Volvo no longer going to make gasoline only engines... end is near!

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
For $45-55K it's not a bad car at all. You start pushing $60-80K and there are much better/proven alternatives. I remember how bad the last Continental was with FWD and a V8.

I'm pretty cynical of what direction Lincoln took the continental myself, but I would agree with this. Lots of good things about the car. Just a disappointment compared to what it could have been.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I'm pretty cynical of what direction Lincoln took the continental myself, but I would agree with this. Lots of good things about the car. Just a disappointment compared to what it could have been.

What it should've been. RWD, V8, suicide doors. I'd been interested to an extent. I lean towards performance before full out luxury.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
E class/5 series, Lexus GS/LS, Hyundai Equus, caddie CTS V sport. Or pony up a few more thousand and get a CTSV. But Lincoln clients don't care about performance just the winning bingo numbers.
And still, only two of those would be considered direct competition. If you like the midsize sedans more then clearly the full size luxury vehicles are not what you are looking for. The S Class, 7 Series, Genesis, XJ, and for Caddy it would be the XTS, which I happen to be driving right now. Let me say it is nothing to write home about. Not a bad car but not a car that can ride the coat-tails of the CTSV and ATSV.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
And still, only two of those would be considered direct competition. If you like the midsize sedans more then clearly the full size luxury vehicles are not what you are looking for. The S Class, 7 Series, Genesis, XJ, and for Caddy it would be the XTS, which I happen to be driving right now. Let me say it is nothing to write home about. Not a bad car but not a car that can ride the coat-tails of the CTSV and ATSV.

The XTS is a bag. IMHO Lincoln is the equivalent of Buick or Acura. Lincoln either needs a complete new direction or needs to go away. Their product line is ho hum. Ditto Volvo.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The XTS is a bag. IMHO Lincoln is the equivalent of Buick or Acura. Lincoln either needs a complete new direction or needs to go away. Their product line is ho hum. Ditto Volvo.
It's ho-hum to you. It's appealing to me because more and more I enjoy driving luxury vehicles. I've driven all of the mass produced luxury vehicles and I definitely appreciate Lincoln's take on the segment. They have a much softer ride than the other brand's more sporty suspensions that often times feel very wound up, like they are always ready to go and get you from point A to point B as fast as possible. That's not a bad thing but Lincoln has it to where it is just a relaxing soft driving experience. Drive a Navigator and you will know what I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread