Upcoming timeframe on the next GT500 and speculation

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
The problem with the Camaro is not that it isn't a good car. It's price point is terrible compared to a mustang. Base GT is $32K, base camaro is $37-38K. What does that have to do with the upcoming GT500 though? The new ZL1 is going to be an incredible car, the next GT500 needs to aim at that and higher.

The lower base MSRP is the reason I chose the Mustang over the Camaro. It was hard to justify the extra money for the Camaro at the time(1LE)

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Awesome taking credit for seeing trends before they appear again. Where do you come up with this crap? I predict their will be a large earthquake in the states sometime in the future. I'll start a thread when this prediction comes true.:beer:
...so thePill's "lies" and "deceit" has again become fact. Since when is it a virtual crime to identify a potential issue and report it to the public years in advance.

Now, if an Earthquake NEVER happens sure, it's peddling fear with lies... then thePill is guilty.

BUT, if what thePill says come true, well... it just makes your belly aching seem elementary.

For example;

thePill claims to have witnessed a 2013 GT500 mule at Nurburgring (lie). It was said to have over 600hp (lie) and the local clubs clocked them between 7:30 and 7:40 (lie).

You called BS... it was not BS... we were shown a video 2 FULL YEARS LATER.

So, thePill knew FACT two full years before Travis put a video up about it. I'm sorry you invested 2 years of forum time trying to discredit that report.

Where do I come up with numbers? I think about them...

Last edited:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
The problem with the Camaro is not that it isn't a good car. It's price point is terrible compared to a mustang. Base GT is $32K, base camaro is $37-38K. What does that have to do with the upcoming GT500 though? The new ZL1 is going to be an incredible car, the next GT500 needs to aim at that and higher.
They won't invest $$$ into a failing model. In fact, most of the scheduled future "upgrades" and "amenities" will be affected by very low sales.

Example being the ATS itself, once intended to be a convertible, now not so much.

Until the Camaro's sales begin to pick up, the #1 priority is base car sales volume. The SS will need to keep a $33,000 GT at bay with ZERO upgrades or incentives. They are also increasing the Camaro's MSRP in the first MY.

None of this is good... it is a boarder-line catastrophe and '17 sales could be 10-30% lower than the 2016. At this point an extended 5th Gen would have been far more profitable.

The zl1 will be helpless, stranded by both sales and budget cuts.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
2017+ Camaro z28 at the Ring. Word is Chevy chose the LT4 as the engine... because there is no f@ckin way GM can compete with the Voodoo

http://www.motortrend.com/news/spied-camaro-z28-testing-ring/

The standard equipment on the '17 zl1 is pretty much garbage for 640+hp. This Camaro has improved the brakes, tires, track width and airflow/ cooling.

I'm betting this is an $80,000... why is there a need for two SC Camaro's is beyond me. It's almost as if they know a zl1 can't hang with a GT350 for long. The last z28 was a $75,000 con job, parts bin Frankenstein. This z28 looks to be a zl1+ con job, parts bin Frankenstein on a patched up, 4 cylinder, shared platform.

thePill was under the impression that z28 heritage included Road Racing. If a supercharged V8 is required to handle a GT350 then, by all means, let it be.

I'm wondering now if Chevy has now passed the z28's "Road Racing Heritage" on to the 1LE. Everyone in IMSA/SCCA have abandon the z28 altogether. It was an aweful idea to sanction a car with a full size wheelbase and a 7 liter engine.

Snoopy49

Established Member
If you looking for information or discussion on the 2018+ Shelby GT500 Mustang, this thread is a waste of time.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
:lol:

It amazes me the amount of butthurt a report can cause. Yes, the 2013 GT500 mule was between 7:30-7:40 at the Ring, go cry somewhere else. Travis posted a video :(

That was the ONLY Ring report I posted here. Unless you are referring to the GT500 vs. zl1 debate?

That didn't end well...

Other than that, I am wondering what info posted here was false. Please qoute and post, because you just making a statement without proof is...

The new z28 wiped out yesterday at Nurburgring, maybe we will see a Mustang testin soon.

The new GT500 will likely mop the floor with the zl1. It will have more power than a Hellcat and potentially more to deal with a future upgrade. Period... Will it be 800hp? I hope so... Because I have the money to buy one...

;)

Last edited:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
All these posts and so little GT500 information...

Ensure you read the title of the thread before clicking on the thread title. Some forum members have been known to not fully read and clearly understand the contents of the thread, including the title.

Also, be advised, there is no such thing as a new GT500. Any information contained in said threads could very well be baseless speculation about an imaginary product.

Last edited:

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Every day that passes without news of a 2018 GT500 , makes it that much less likely Ford will have a 2018 GT500 built.

We are still about 15 months away from production and delivery of the first 2018 MY mustangs. I wouldn't expect any GT500 information to be released until towards the end of this year.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
The closer we get to NOT having info on the GT500, even a limited run of end-year 2017s, I think this is telling that Ford may leave the Shelby name.
How could they pass up a 50th Anniversary GT500--'67 to '17?
-J

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
They're using the Shelby name on the GT350. I think that sticks, whether we get another big HP mustang in the future remains to be seen.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If they do a 2017, it'll be a 50 vehicle run. Mark my words.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There is no way its happening. We've known about the FGT and FoRS for awhile now and they still aren't hitting the streets.

We knew about the GT350 too....then one day they announced that they were making 137 2015's and withing the matter of a few hours, they were all allocated and gone.

We'll just wait and see.

Users who are viewing this thread