Us newedge cobras really are the bastard children in SVT!

Montanasvt

Established Member
I have not raced a 99-04gt yet but I have raced an 05 gt, I know it had at least an exhaust. We started when he was 1 car ahead at 15mph and by 80-85 I was 1.5-2 cars ahead of him. So if Im able to pull an 05 like that Im not worried about 99-04's.

same here

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
Last edited:

'95yellowGT

Established Member
yeh im hoping to get some 4.30s and Spray soon so i can keep up with the STOCK 99-04 GT's lol:lol:

I have never lost to bolton/geared 99-04 gts, these 99-01 cobras really wake up when you know how to drive them:idea: My friend has an 04 GT with bolt ons and 373s(im just full exhaust and JLT) and i always get em by atleast 3 cars or more i let out when its gets too bad for him.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
what the hell do you got done?:banana:

and i was just about to post the crosby vid. he told me he was at around 314rwhp.:beer:

that was with gt solid axle, bfg dr's, 3.27 gears, aluminum flywheel, spec stage 3 clutch, mgw shifter, jlt rai, steeda pullies, tune, no swaybar, no jack or spare...12.557 @ 110.3, 1.87 60', 1/8 mile was 8.077 @ 86.8...

2001SVTsnake

Established Member
that was with gt solid axle, bfg dr's, 3.27 gears, aluminum flywheel, spec stage 3 clutch, mgw shifter, jlt rai, steeda pullies, tune, no swaybar, no jack or spare...12.557 @ 110.3, 1.87 60', 1/8 mile was 8.077 @ 86.8...

very nice man

im sure with 4.30's - 4.56's you deff. be in the 11's

how is your trans holding up? and what were you launching at?

i will be doing a fully built SRA w/ 4.30's soon then a 125 shot:banana:

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
This guy with an 04 "factory freak" gt claimed he could beat me anytime anywhere. We tried from a dig, we tried from a slow roll, and we tried from a fast roll....he never won. We video taped them all and I only saved one because it was the only one that was worthy to be called a race. He got the jump from a 3rd gear roll (both on stock gears with him slightly more modded), had him beat by a door at the top of third, and once 4th gear rolled around, it was over. Since I have had the same experience every time.

The torque will put them at a reasonable race down low, but they just cant breathe like the 4v and will fall further behind with each gear... I love my new edge more and more as time goes on.

zeus201

Established Member
I wouldn't call use New Edgers bastard child because we can destroy all SVT Contour's and Focus.

I'd consider those guys lowest on the totem pole.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
I wouldn't call the FR500 stuff "proof" that we aren't the bastard child. You can get a whipple from Ford for less than the FR500 intake. Plus, everything costs more just cause it's for 99/01. Do you really think it takes $1000 more worth of R&D to change a bracket in a blower kit? Most of the other parts are interchangable.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
I wouldn't call the FR500 stuff "proof" that we aren't the bastard child. You can get a whipple from Ford for less than the FR500 intake. Plus, everything costs more just cause it's for 99/01. Do you really think it takes $1000 more worth of R&D to change a bracket in a blower kit? Most of the other parts are interchangable.

Lets not forget about the forged internals of our counterparts either...

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member

it's not so much about R&D as it is about manufacturing...it costs a lot more to run a one or two piece lot than a 50-100 piece lot...

01 Venom

Established Member
it's not so much about R&D as it is about manufacturing...it costs a lot more to run a one or two piece lot than a 50-100 piece lot...

DING DING DING we have a winner :)

Its expensive because the car is far more rare then GTs. If you cant mass produce then its expensive.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
This thread is convincing enough to pursue SRA swap.

It helps....

launch1.jpg

:)

[size=-2]Car would have done much better with more than the bone stock 99 GT SRA suspension that it had when that pic was taken![/size]

Users who are viewing this thread