Us newedge cobras really are the bastard children in SVT!

281CJ

Established Member
you want a bastard child?

the Mach1 was slated to be the 02 Cobra...but didn't meet Collettis(sp) standards and was given to Scott Hoag(sp) to get a few bullitt parts and a shaker. lol

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Bastard child in some respects but I dont know of any other year mustang that FRPP designed and built a matched H/C/I setup exclusivley for. Sure theyll fit the 96-98 cobras and the Machs but they were intended for the 99-01 cobra first. Seems to me if SVT/FRPP didnt like the 99-01 Cobras they wouldnt have bothered with the FR500 Mustang or the development of the above parts. Just my humble opionion.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
All this track talk is great and all, and I know its the true test. But there are a lot of owners out there (such as myself) that aren't concerned with times. I just want a strong car that looks really clean!!

zeus201

Established Member
New Edge Cobra are rarer plus they generally respond well to mods. All it takes it a little money and the driver mod it won't be an issue.

I normally just cruise around and baby the vert., but I've run into a GT once and it wasn't even a race.

Boss75

Shoot first
Established Member
There are TONS of GT's in my area. Every single one I've raced from a roll I've immediatley pulled away from. The ones I've raced from a dig hold on a little longer but it's still a certain kill.

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
HP is nothing but speed.. we make 317 lb ft of tq stock and the GT is making 302 lb ft tq. All of your acceleration is from torque. There really shouldn't be a major difference between the two cars.

Yeah... right. Tell that to the Formula One guys.

Double"O" said:
there are bolt on n/a 4Vs in the 11s

Low 11s at almost 120 mph at that.

281CJ said:
you want a bastard child?

the Mach1 was slated to be the 02 Cobra...but didn't meet Collettis(sp) standards and was given to Scott Hoag(sp) to get a few bullitt parts and a shaker. lol

Doubt it, as the 02 Cobra was supposed to make 350 HP.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Yeah... right. Tell that to the Formula One guys.

Low 11s at almost 120 mph at that.

Doubt it, as the 02 Cobra was supposed to make 350 HP.

Low 11s? Hmm, I'd like to see some timeslips. That is saying n/a bolt-on 4v's are running time with 500rwhp cars. Timeslips.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Bob Cosby hurting a poor poor neon
Bobs car made 310-315 RWHP
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKDf5gBMZTo"]YouTube - Bob Cosby's cobra and the import smackdown[/ame]

A couple Mach 1s showing what you only 305RWHP can do
[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/4319bfff-e9f0-4b0d-921f-26b28da5f2e0.htm"]Two Sick Mach1's at New England Dragway.

Footag - Video[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread