Victoria TX police confrontation

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
The traffic stop would not have happened if the cop even had a clue what the law is, clearly the car had a dealer plate which made the iexpired inspection a non event. He never should have been stopped. The cop should be on leave for not knowing his job, then fired for beating the crap out of an old man that initally did nothing wrong. The old guys only mistske was getting out of the car and walking away.

So did you miss the part where he refused to cooperate and then resist? Act like an idiot and this is what happens. He even said he wasn't going to take it when talking to the other cop.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Why didn't the officer walk up and say, "my bad, I see you have dealer tags. Sorry about pulling you over."
because the cop was as big of a douche as the old guy.

The traffic stop would not have happened if the cop even had a clue what the law is, clearly the car had a dealer plate which made the iexpired inspection a non event. He never should have been stopped. The cop should be on leave for not knowing his job, then fired for beating the crap out of an old man that initally did nothing wrong. The old guys only mistske was getting out of the car and walking away.

This. I have not seen the video, and I am normally on the cops side of things when they are right. but from the STORY is appears that the cop was just plain wrong on all counts, the old guy wrong on 1. plus according to the story I read the cop tased him twice. you could argue the first one was justifiable, but not the second one.

here is the link to the story: http://trove.com/#me/content/71kPL?...dgets&utm_campaign=wpsrTrendingExternal-1-opt

Last edited:

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member

This. I have not seen the video, and I am normally on the cops side of things when they are right. but from the STORY is appears that the cop was just plain wrong on all counts, the old guy wrong on 1. plus according to the story I read the cop tased him twice. you could argue the first one was justifiable, but not the second one.

here is the link to the story: http://trove.com/#me/content/71kPL?...dgets&utm_campaign=wpsrTrendingExternal-1-opt

Watch the video, that account is not exactly accurate.

At 76-years-old, Pete Vasquez of Victoria stands just 5-foot-5 and weighs 145 pounds. Now, Vasquez, a father of five and grandfather to 20 children, is at the center of a police dash cam video that is causing outrage.

WTF does this have to do with anything, other than try to garner sympathy for the "poor old man".

The video shows officer Nathanial Robinson of the Victoria Police Department arresting Vasquez last Thursday morning. But in the process, Robinson suddenly throws Vasquez onto the hood of his police car, pulls him to the ground and uses a Taser on him.
He was suddenly thrown onto the hood? Yeah AFTER he continued to resist.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I will watch it when I can. am at work and can't get to it. will comment if my mind is changed on anything. but to me it is telling that the chief of police felt the need to apologize to the guy.

Watch the video, that account is not exactly accurate.
WTF does this have to do with anything, other than try to garner sympathy for the "poor old man".
He was suddenly thrown onto the hood? Yeah AFTER he continued to resist.

2001sleeper

Established Member
He was unlawfully being detained.
That was the catalyst of this event and he deserves to be punished for doing a really bad job. As in many of these cases, two wrongs don't make a right unless an officers ego is doing the math.

Machdup1

Established Member

Watch the video and then you will want to be there so you can taze him after the cop tazes the old bastard.

May93

Established Member
If the Police Officer hadn't pulled him over for a bogus reason the situation wouldn't have happened. Notice he wasn't cited because the entire stop was unnecessary. The real underlying problem with the 1% of LEO's who shouldn't be in law enforcement is the other 99% who run to defend their every action and this being a good example. Watch the news as changes are coming because for too many years you wouldn't police yourselves.

The old man wasn't trying to escape and he wasn't a threat. If you believe otherwise then your part of the 1% that needs to find a different career as you make all other LEO's look bad! If the officer was justified then why did the Chief with numerous years of experience apologize to the old man? I'll tell you why because the officer was simply wrong!

Bullitt1448

Established Member
So did you miss the part where he refused to cooperate and then resist? Act like an idiot and this is what happens. He even said he wasn't going to take it when talking to the other cop.

If the cop had paid attention in class and knew the law he is paid a very good salary to enforce, the traffic stop never would have happened because there was no infraction to begin with, therefore if the stop hadn't have happened we wouldn't be having this conversation. The cop was wrong from the very beginning, he should at the least, be fired for not knowing his job. personally I would like to see him do time for assault but we all know that won't hsppen because the cops are the ones investigating. I say we need civillian oversight of all law enforcement

2001sleeper

Established Member
To me it looks like the officer was twisting his wrist and the old man was naturally trying to stop the pain. Not in an aggressive, but the body's natural response to pain. This is a tactic used to "get" somebody to resist and this sort of thing also needs to stop as these 1% ers definitely have an agenda. Officers like to spill the beans when they drink a little too much. "Challenge my ego and I'll make you pay."

The departments better start preventing this type of behavior before the public goes beyond protesting and escalates it to physically stopping these tyranical actions.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Why does it always have to be the lowly citizen who has to suck it up? The cop pulled him for no inspection sticker, the old guy points out the fact he doesn't need it due to dealer plates. Couldn't the cop just suck it up and admit he is wrong, say sorry have a nice day. Nope that's a tazing. :rolleyes:

Try to understand the key point here.

Let's say your walking down the street doing nothing illegal. Cop rolls up and starts hassling you.

You are completely polite and answer all his questions. He says you are under arrest for being too dammed sexy and tells you toout your hands behind your back.

Understand that even though you have done nothing wrong, he can still place you under arrest. Right or wrong, youre going down to the station. If you resist, that is a CRIME. It doesn't matter if you think he is wrong, if your innoccent, if youre the next son of GOD.... You cannot resist arrest.

"Fight" the cops with a lawyer. If you fight them physically you will always loose, every single time. How the **** do people not understand this. Just plain stupid.

