Us newedge cobras really are the bastard children in SVT!

wma8706

Established Member
Looks like we should've just saved the money and bought a GT..:shrug: Check out these posts...
The 99-04 gt's are a good run for the 99-01 cobras. I raced a 99 and pulled him by 1/2 car and stayed that way.

you should put the spray on it...oh and i beat one with intake and catback...
What mods do you have? We all no that the 99's are down on power to start with. I wish some 99-01 cobra's in my area would play!!!
He SHOULD keep thinking that. I own both cars (01 cobra, 99 gt) and the cobra isint that much quicker stock for stock.
......link to the video and post.... http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=461044 Don't get me wrong...cause I love and respect the GT also. There are some Bad Ass 99-04 GT's that would just crush 90 percent of the svt members here. But the video and list of mods in this post just does not add up.

01YellowCobra23

SNAKE CHARMED
Established Member
lolz thats funny

ive never lost to a GT

and stock for stock the cobra rapes it every time...i put multiple cars on my buddies GT when we were both stock

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
I've had both powerplants in the same car, the 2V (even with cams) does not in any way compare to the 4V.

An 01 Cobra, assuming a competent driver, will crush a 99-04 GT, stock for stock and mod for mod. No contest.

1 VET ETR

Established Member
I have a 99 Cobra and the wife has an 03GT. Both are pretty much stock and even my wife says the cobra is much faster! LOL

I like both cars for what they are.

venamous01

Established Member
i had a 98 gt with pi heads and intake swap on it, with your average bolt ons, now i have an 01 cobra with about the same bolts ons, and so far i have run the same time at the track with them, but i always have to get out of it in 2nd gear with the cobra cuz the wheelhop. ill fix that here in 2 weeks. but i can definantly feel that the cobra has more power all the way around even with stock gears

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
I walk all over bolt-on GT's all day. With the 4.30s, they are no contest. From a 30mph second gear roll, I put 2-3 cars on the QUICK.

Sny714

Established Member
I have not raced a 99-04gt yet but I have raced an 05 gt, I know it had at least an exhaust. We started when he was 1 car ahead at 15mph and by 80-85 I was 1.5-2 cars ahead of him. So if Im able to pull an 05 like that Im not worried about 99-04's.

K2AHollywood

Established Member
ok those videos pretty muc suck but thats a good thing for that cobra driver cause he is an assmo. Anyway I always work bolt on GTs, and I got a good laugh from that whole post, thanks for stepping up wma8706 and correcting them

Rotzs99

Established Member
i remember the first time i went to the track i was pissed because there was a 04 GT running 13.5s and i was just breaking into the 13s. He had 4.10s. Gears make the biggest difference and will help a cobra more than a GT.

dreadedboost180

Run what ya brung.
Established Member
I have raced 2 99-04 gts and worked them hard off the spray with just intake, exhaust, and tune. I raced an 08 gt just today on the highway, from 55 he took off early on me and I still reeled him in by 100 and pulled away. I love these cars they are a great value for the performance.

dreadedboost180

Run what ya brung.
Established Member
Lol oh c'mon man it was a super old man and I didnt even think he was gonna race. By the time he took off I had to downshift and pursue him.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
i done told ya this looooong ago....lol

let them think what they want...sooner or later they will run into someone who knows how to drive a New Edge Cobra

i went from running 14.0s to 13.39s with just practice....lots of it

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
We all know the truth. Let it go.

I almost told him a 96 with a few bolt ons went 13.20@106 on street tires just to see what he would say.

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Who gives a crap what GT owners think about 99-01 Cobra's. This is about the same thing as Mach 1 owners saying that there cars can take 03-04 Cobra's. Cool I took a GT500 owner on a run cause he was horrible at driving stick and I was nailing the gears like it was cool.

I know Ford Taurus SHO's, yeah a 4 door sedan, that can stay with or pull on stock 99-04 GT's.

Bottom line there will always be someone saying that they can hang with or beat the next model up. Some sort of pride or point to prove. Cool here is a cookie for you.

Not to say were perfect either. We are always at wits with Mach 1's and even seeing if we could take a 03-04 if it was bone stock, a vert, and had a trailer attached to it. :):):)

Lite this thread on fire, roast some marshmellows, make some smores, and move on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread