL1 is a bad mofo... just cant get over the tiny factory blower. WTF were they thinking?

Now... if GM comes out with a z28 (think new ZR1 powertrain in a Camaro--factory 2650 TVS) then I would be all over that bitch.

Brother if they announce that Im going straight to my salesman and dropping that deposit and too hell with adm. im only living once and that bitch would look bad to the bone in front of the double wide

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I voted other.
Go for a brand new '18 GT optioned out the way you want and in the color that you want. Do it up with the VMP! You'll make great power and the quarter mile times/mph will be bonkers. lol
Good luck!

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member

I'll tell you what they were thinking, they were thinking about the following models for the next generation ZL1's and where they could get power from easily. Or.....they didn't want to blow the engine, lol. I'm not sure on the compression ratios and such on those.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
California dealership? That's absurd.
Not in Cali, although I bet if I asked him to look he can prob find a dealer in socal that has probably had a ton of profit from ADM too.
Not sure there is much ADM profit here in norcal, everything is priced higher up here and worth driving 300+ miles south just to get $500 and up off.

Bought my last two toys in san diego, Vrod and viper.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Depends OP. I voted to wait for the GT500. But as others have said, unless you get a contract with them for a max price of msrp and tax etc, its going to be ADM city.

Coyotes make great power when force inducted, but if you look at it versus an S197 GT500 you'll see tje 5.4L makes more torque.

An S550 Coyote with force induction specific cams might nake up the difference.

Call me a snob, but i dont want a Mustang if it isnt a GT500. Owned a 2014 GT new off the dealer lot, not even close to my GT500 that had 15k on the odometer when i bought it.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Depends OP. I voted to wait for the GT500. But as others have said, unless you get a contract with them for a max price of msrp and tax etc, its going to be ADM city.

Coyotes make great power when force inducted, but if you look at it versus an S197 GT500 you'll see tje 5.4L makes more torque.

An S550 Coyote with force induction specific cams might nake up the difference.

Call me a snob, but i dont want a Mustang if it isnt a GT500. Owned a 2014 GT new off the dealer lot, not even close to my GT500 that had 15k on the odometer when i bought it.

I can see this....for the most part I have always had the special car, cobra, gt500, SS, Z06...love my GT, but wouldn't think twice about selling it if I had an opportunity to jump on a 13/14 500 for the right price or a Hellcat.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I can see this....for the most part I have always had the special car, cobra, gt500, SS, Z06...love my GT, but wouldn't think twice about selling it if I had an opportunity to jump on a 13/14 500 for the right price or a Hellcat.
And its certainly no knock to base mustangs or GTs. They really are all great cars. And we know how insane a GT can be made to go. But.... theres just something special about an SVT or Ford Performance product.

Sent from my banana using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
They (the GT500) are definitely "special" and command a premium when it comes time for resale.

BUT

They are still cheap ass crappy, plastic interior'd Mustangs.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I see you counted out the ‘14 and older models....but what about a Boss? There’s a gorgeous modded Tri-Blaze Boss for sale that would be a BLAST to own. Tons of power and you’ll have decent resale because it is a Boss.

I don’t see the Shelby appeal when a nicely modded GT or Boss can eat it’s lunch for half the price. But I’m cheap...

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
If you got the money then go for the GT500. Everyone talks about adm, but when tomorrow aint guaranteed suck it up get the car you want and enjoy it.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Kommiefornia ftw

I’d buy a 15-17 car for nothing (values dropped when 18s came out) and put twins on it, make 8-900whp on stock motor and corn, and GG my friend.

Whats "nothing"?

I can't seem to find any deals on 2015+ GTs. They all are in the mid 20s and up around here. For a 3 year old 2015 GT, i would of expected the prices to drop to in the teens, considering it's a mass produced vehicle that only cost about 32K new.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Remember, I bought a new 2014 GT too.

The interiors on all 11-14 cars are damn near identical.

You definitely don’t buy an 11-14 Shelby for its fancy interior.
Sure its not a Lexus, but id rank it as a nice interior. Sides, cheap plastic and th8n leather= weight savings = faster car. :D

Sent from my banana using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread