Venomous01 Vs. JD_Z28

JD_Z28

Established Member
Venomous01 said:
Jesus any #'s on that thing?

I have been talking about dropping a built 5.4L Ford GT shortblock/heads or built stroked/bored out 5.0L VT or MMR engine in my cobra and maybe switching to a 3.4L Whipple myself when available, but we'll see. I am very happy with my setup as is.

I believe he makes 653whp on 91.

Sage

Established Member
Hey JD, I got your message last night. I'm getting ready to go out to sea for 3 weeks but I'll be checking for your video. (I know this is in an off-site location in Mexico)!

Btw, I've got my 345 Drag Radials on the way. I can't wait to get those things mounted on the 12" rims. Even though my car is making less hp than all you guys!

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
Venomous01 said:
Jesus any #'s on that thing?

I have been talking about dropping a built 5.4L Ford GT shortblock/heads or built stroked/bored out 5.0L VT or MMR engine in my cobra and maybe switching to a 3.4L Whipple myself when available, but we'll see. I am very happy with my setup as is.

T76BB > 3.4L imo :)

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
JD_Z28 said:
If you're avaliable this Friday lets make it happen :-D

If you can make it out were going to have other quick cars out with us also, Whippled GT500, 577 whp T/A, H/C Built Camaro, 383 Stroker LT1 w/a 150 shot, Whippled 03 Cobra, and more.

When did Whipple release their kit for a GT500? That guy must have some serious pull to already have one on his car.

Good luck Dave, you got this! :beer:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
2003Slobra said:
When did Whipple release their kit for a GT500? That guy must have some serious pull to already have one on his car.

Good luck Dave, you got this! :beer:
Thanks Matt! Hey I need a lethal sticker btw... when you guys see my license plate you'll crack up and know why.
:beer:

Update my car is going to be in the shop longer then anticipated. Doug at Billetflow is making me a custom fabricated billetflow IRS brace that will work with the maximum Motorsports rear diff IRS cooler kit. Lot's of things still in the works.

Last edited:

travie319

Established Member
can I race the COBRA?....or am I not worthy enough....
I would probably lose pretty bad....w/ those numbers...:shrug:

JD_Z28

Established Member
travie319 said:
can I race the COBRA?....or am I not worthy enough....
I would probably lose pretty bad....w/ those numbers...:shrug:

That would be a good idea since you're right down the street from him :idea:

Represent and make me proud :D

Venomous????

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
JD_Z28 said:
New turbo is in and tuned ready for some action Venomous01 :D
Well now you should be in a whole other league with that turbo. I don't think a high boost twin screw on a stock engine is any real match for a T76 on a built 383. I assume you have more lag now but the top end pulls like a mother...

I am looking at going KB 2.8H right now....

Now if you want to sign up for this Saturdays Feb. 17th Willow Springs Track event and do some twisties... well.... :beer:

Last edited:

JD_Z28

Established Member
Venomous01 said:
Well now you should be in a whole other league with that turbo. I don't think a high boost twin screw on a stock engine is any real match for a T76 on a built 383. I assume you have more lag now but the top end pulls like a mother...

Now if you want to sign up for this Saturdays Feb. 17th Willow Springs Track event and do some twisties... well.... :beer:

Thought you were dead :shrug: FYI I'm only stock cubes (346).
There is more lag with the new turbo but my tuner raised the rpm's to help keep the car in the power band longer. I don't know about the twisties I don't really have a good set of tires right now :cryying:

Let me know when you want to meet up one of these days and will make this race happen :pepper:

04torchred

Established Member
Venomous01 said:

I wouldn't guess much lag with a 76 on a 383, even if it lags he makes enough tq without the turbo on that motor.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
JD_Z28 said:
Thought you were dead :shrug: FYI I'm only stock cubes (346).
There is more lag with the new turbo but my tuner raised the rpm's to help keep the car in the power band longer. I don't know about the twisties I don't really have a good set of tires right now :cryying:

Let me know when you want to meet up one of these days and will make this race happen :pepper:
This definitely won't happen for a while unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread