VMP TVS #0002 Build... 03 Cobra

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
is there a thread with what all the TVS cars are running? I's starting to think twice about upgrading this winter. My car has trapped 132mph with the eaton at 1800 DA.

Not seeing real big gains on that with the TVS? My car must be making more power than I think it is.

That is a good idea about a TVS time thread.
Best mph on mine is 108.5/138.5 in a heavy vert.
Jake ran 150 on his. Forgot the 1/8th.

Last edited:

hotford

Established Member
You want apples to apples..........Here ya go this is my current car.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/engine-tuning-214/852849-vmp-tvs-s.html
the graph shows the 2.9 still made more power.........
what ya sayin............
your right everyone who has a 2.9 or 3.4 or the K/B should sell them for a 2.3 TVS........

I wasnt talking about your car i was referring to the comparsion he did ....remember he also upgraded some items.......
the TVS is a great blower but is limited.........although they seem to crank out good numbers........

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
your right everyone who has a 2.9 or 3.4 or the K/B should sell them for a 2.3 TVS........

I wasnt talking about your car i was referring to the comparsion he did ....remember he also upgraded some items.......
the TVS is a great blower but is limited.........although they seem to crank out good numbers........

look at it vs a 2.3 Whipple though....I wouldnt necessarily say over a 2.9 or 3.4 but a KB.....

I made 750 with the TVS on 20psi and a built motor...very happy with that

TVS VERT

Established Member

2.9 standard 682/601 3.2" pulley 21psi
2.9 crusher 710/620 3" pulley 21psi
2.3 TVS 681/642 2.6" pulley 21 psi
2.3 whipple 644/621 2.6" 24psi

Id think id rather lose 1 rwhp at peak power and gain 40rwtq any day, also tq is made much sooner with tvs as opposed to 2.9 Whipple.

Im in no way bashing whipple blowers, they make great products just saying the TVS 2.3 is right there with the "Big" whipples in power and usually makes more tq overall and in lower rpm.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
any TVS owners with a Killer Chiller? interested in seeing what IAT2's your seeing....

I will be adding one soon.
This Florida heat is killing me and I'm tired of hauling around 100+lbs of ice.
Although I will probably still add ice to my 6 gallon tank at the track for the most cooling possible.

hotford

Established Member
look at it vs a 2.3 Whipple though....I wouldnt necessarily say over a 2.9 or 3.4 but a KB.....

I made 750 with the TVS on 20psi and a built motor...very happy with that

very impressive, thats huge numbers, woundering what power your compo would make with a bigger blower........:beer:

any modified mod motor thats has bigger cubes, head work and cams would take advantage with the bigger blower as it can move more air.....

Last edited:

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
I will be adding one soon.
This Florida heat is killing me and I'm tired of hauling around 100+lbs of ice.
Although I will probably still add ice to my 6 gallon tank at the track for the most cooling possible.

make sure to use the industrial 12a that Joe recommends, as it offers better cabin cooling than the regular R134a freon. I was surprised at the difference in cooling with the 12a, along with minor tweeking of the low side pressure can affect cabin temps as well.:beer:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
make sure to use the industrial 12a that Joe recommends, as it offers better cabin cooling than the regular R134a freon. I was surprised at the difference in cooling with the 12a, along with minor tweeking of the low side pressure can affect cabin temps as well.:beer:

Thanks for the input.
Keith(Tractionless) is probably going to help me with the install and charging.
He seems to be a Guru on the subject and helped with a lot of the initial testing.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
very impressive, thats hugh numbers, woundering what power your compo would make with a bigger blower........:beer:

any modified mod motor thats has bigger cubes, head work and cams would take advantage with the bigger blower as it can move more air.....

still 281...but ported heads and cams....higher compression too....and through a C4...

TVS VERT

Established Member
very impressive, thats hugh numbers, woundering what power your compo would make with a bigger blower........:beer:

Man you need to learn how to spell :beer:

hotford

Established Member

what tweeking did ya do to the low side?
I have just installed a K/C my cabin temp is around 52F-54F and the water temp in the reservoir tank was a cool 51F yesterday....
I recharged the A/C using 134a, the 12a is not as easy to aquire.

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
^ I think Joe still has the link to the vendor that sells Industrial 12a - pack of 6 shipped for under $50 last time I bought recently.

3cans = approx 35psi on low side @approx 80-90* ambient

4cans = approx 50psi on low side

to tweek ( by the means of adding or recovering freon from the system ) @low side port.

Per several sources, most professionals in heating & cooling recommend a pressure approx around 45psi for R134a, but per the vendor for Industrial 12a he recommends around 35psi is good.

Mine is around 42psi, it provides IMO good cabin cooling and 40* IC fluid temps

mustang john

Established Member

Joe told me that with the drag kit you would be fine with R134a since it uses an expansion valve to regulate pressures instead of the orifice tube.

My TVS will be here next week and i am in the middle of a KC Drag kit install and am also insulating all IC lines and IC reservoir.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
There are some good twin screw products on the market.

However, I bought a TVS product to market because I believed I could offer more.

The VMP TVS is an OEM quality, bolt-on solution, with 100,000 mile reliability. VMP TVS blowers are actually assembled and spin tested in the same lab as the OEM 2013 GT500 TVS supercharger. The VMP TVS clears the stock hood and aftermarket strut tower braces that were designed for the stock blower. The blower fits all of the commonly available throttle bodies so you can re-use your existing parts, however, when you want more it is totally upgradeable. We have been testing a GT500 monoblade throttle body and prototype elbow to mate it to the VMP TVS. The results have been astounding.
TVSvsScrew.jpg

With a huge inlet the VMP 2.3L TVS absolutely screams, not much boost is needed, either.

When the GT500 bolt pattern/footprint elbow is available later this year it will be a reasonably priced upgrade. The price is expected to be in the $250-300 range for existing TVS owners and will only add a few hundred dollars to the cost of a new VMP Cobra TVS kit. It will push the stock block to its limit and allow the built motor guys to take full advantage of the blower.

Users who are viewing this thread