Venomous01 Vs. JD_Z28

JD_Z28

Established Member
Me and Venomous decided to have a friendly run next week sometime and get it on vid :beer: I think this will be a close race considering he's putting down 620whp, the last Cobra I ran put down 590whp and pulled him not by more than a car and a half. By the time this race happens i'm goanna have a set of stg.2 ported 6.0 heads, ported TB, JBA headers, and a new tune on 91octane. place your bets this should be a close race :pop:

JD_Z28: 02 Stripper Z28 346 Forged (built by HPE) W/TPI Stg.2 6.0 heads, STS Turbo Kit 8.7lbs W/Synergy 2 Step, FMIC, Mototron 60lbs, Ported TB, JBA Headers, Bassani Y-Pipe W/No Cats, Built T-56 W/Viper Conversion, Full Hotchkis Suspension, Pro 5.0, Textralia Clutch and Billet Steel Flywheel, Zo6 Wheels and custom tune by Excelsior Motorsports.
STS.gif

Venomous01: Whipple 2.3L W140ax Twin Screw, 3.50 upper pulley for 17lb Street Tune/3.00 upper pulley for 21lb Race Tune, Metco 4lb lower pulley w/alternator pulley, Accufab single blade throttle body, JLT High Boost RAI w/12" K&N Air Filter, JLT PCV Pre-Filter K&N Air Breather, SCT 2400 MAF
Siemen 60lb injectors/harnesses, Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump 40 amp, SCT Excal2, BilletFlow 4pc Idlers, Kooks LT's 1 5/8 and 2 1/2 collector, JDM catted h-pipe, Magnaflow catted x is off, Magnaflow catback, PFab I/C Reservoir, Canton Radiator Reservoir, Fluidyne Intercooler, Fluidyne Radiator, 160 degree thermostat, Updated Jan 05 Heads, LDC head cooling mod, Centerforce DFX Clutch Kit, Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel, Liberty Gear 26 spline input shaft, UPR Clutch adjuster/jam nut, SOS pillar/pods, Raptor shift light, AEM Wideband, Speehut Boost/Vac 30psi and Fuel Pressure 100psi, MGW short shifter, Kenny Brown Springs, BilletFlow IRS Brace, MM caster/camber, MMFLSFC, Metco Driveshaft loop, MRT Hood Struts
Chrome Saleen 18x9 Fronts/18x10 Rears, BFG KDW2's 275 Front/295 Rear, Tuned by Greg @ RET.

Last edited:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
:beer: Nice JD I was gonna pm you to start a thread like this. My buddy is gonna die when he sees your car.

Damn Chevy fans:p haha j/k :lol1: (I like Chevy too just don't tell anybody).

JD_Z28

Established Member
Venomous01 said:
:beer: Nice JD I was gonna pm you to start a thread like this. My buddy is gonna die when he sees your car.

Damn Chevy fans:p haha j/k :lol1: (I like Chevy too just don't tell anybody).

Theres nothing wrong with liking a Chevy :p

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
wow this is gonna be good, i know DJ has a fast car.. but ive seen your(JD) vid vs that other cobra.. good luck to both of you.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
I think we should post a full list of mods for each car in your first post so everyone will know exactly what each car has. That will allow them to make the best choice or opinion on the outcome... :coolman:

:pop:

Last edited:

SHONOFF98

Established Member
Venomous01 said:
I think we should post a full list of mods for each car in your first post so everyone will know exactly what each car has. That will allow them to make the best choice or opinion on the outcome... :coolman:

+1

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
F8LSNAKE said:
can't wait for the vid guys. You gonna run from a dig or roll?
It would be nice to hit the drags so we can see traps and e/t's and grab some video of that. I wouldn't mine going from a dig if I can get my level 5's in and my DRs mounted otherwise a roll might be better. I'd rather not break a halfshaft far away from home.

Maybe we can put together a little grudge match high quality compilation with more then a few runs on it and a nice intro with mods and pics of the cars.

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
dude, wtf? you dont even pm a ***** to let him know wassup?!

i dont care where or what time, ill be there! ill bring my camcorder and slr camera to help in the recording. keep me in the loop! :thumbsup:

remember, dont post any pertinent info in the thread! keep it in pms! too many popos in this forum. then again, one of them can even read our PMs :shrug:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
svt4stv said:
dude, wtf? you dont even pm a ***** to let him know wassup?!

i dont care where or what time, ill be there! ill bring my camcorder and slr camera to help in the recording. keep me in the loop! :thumbsup:

remember, dont post any pertinent info in the thread! keep it in pms! too many popos in this forum. then again, one of them can even read our PMs :shrug:
Yes I know and that is a strong reason why I would love to keep it at the track or on a closed course.

I'd really love to do this at the track so we can go all out in a safe enviroment and get times. :coolman:

Last edited:

JD_Z28

Established Member
Venomous01 said:
Yes I know and that is a strong reason why I would love to keep it at the track or on a closed course.

I'd really love to do this at the track so we can go all out in a safe enviroment and get times. :coolman:

Of course all races will be done at the track ;-) Illegal street racing is for the ricers :rolling:

04torchred

Established Member
What is the SS putting down? I would guess in the 550-560 range at 9psi. Should be close, but I might give the node to the Camaro.

Users who are viewing this thread