Once a long long time ago I witnessed a gas station robbery. After they grilled the two of us for over a hour, in the rain, they ran our ids for no reason. I had a unknown to me unpaid ticket from riding a seadoo to close to another 3 years before. Was I pissed I tried to help and got screwed? Your dammed right. Did I try (politely) to talk him out of it? Sure. But the moment he told me to turn around and out my hands behind my back that's what I did. 2 hours later I was out of jail and didn't have a extra hole poked thru my skull.

2001sleeper

Established Member
Understand that even though you have done nothing wrong, he can still place you under arrest. Right or wrong, youre going down to the station. If you resist, that is a CRIME. It doesn't matter if you think he is wrong, if your innoccent, if youre the next son of GOD.... You cannot resist arrest.

"Fight" the cops with a lawyer. If you fight them physically you will always loose, every single time. How the **** do people not understand this. Just plain stupid.
This is absolutely insane that you approach this situation as OK. This is what needs to stop and is a huge abuse of power.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
This is absolutely insane that you approach this situation as OK. This is what needs to stop and is a huge abuse of power.

This

The police used to be a force that was pretty much universally respected not only for the badge and uniform but for thier intergity. Seems now a few have become rogues, thinking of themselves as judge, jury and in some cases executioner. the police forces should be trying to weed out the bullies and those with the God complexes and matbe then they will earn back the respect of the civillan population, yes they need to EARN respect, you don't get jyst because you wear a uniform and have a badge.

2000gt4.6

Established Member

This is how our justice system is setup. You do not fight the police out in the world... You fight them with a lawyer.

Look a the situation in this video.. He was being stupid, arguing agressivly, and tried to get away when being cuffed. Ended up roughed up and tased. The police are TRAINED that when someone is being agressive to put them in cuffs to control the situation.

Let's say I'm that guy. Cop pulls me over, I stay in the car. Cop comes up to me with hands on wheel and window down. Says "no tags etc etc" during the " why I pulled you over" speech. I calmly explain the situation. he says OK and leaves me be.

Let's take it a step further and say he is a total asshole... Says get out you're under arrest. I get out and calmly comply, go down to the station and loose a hour or two of time before they let me go because its bullshit. No lumps, no taser marks.

A cop is not a judge. Once he decides to arrest you there is no situation where your talking him out of it or convincing him its illegal.

Not one of these videos shows a guy dealing with police calmly and getting ****ed up. I woneed why that is?

Does it suck that this is how the world works? Sure. But it is. Get really stupid with a cop, and you have a chance of getting tazed or shot. So DONT take that chance dumbass. These guys are no different than you, they have bad days and they can be grumpy. They are put into situations day in and out where there is tons of stress, and 90 percent of the people they meet are at their worst part of the day (dealing with a cop). On top of that they dealt with the scum bags of our society every day. Is it surprising overreactions happen when your start yelling at them?

You're walking thru the woods and come up on a grizzly bear. It's docile and ignores you, so you slap the ****er right in the face, then bitch when it claws your head off.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
This

The police used to be a force that was pretty much universally respected not only for the badge and uniform but for thier intergity. Seems now a few have become rogues, thinking of themselves as judge, jury and in some cases executioner. the police forces should be trying to weed out the bullies and those with the God complexes and matbe then they will earn back the respect of the civillan population, yes they need to EARN respect, you don't get jyst because you wear a uniform and have a badge.

40-50 years ago people left their doors unlocked and we didnt have massive ghettos with rampant crime. People respected the police and we didn't have incidents like these. Hell, 50 years ago your family would have beat your ass for running youre mouth half as much as people openly do today.

You can honestly say with a straight face that if the police were just nicer to everyone guys like mike brown wouldn't be acting stupid? Get real.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
through his own ignoance of the law that he has sworn to uphold, he put himself in a situation that was totally avoidable. Seems that more training is required, i personally think that junior officers should be with experienced officers until they can prove that they are capable. A 23 yr old with a gun and a badge and inadequate training can be a very dangerous situation for all.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
exactly....if the cop knew that none of this would have ever happened

40-50 years ago people left their doors unlocked and we didnt have massive ghettos with rampant crime. People respected the police and we didn't have incidents like these. Hell, 50 years ago your family would have beat your ass for running youre mouth half as much as people openly do today.

You can honestly say with a straight face that if the police were just nicer to everyone guys like mike brown wouldn't be acting stupid? Get real.

It's not a question of being nicer. It's the question of making dumb mistakes that all too often get someone killed and then having your own team "investigating" the incident. Respect comes from making the RIGHT decisions under difficut circumstances. As we have seen recently in the news, there are too many officers making the wrong choices. Making the right decisions and have an independant group oversee the cases where investigation is needed and there will be more respect. Criminals will always be with us and I say punish them to the fullest extent but that is a courts decision, not an officers job

2001sleeper

Established Member
You fight them with a lawyer.
So how much does that cost?
Let's say you are an hourly employee and your few hours downtown just caused you to be a no call no show for your job and you get fired.
All of this is very excessive just to make room for an officer's ego.

I don't understand how you think making an illegal arrest is anywhere acceptable.

GRUSE

Established Member
What amazes me is the unwillingness and/or inability of LEOs to ever admit wronging someone.

^^^This is one of the first thing cadets are taught very early at the academy,never publicly admit to any wrong doing.

The young LEO forgot his training of keep a cool head.As the old man was pointing out the dealer tag exempting the inspection violation.The LEO had already made up his mind an arrest was warranted.The young LEO at the least needs to be retrained on how to deescalate a situation.

What has come of it all? Are LEO's to be considered as Peace Officers or Militarized Law Enforcers?Has the paradigm shifted to the point where voicing displeasure to a LEO,justifies being thrown to the ground and tazed multiple times.

I have respect for LEO's.They have a tough job,but this kid screwed it up royally.

Users who are viewing this thread