Tuning by HPH in the DFW area... All interested get in here !!!

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Herman uses the SCT software package for tuning so, no Diablo tuning during this particular tuning session.

Folks... More and more it's looking like April 2nd but it doesn't seem like we can get enough people to sign up. We're stuck at 8 which may not be enough to make it happen. Please pass the word around to fellow mustang owners to see if we can get that number closer to 15 people.

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member
xtremejc said:
Herman uses the SCT software package for tuning so, no Diablo tuning during this particular tuning session.

Folks... More and more it's looking like April 2nd but it doesn't seem like we can get enough people to sign up. We're stuck at 8 which may not be enough to make it happen. Please pass the word around to fellow mustang owners to see if we can get that number closer to 15 people.

when will we know for sure if he can come down? i can go to houston performance, but would rather have herman tune it. thanks.

Snake40

Established Member
Anyone know of any Mustang clubs that we should make aware of this opportunity ?
Could we include anyone other than O3/04 Cobra owners ? Can someone post a link in the other SVT forums ? Mike

coleman

Established Member
I've already posted on quite a few boards, but please do spread the word ... that is if you want your car tuned by hermann :thumbsup:

mixedup

Established Member
?HUH? price info is to loose

xtremejc said:
Here is the pricing schedule for the tuning:

Herman’s price for A/F measuring and data logging the car as many times as it takes to get it right will be $200 (from the normal price of $250).

The tuning part will be as follow:

Current Pro Racer Package owners, pre programmed chip owners, and flasher/xcalibrator owners will pay $150 for one (1) single custom tune and $200 for up to four (4) different custom tunes (which can be nitrous program(s), race program, low octane program, or any combination needed).

For the folks that need a chip or xcalibrator as well as the custom tune, the pricing will be as follow:

Multi-position chip with switch and cable with one (1) custom tuned program - $370
Multi-position chip with switch and cable with up to four (4) custom tuned programs - $470

X-Calibrator flash tuner with one (1) custom tuned program - $390
X-Calibrator flash tuner with up to four (4) custom tuned programs - $490

Please feel free to ask questions here for Herman and provide any feedback as needed.

I will need to have all the folks interested to PM either Herman or me with a list of modifications, vehicle year and model, and computer code so that he can get started with a baseline tune before getting here. Also make sure to tell him if you will need a chip or xcalibrator.

I will need a deposit of $150 from the interested parties by mid next week so that we can have a definite number of cars for Herman to tune.

Please remember folks that I’m trying to organize this tuning session because I want Herman to work on my car without having to Maryland and I will have to pay the same as the rest of you to get a good tune from one of the top guys out there. If there are any questions regarding the information here please feel free to either post it here for Herman to answer or PM him.

I need to get a head count of the interested folks now as we need to cap the number of cars to tune at 15 or so….

For all folks in need of an SCT MAF, please PM me about a great offer available for those tuning with Herman at this session... Trust me, it is a great deal !!!

We will have to find a staging spot for the tuning session so suggestions would be appreciated. We may be able to have a dyno facility available if needed to confirm our results at an additional $30-$40 per car for Saturday...

Possible dates are March 26th or April 2nd so please state your preference...

OK, here is the official list:

1. xtremejc
2. Coleman
3. Snake40
4. Venomous 10th
5. sbc.cobra
6. BigZach
7. 03blacksnake
8. ???

Thanks for your patience,

what the hell does this mean --

Go to "X TUNER" and it is $400 or $500 for a chip and tune ... but this meeting/tune will cost ????? - pls get me a CPA???????

I was in and out - because of the wife - I want to get back in but I need to tell her this is what it will cost ... but then I also saw that this is ONLY for 03 or 04 cobras only????? I have 96 with a KB and some mod's should I just shut up and let you 03/04 guys worry about the cost and date?

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
mixedup said:
what the hell does this mean --

Go to "X TUNER" and it is $400 or $500 for a chip and tune ... but this meeting/tune will cost ????? - pls get me a CPA???????

I was in and out - because of the wife - I want to get back in but I need to tell her this is what it will cost ... but then I also saw that this is ONLY for 03 or 04 cobras only????? I have 96 with a KB and some mod's should I just shut up and let you 03/04 guys worry about the cost and date?

Guys, anybody with a ODBII FORD vehicle can participate in the tuning session. That means it is open to any Mustang GT, V6, Cobra, Bullit, MACH1, F150 Truck, Marauder, T-bird, Focus, Contour, etc...

Herman can take care of the KB 96 without a problem, just let me know what the mods are on the car so that he can get a program started for it before he gets here.

If you currently have the car tuned with anything but the SCT hardware your cost for the tuning session will be $570 for a chip with a single custom tune $590 for a single custom tune wtih a flasher (no computer removal required) and you will need to add $100 more to either one of the options for 3 additional custom tunes of your choice.

If that is still unclear, please PM me and I will forward you my cell phone so that we can talk about it.

Let's get this going folks !!!

Last edited:

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
Need HBH to come here badly!!!!

I went to a local dyno day, it was like a homemade dyno on a trailer but it was a dynojet I think(The print out says Dynojet research) and hooked up an air/fuel sniffer in the tailpipe and made 1 run and shut it down at 5,000 rpm's cause my air/fuel was above 13 until 4500rpm's and dropped to 12.7 at 4800. It was like 11.8 across before at a regular dyno before the ported blower. I thought it would only lean it out half a point :shrug: Is it actually running leaner being that it was measured by the tailpipe? They also said that the dyno reads 20 lower on power for some reason :shrug: That run has me worried and in need of a tune very badly... Time to let her rest in the garage and pull out the beater. Just hope I didn't hurt my baby...
I will post this on some local websites to try and get some more cars in.
I thought this was definately happening but I guess not...
I will do what I can,
Later
Scott

hpbyhermann

Established Member
Edgewater Maryland, New shop in Beltsville Marylan
i can fix you up in a hurry scott!

VENOMOUS 10TH said:
I went to a local dyno day, it was like a homemade dyno on a trailer but it was a dynojet I think(The print out says Dynojet research) and hooked up an air/fuel sniffer in the tailpipe and made 1 run and shut it down at 5,000 rpm's cause my air/fuel was above 13 until 4500rpm's and dropped to 12.7 at 4800. It was like 11.8 across before at a regular dyno before the ported blower. I thought it would only lean it out half a point :shrug: Is it actually running leaner being that it was measured by the tailpipe? They also said that the dyno reads 20 lower on power for some reason :shrug: That run has me worried and in need of a tune very badly... Time to let her rest in the garage and pull out the beater. Just hope I didn't hurt my baby...
I will post this on some local websites to try and get some more cars in.
I thought this was definately happening but I guess not...
I will do what I can,
Later
Scott
I still think this will happen! But we need to get some more cars to make the trip worthwhile.....trips aren't cheap!! :eek: hermann

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
hpbyhermann said:
I still think this will happen! But we need to get some more cars to make the trip worthwhile.....trips aren't cheap!! :eek: hermann

I fully understand Hermann.

tjvineyard

Sandbagger
Established Member
I am interested. I should be able to say for sure by late tomorrow.

If I buy four tunes, I am guessing I can have a few minutes on the dyno to swap a pulley, belt, and splash in some race gas?

And, I cannot remember who it was that was driving up from SA and looking for a place to stay, but if you want to save the cash for parts, I might be able to hook you up with a place to stay in Plano.

TJ

Users who are viewing this thread