Venomous01 Vs. JD_Z28

JD_Z28

Established Member
Venomous01 said:
Oh no...:nonono:

Didn't you have it tuned?

I had it tuned with a 13lb spring but the car only made 10.5lbs of boost. I installed a manual boost controller and asked my tuner if it would be safe to up the boost to 13lbs, he told me It shouldn't be a problem since it was running on the richer side. Before I turned the boost up I noticed a small boost leak (vacum was low and I could hear it). When I did blow the gasket there was coolant and oil all over the engine :nonono:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
JD_Z28 said:
I had it tuned with a 13lb spring but the car only made 10.5lbs of boost. I installed a manual boost controller and asked my tuner if it would be safe to up the boost to 13lbs, he told me It shouldn't be a problem since it was running on the richer side. Before I turned the boost up I noticed a small boost leak (vacum was low and I could hear it). When I did blow the gasket there was coolant and oil all over the engine :nonono:
Ouch yeah that's not a good sign at all. I don't know if I would turn up the boost with a shot in the dark ok from a tuner. I'd like to see everything on the dyno. Thats just me though. Good luck with the enigine and I hope nothing major happened. My new oil cooler adaptor is getting installed as I write this and should be good to go whenever you are ready. So keep me posted.

JD_Z28

Established Member
Venomous01 said:
Ouch yeah that's not a good sign at all. I don't know if I would turn up the boost with a shot in the dark ok from a tuner. I'd like to see everything on the dyno. Thats just me though. Good luck with the enigine and I hope nothing major happened. My new oil cooler adaptor is getting installed as I write this and should be good to go whenever you are ready. So keep me posted.

I should have my car back together this week so maybe this weekend if you're not busy :thumbsup:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Everyone, it looks like JD has a warped head right now. So if he can get it fixed or replaced then this will go down ASAP.

JD let me know when you're fixed and making it up. Hope everything turns out ok.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
SSmoked99 said:
I can't wait to see this vid! Is this race going to be during the day or night?..
I think day would be best so the video will be clear. Let's hope JD can get his car fixed and ready to make it up in time.

JD_Z28

Established Member
Venomous01 said:
I think day would be best so the video will be clear. Let's hope JD can get his car fixed and ready to make it up in time.

We'll have to do it next weekend since I haven't got my head back yet :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread