Upcoming timeframe on the next GT500 and speculation

badjuicedgt

Established Member
blah blah blah my 06 z06 is great,lets put a stock 06 z06 up against a stock 13-14 gt500 I bet the gt500 wins in a straight line and wins around the curves.Since even if the z06 would take a curve faster when you get to the straight away the gt500 is going to pass it.Since the 2006 z06 was only rated at what 505 horse even if it was under rated it would have to be under rated by 150 horse and that would be the biggest under rating ever and everyone would be out looking for one,and they aren't.So in that case your 06 z06 isn't better in every performance metric like you say it is.I just hope your head hasn't swelled to big to get in and out of that 2 seater.Everyone thinks this car is better than that car and my car is better than your car truth is they are all junk man made products that break and the next car out will be better than the last,and any amount of money can build a car better than the next.Anyone can buy a fast car not everyone can build one.

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
^ A GT500 of any year will not beat a C6Z on a road course. The best Randy Pobst could muster out of a '13 GT500 at LS was 1:38, a C6Z also driven by Randy clocked 1:34. Not to mention the c6z is also faster in the 1/4 mile.

The C6Z is just an all around star when it comes to performance, take both cars and see which one heat soaks and/or brake fades within 1 lap.

I like both cars, but it seems everyone and their mother is getting a C6Z. Would rather have a ZR1 for another 10k/15k or maybe even a Gen IV Viper.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
It appears some hints of an actual Twin Turbo V8 were thrown around on a sister site. The question is now, which Twin Turbo V8 counterpart will it look like the most?

The Merc 5.5 V8 using a BiTurbo or the Audi 4.0 Twin Scroll/Twin Turbo. It could merely be the techniques and designs of the 3.5 extended into the Coyote family.

I am reading up on these two specific drivetrains to see what the differences are, if any...

I think the Mach 1 is going to be in the GT Equipment Group. The Coyote sounds updated and I'm sure the output has come up some as well. Direct Injection is required for Ecoboost, perhaps the "Mach 1" isn't a Mach 1 at all. It could be the 2018 updates...

I hope Ford offers a "Drag Pack" like some dealers are offering w/ warranty. I'd love to see a Supercharged 5.0 GT option from the factory, a GTPP w/ 305's in the rear and 650hp. That's it...

The sales race is pretty much over for the year and this will have a dramatic impact on the Camaro. The Mustang is killing the Camaro (12,800 v. 7500, North America only). They sold 7400 cars in April, w/ the 4 cylinder, vert, fleet/rental included. Don't be surprised if you see some... let's say... corner cutting and budget cuts for the Camaro... effective almost immediately:lol: With 7500 sold in April, there is still hope.

Here is some perspective though...

The 2015 Camaro sold 6900 cars in April 2015, it was the WORST April in the 5th Gen's history :lol:

The 2016 Camaro sold 500 more cars in April 2016. The Camaro isn't dead but it sure is dying...

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
The sales race is pretty much over for the year and this will have a dramatic impact on the Camaro. The Mustang is killing the Camaro (12,800 v. 7500, North America only). They sold 7400 cars in April, w/ the 4 cylinder, vert, fleet/rental included. Don't be surprised if you see some... let's say... corner cutting and budget cuts for the Camaro... effective almost immediately:lol: With 7500 sold in April, there is still hope.

Here is some perspective though...

The 2015 Camaro sold 6900 cars in April 2015, it was the WORST April in the 5th Gen's history :lol:

The 2016 Camaro sold 500 more cars in April 2016. The Camaro isn't dead but it sure is dying...

The biggest issue with the Camaro is the price point.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Chevy just increased the MSRP of the entire Camaro lineup!!

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2016/05...o-order-guide-states-price-bumps-are-inbound/

They sold 20,000 cars in 7 months and they hit it with an MSRP hike???

Come on man!!! The biggest issue with the Camaro is GM's greed. Put it back in the box then...

$37,900 for a 1SS!?!?! I bet there is a 2018 increase as well... Look at the 2014 C7. From $49,000 to $57,000 in 18 months.

All Convertibles increased $7000 dollars!!!! G-R-E-E-D. I'm not sure about a $59,995 2017 zl1 now.

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Chevy just increased the MSRP of the entire Camaro lineup!!

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2016/05...o-order-guide-states-price-bumps-are-inbound/

They sold 20,000 cars in 7 months and they hit it with an MSRP hike???

Come on man!!! The biggest issue with the Camaro is GM's greed. Put it back in the box then...

$37,900 for a 1SS!?!?! I bet there is a 2018 increase as well... Look at the 2014 C7. From $49,000 to $57,000 in 18 months.

You just stated what I said? The price is out of line with it's competition.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
I was unaware of the MSRP increase reported yesterday. I discussed this potential issue on M6G months ago. The MSRP and weight will begin to skyrocket and the real world performance in the SCCA isn't as dominating as the media reported.

If GM thinks the 7400 April sales were low, be prepared for a huge slump once the 17's roll out. The Challenger they are NOT.

In a nutshell, the Camaro was intended to be the volume Alpha car. Since the ATS and CTS have completely flopped, GM is trying to increase the profit per Camaro sold in order to pay for the Alpha R&D :(

The faithful customer has begun to pay for GM's mistakes because shareholders will not.

This is catastrophic bad... low sales, high prices, quality issues and stale art work.

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
I never stated performance. I stated balance, feel, driver enjoyment. Why do people choose the 350 over the c7z?

