Victoria TX police confrontation

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Why are there so many people that act like retards around the police. Why the hell couldn't that guy stay in the car and explain things to the officer instead of getting out and acting like a moron?

Doesn't quite excuse the actions of the cop though, arresting someone for 'expired inspection stickers'??

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
You would figure at 76 he would have enough sense to not resist. Arresting for an expired tag is strange (here would be a ticket), but the old man was resisting. He even said on the video he wasn't going to take that. Case of stupid games winning stupid prizes.

no mention of race, not newsworthy.

He can't be racist, didn't you hear the rap music blasting the whole time? :lol1:

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
I have been pulled over for an expired registration tag.

When the cop came up to my window and asked for license, registration, and insurance I handed them to him and he suggested that a better place for the new sticker would be on the licenses plate.

Instead of keeping it in the little plastic bag stapled to the registration card. I asked him how many people just toss the new registration in the glove box and forget to stick it on the license plate.

He said he pulls over at least two a day. He just sent me on my way and said be sure to put it on the plate.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Instead of keeping it in the little plastic bag stapled to the registration card. I asked him how many people just toss the new registration in the glove box and forget to stick it on the license plate.

I do that pretty much every year lol. Have yet to be pulled over for it though.

Machdup1

Established Member
Complete and Utter B.S. that the officer was placed on administrative duty.

The crusty old bastard first attempts to flee the scene (exits the vehicle and walks away from officer in an attempt to get into building) and changes the stop from a simple traffic matter into something else, he then resists as he is being taken into custody. Note how the officer attempts to keep the door between him and the Tasmanian Devil. Note how Tas closes the door to eliminate the barrier between him and the officer. This guy gave off every bad signal he could to escalate the situation. Watch his right hand take a half hearted swing at the officer while he is struggling to flee custody. Then he continues to struggle as he goes to the ground. The tazer stopped him from fighting and it was the correct option for the resisting suspect.

He acts like a wild animal and then wants to act surprised when something bad happens. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

The fact that this is news at all is the amazing part.

C0bra99

Established Member
A little aggressive for a traffic stop, but him getting thrown to the ground and tased was his own fault for resisting. He didn't listen to the officer from the get go.

Zemedici

Established Member
what does the guys age have anything to do with it? Good god, they'll pick at anything to get a story. So what if the guy's 76? He's resisting an officer, and got dealt with as such.

Bullshit the cop was put on administrative leave, old man shouldnt have been an idiot.

inb4cophaters.

Dont wanna be 'abused' (what all the pansies cry whenever they get dealt with as they should) then dont RESIST THE POLICE. seems simple.

Just_A_GT

Established Member
Quote from the article: "I told the officer, 'What in the hell are you doing?' This gentleman is 76 years old," Urich said. "The cop told me to stand back, but I didn't shut up. I told him he was a g-------- Nazi Stormtrooper."

So because he (the dumb old man) is a former vet the laws don't apply to him?....

I was flabbergasted when the old man decided it would be a good idea to get out of the car, close the door and start walking towards the door of the building. Stay in your car, explain to the officer the situation and this whole thing is dealt with in MINUTES...instead he had to be a tough guy who feels like he's above the law because he's a veteran.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Quote from the article: "I told the officer, 'What in the hell are you doing?' This gentleman is 76 years old," Urich said. "The cop told me to stand back, but I didn't shut up. I told him he was a g-------- Nazi Stormtrooper."

So because he (the dumb old man) is a former vet the laws don't apply to him?....

I was flabbergasted when the old man decided it would be a good idea to get out of the car, close the door and start walking towards the door of the building. Stay in your car, explain to the officer the situation and this whole thing is dealt with in MINUTES...instead he had to be a tough guy who feels like he's above the law because he's a veteran.

I took that comment to mean the cop was being a nazi, rather than the 76 year old was a veteran.

Interesting to see the comments in here. the 76 year old man had no interest in dealing with the cop and did the exact opposite anyone in the right state of mind would do.

At what point does age give the old man leverage and privileges?

Users who are viewing this thread