Victoria TX police confrontation

2001sleeper

Established Member
The officer may have not liked the guys attitude, but that is life. I deal with many people on a daily basis that I do not like their attitude, but I don't escalate a situation to a physical fight just so I can feel better about myself.

That is how you deal with situations in grade school and those that agree with this scenario are probably cut from the same cloth.

Blown 89

Established Member
The officer may have not liked the guys attitude, but that is life. I deal with many people on a daily basis that I do not like their attitude, but I don't escalate a situation to a physical fight just so I can feel better about myself.

That is how you deal with situations in grade school and those that agree with this scenario are probably cut from the same cloth.
The same can be said of the old man. The bottom line is that the officer is not 100% at fault here, the old man played a part in escalating the situation as well. Both officers and the public have roles to play in deescalating situations which seems to be absolutely lost in this country right now. Treating people with the respect you expect in return is part of mature adult life in a civilized community. Those too stupid or stubborn to understand this will continue getting beat down from the police, citizens, and everyone else they encounter.

To the guy asking what I do when the police take my family.....I fight back when the odds are in my favor. I am armed morning, noon, and night and fighting police oppression when I'm at a tactical disadvantage is a death wish. Arguing with an officer during a routine traffic stop isn't going to end well for me in any situation. In keeping the stop a civil violation I am able to represent myself for free against an officer who represents himself as well and my chances are very high of coming out on top. However, when I escalate the situation I throw that luxury out the window and now I'm tasked with finding representation against an officer who is well represented as well. At that point I've lost my leverage. These idiots fighting the police in often unjustified situations aren't doing anybody a lick of good.

boostownsme

Established Member
Has anyone actually checked the Tx statute? I know in NC it only reads that you're in violation by displaying an expired reg/inspection sticker, regardless of the vehicle it's displayed on. So depending on Tx law his stop could be completely valid, dealer plates or not. And the only thing the officer did wrong was let that driver out of his car, that's a big no-no on traffic stops. He also let the driver become the alpha ( I'm sure someone will pounce on that ) in the situation and once that happens you lose control of the contact.

2001sleeper

Established Member
Both officers and the public have roles to play in deescalating situations which seems to be absolutely lost in this country right now.
I keep saying this, but you can not expect a civilian to act the same as a police officer. One is supposed to be the civilian and one is supposed to be a trained professional. An officer is supposed to confront individuals throughout his day and is trained on how to handle a variety of situations. It is not a civilians job to confront people through out the day and therefore the reactions can not be compared.
Looks like a 23yr old wanting to prove a point over hurt feelings. I see this in bars all the time.

In a school setting you have teachers and students. Do you ever expect a student to handle a situation like the teacher would or do you hold the teacher to a higher standard? Guess what happens when a teacher breaks and acts like a student, they lose their job.

Blown 89

Established Member
I keep saying this, but you can not expect a civilian to act the same as a police officer. One is supposed to be the civilian and one is supposed to be a trained professional. An officer is supposed to confront individuals throughout his day and is trained on how to handle a variety of situations. It is not a civilians job to confront people through out the day and therefore the reactions can not be compared.
Looks like a 23yr old wanting to prove a point over hurt feelings. I see this in bars all the time.

In a school setting you have teachers and students. Do you ever expect a student to handle a situation like the teacher would or do you hold the teacher to a higher standard? Guess what happens when a teacher breaks and acts like a student, they lose their job.
So in other words it's ok for civilians to escalate the situation. We get it, you hate the police :rollseyes

Machdup1

Established Member

Your position in all of these threads is that the civilian should be able to do whatever they want and the cop should back off. We get it, you hate cops, because whatever happened in your past. But what you want really doesn't matter and it never will.

If you act like a fool when the police are questioning you, something bad is going to happen and the officer will be doing the correct thing.

Those are the rules and they will always apply to all of the fools.

Cheers.

Coiled03

Established Member
So in other words it's ok for civilians to escalate the situation. We get it, you hate the police :rollseyes

If you haven't figured it out, it's not an uncommon position nowdays.

Attitudes towards the police will continue to go downhill as long as they continue to expect citizens to slob on their knobs simply because they're cops.

Giving cops attitude when they pull you over, for example, won't get you anything during a traffic stop, I don't disagree. But when you're presented with loaded questions to get you to admit guilt, or read the riot act as if you're a child, expecting anything other than a....less than positive....response is unrealistic. The obvious superiority complex is highly irritating to say the least.

Last edited:

2001sleeper

Established Member
Your position in all of these threads is that the civilian should be able to do whatever they want and the cop should back off.
I know it makes you feel better if my position is as simple as you state, but that is not my position at all. My position is the same in all these threads and that is that the police should be held accountable for their actions. When they abuse their powers they should be held accountable and the force they use should equal the situation at hand. Pretty simple stance actually, but it is hard for the bad cops to swallow as it stifles their ego trips and their need to feel powerful.

With many of these "abuse" cases there is always some shady police work brought to the table, some level of cover up, and the accused investigating themselves. It has gone on way to long and needs to stop.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
try actually reading the thread this has been addressed several times as well as in the article referenced

Has anyone actually checked the Tx statute? I know in NC it only reads that you're in violation by displaying an expired reg/inspection sticker, regardless of the vehicle it's displayed on. So depending on Tx law his stop could be completely valid, dealer plates or not. And the only thing the officer did wrong was let that driver out of his car, that's a big no-no on traffic stops. He also let the driver become the alpha ( I'm sure someone will pounce on that ) in the situation and once that happens you lose control of the contact.

DNT H8

Established Member
The same can be said of the old man. The bottom line is that the officer is not 100% at fault here, the old man played a part in escalating the situation as well. Both officers and the public have roles to play in deescalating situations which seems to be absolutely lost in this country right now. Treating people with the respect you expect in return is part of mature adult life in a civilized community. Those too stupid or stubborn to understand this will continue getting beat down from the police, citizens, and everyone else they encounter.

To the guy asking what I do when the police take my family.....I fight back when the odds are in my favor. I am armed morning, noon, and night and fighting police oppression when I'm at a tactical disadvantage is a death wish. Arguing with an officer during a routine traffic stop isn't going to end well for me in any situation. In keeping the stop a civil violation I am able to represent myself for free against an officer who represents himself as well and my chances are very high of coming out on top. However, when I escalate the situation I throw that luxury out the window and now I'm tasked with finding representation against an officer who is well represented as well. At that point I've lost my leverage. These idiots fighting the police in often unjustified situations aren't doing anybody a lick of good.
Very thought out..... Made me consider a few things.
Attitudes towards the police will continue to go downhill as long as they continue to expect citizens to slob on their knobs simply because they're cops.

Giving cops attitude when they pull you over, for example, won't get you anything during a traffic stop, I don't disagree. But when you're presented with loaded questions to get you to admit guilt, or read the riot act as if you're a child, expecting anything other than a....less than positive....response is unrealistic. The obvious superiority complex is highly irritating to say the least.
All types of win here... Lol

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member

Well put. I am always reminded of this video when I see a cop handle a situation the wrong way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxaVubJdsuU

Users who are viewing this thread