I was simply responding to your statement of "Never an article like that on a gm. The closest would be the c6z". I meant my C7Z's driving, feel, balance, and steering is better in every way than my C6Z. It was never to bash the GT350 or 13/14 GT500.

Last edited:

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
blah blah blah my 06 z06 is great,lets put a stock 06 z06 up against a stock 13-14 gt500 I bet the gt500 wins in a straight line and wins around the curves.Since even if the z06 would take a curve faster when you get to the straight away the gt500 is going to pass it.Since the 2006 z06 was only rated at what 505 horse even if it was under rated it would have to be under rated by 150 horse and that would be the biggest under rating ever and everyone would be out looking for one,and they aren't.So in that case your 06 z06 isn't better in every performance metric like you say it is.I just hope your head hasn't swelled to big to get in and out of that 2 seater.Everyone thinks this car is better than that car and my car is better than your car truth is they are all junk man made products that break and the next car out will be better than the last,and any amount of money can build a car better than the next.Anyone can buy a fast car not everyone can build one.

I've owned my 03 Cobra since February of 2004, how long have you had yours? I'm the farthest thing from being a Chevy fanboy. I'm a car guy, period.

'14 Shelby

Established Member
All thePill's post had to be pre approved by Mods before their delicate public could read it.

The last time thePill was on SVTP he brought you the 7:30-7:40 GT500 Ring rumor and the GT500 V's. ZL1 thread... how did that work out?

I went to M6G to open a Camaro specific thread and bash it 24-7 for 12 months. thePill can't open Camaro specific threads here. Once the 6th Gen was confirmed a shared full-size platform that cost thousands more, not being very good looking and selling like garbage, what's the point?

There was a bit of uncomfortableness, I don't mind the FB interaction but, there are things on there that they took specific attention to that made me feel like someone standing behind me while I pee...

thePill has physical documentation of my recovery process on FB. Some of those pictures show a great deal of thePill... unfortunately, that is where 3 or 4 of those members decided to spend most of their time at and share those photos. :lol:

In other words, thePill isn't down for a man-crush and I don't have any f@cking T-Shorts photos for sale. Don't be a creepy Camaro guy...

The worst part about Car Forums? People are too stupid to NOT READ or NOT CLICK on a thread thePill is in :)

Just hit ignore, because thePill will be on here for at least 12 months.

Aren't you a legend around here?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I was simply responding to your statement of "Never an article like that on a gm. The closest would be the c6z". I meant my C7Z's driving, feel, balance, and steering is better in every way than my C6Z. It was never to bash the GT350 or 13/14 GT500.

Yet the praise went to the GT350 in the only competition between the two despite the c7z being way faster.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I was unaware of the MSRP increase reported yesterday. I discussed this potential issue on M6G months ago. The MSRP and weight will begin to skyrocket and the real world performance in the SCCA isn't as dominating as the media reported.

If GM thinks the 7400 April sales were low, be prepared for a huge slump once the 17's roll out. The Challenger they are NOT.

In a nutshell, the Camaro was intended to be the volume Alpha car. Since the ATS and CTS have completely flopped, GM is trying to increase the profit per Camaro sold in order to pay for the Alpha R&D :(

The faithful customer has begun to pay for GM's mistakes because shareholders will not.

This is catastrophic bad... low sales, high prices, quality issues and stale art work.

Awesome taking credit for seeing trends before they appear again. Where do you come up with this crap? I predict their will be a large earthquake in the states sometime in the future. I'll start a thread when this prediction comes true.:beer:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Awesome taking credit for seeing trends before they appear again. Where do you come up with this crap? I predict their will be a large earthquake in the states sometime in the future. I'll start a thread when this prediction comes true.:beer:

He is entertaining.

FortLewisCobra

Established Member
He is entertaining.

And right. The highest sales are in the first model year, if 2016 has been a slump 17 is going to be garbage unless the heap incentives on the car but chevy seems to be moving in the opposite direction. I would venture that GM needs fewer camaro sales than ford needs mustang sales due to the camaro being on a shared platform. GM may be sitting in the black across the alpha series even if they missed their individual sales targets.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
And right. The highest sales are in the first model year, if 2016 has been a slump 17 is going to be garbage unless the heap incentives on the car but chevy seems to be moving in the opposite direction. I would venture that GM needs fewer camaro sales than ford needs mustang sales due to the camaro being on a shared platform. GM may be sitting in the black across the alpha series even if they missed their individual sales targets.

The problem with the Camaro is not that it isn't a good car. It's price point is terrible compared to a mustang. Base GT is $32K, base camaro is $37-38K. What does that have to do with the upcoming GT500 though? The new ZL1 is going to be an incredible car, the next GT500 needs to aim at that and higher.

Darth Racer

Established Member
^ A GT500 of any year will not beat a C6Z on a road course. The best Randy Pobst could muster out of a '13 GT500 at LS was 1:38, a C6Z also driven by Randy clocked 1:34. Not to mention the c6z is also faster in the 1/4 mile.

The C6Z is just an all around star when it comes to performance, take both cars and see which one heat soaks and/or brake fades within 1 lap.

I like both cars, but it seems everyone and their mother is getting a C6Z. Would rather have a ZR1 for another 10k/15k or maybe even a Gen IV Viper.

Why is there so much vette vs stang comparisons? They weren't meant to be competitors. The Camaro is the mustang's 'natural enemy'. Why not compare the pony cars and leave the sports cars out of it?

Users who are viewing this thread