VMP TVS #0002 Build... 03 Cobra

A stallion

Established Member
I ran it that way for about 1.5 years on 17* with no issues.
You can always decrease the timing if 91 is what you are running.
You could also add Torco to the 91.

Yea 657 who is really good number on 20 psi. Can I run Torco with cats? It's like octane booster right? How expensive is it?

Also if I wanted to keep the EGR can I use something like this and mount it somewhere on the firewall?

http://cobraengineering.net/IAC 2 nipple.jpg

A stallion

Established Member
Also I am considering using snow performance meth injection stage II with maf and boost control with the TVS is that gonna help if I run 91 octane? Anyone running meth with tvs?

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The egr valve will sit behind the blower, you just need to hook it up.

I'm not a huge fan of W/M but it may be a good option for 91.

A stallion

Established Member
The egr valve will sit behind the blower, you just need to hook it up.

I'm not a huge fan of W/M but it may be a good option for 91.

Oh so you found a solution to run EGR with the tvs? Any cons of using meth injections?

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
One of our dealers did it, I haven't, but it looks fairly easy to do.

Water puts out the fire, so too much of it is not helpful.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I remember seeing this thread when i was looking for a car a couple of years ago. Its cool to see that you have gotten a lot faster over the last 2 years, your car looks great btw. What happened to your stock motor? I think I read somewhere you have a built motor but I did not see any posts about it in this thread.

A stallion

Established Member
Can you port the VMP TVS to make even more power or it's already been ported comparing to 13 GT 500 TVS?

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Can you port the VMP TVS to make even more power or it's already been ported comparing to 13 GT 500 TVS?

The VMP TVS was a clean slate design.
It was engineered for maximum flow, power and efficiency.
There is no additional power to be had by porting the VMP TVS for the Terminators.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
The VMP TVS was a clean slate design.
It was engineered for maximum flow, power and efficiency.
There is no additional power to be had by porting the VMP TVS for the Terminators.
Zero complaints with my TVS set-up with the GT500 TB & Plenum! :thumbsup:

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
I remember seeing this thread when i was looking for a car a couple of years ago. Its cool to see that you have gotten a lot faster over the last 2 years, your car looks great btw. What happened to your stock motor? I think I read somewhere you have a built motor but I did not see any posts about it in this thread.

Thanks man! The stock motor was fine and still running great. I had some issues with the heads so I pulled the motor for some head work. That turned into a full engine build lol.

Stock block, Manley platinum series pistons, steel rings, H13 pins, stock rods, stock crank, .020 over, Kris Starnes racing heads, VMP TVS sucking through a coffee straw LOL :poke:

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
This thread has me worried about my Accufab TB. Are they really that restrictive? Anyone on here making over 650 through an Accufab?

Vr4me

Senior Lurker
Established Member
I'm wondering if the GT500 setup is worth the additional cost? I haven't seen any before and after results and most of the people using it will have a restriction before the throttle body anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread