Tuning by HPH in the DFW area... All interested get in here !!!

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
BigZach said:
I can commit when the date is set. I would have to have the car done on Friday or Saturday morning. I will be leaving for Austin on Saturday afternoon to head home for easter.

It's looking like the 26th... So correct me if I'm wrong Zach, if it is the 26th you're in, otherwise you're not? We will get you in on Saturday early if you need to be out early but I need the commitment sooner than later to assure you a spot.

You can get the sensor bung at any muffler shop...

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Snake40 said:
Will thi occur at someones shop with dyno or ???

We will have a dyno available more than likely for under $40 per person if we choose to go that route but I know that Herman likes to tune on the street rather than on the dyno to assure more accurate load on the vehicle and a better margin of safety on the car.

JC

coleman

Established Member
Pronto muffler in Plano did it for nothing because I had recently done some business with them. But a new bung ... lol ... should cost about $8 + installation ... $20 ttl would be my guess.
Just make sure you keep in mind that a wbO2 sensor will be sticking out a few inches.

JC, I'll post up on the other boards tonight.... :)

Easter weekend ... no wonder there are no conflicts.
my kids are too young to know when easter really is anyway.... ROTFL!!! ... i'll just have it one of these other weekends ... :thumbsup:

hpbyhermann

Established Member
Edgewater Maryland, New shop in Beltsville Marylan
xtremejc said:
I'm hoping to be able to get everybody done on Saturday and I'm willing to be left off for Sunday just in case some of you don't want to use your Sunday for tuning.

According to Herman, once he has logged your car that weekend, he feels confident that he can adjust your program(s) for future mods at any time. I believe he will not charge extra for adjustments but I will let him answer that !!!

Are you in Zach?

Any muffler shop in town should be able to do the bung for you... I had mine done at Kinney's Muffler shop in Euless I believe but any should be able to do it.
that is correct J.C., i will tweek it later at no charge, unless it is a total combo change from what you have now..like a eaton with a 2.80 pulley to a k-b with big injectors ect....even then i can do it for only 50.00 in the future!! :rockon: hermann

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
Dayum, I didn't realize it was easter weekend! My wife is going to be pissed!
Can my car be one of the early ones tuned Sat. so I can make it home at a decent hour for the wife and kids? Let me know
Thanks
Scott

mustarrosa

Established Member
This is a killer deal and I don't see why you can't use Speedworks as the base and use the road out front (121) for the on road tuning and then have the dyno immedaitely available for those that need or want it.

MTI LS1

I am fine with it being pushed back a week. What are acceptable forms of payment for this? Will a credit card be ok, or is cash/check needed?

MTI LS1

Put me down. I would have to do it early on the 26th or even better the next weekend if that is what we choose. Seems more logical to do it the weekend after Easter.

03blacksnake

Time Traveler
Established Member
Sorry to reply so late. Count me in for either 03/26 or 04/02. I will PM you my specs Hermann.

JC, I am planning on heading up there on Friday evening and getting a room so I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn on Saturday. Do you know of any hotels/motels close to where all the action will be taking place?

Snake40

Established Member
I vote for 4/02 but I am in whenever. I also would be happy to pay to dyno after road tune. I bet most others would also. Let us know.Mike

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member
xtremejc said:
Scott:

We are looking to get started early Saturday the 26th and go for as long as Herman want's to, continuing on Sunday the 27th if needed... We may be able to get together sometime on Saturday afternoon to have dinner and BS some, maybe a cookout at my house. Why don't you drive here the night before, that way you won't need to wake up so early?

JC

i'm 100% in since it is now on saturday/sunday and either weekend is fine w/ me...3/26 or 4/02, but i would prefer 3/26, but that is b/c i want to get my car running since it will be sitting until then :). i'll try to find a place to stay so i don't have to come in early saturday morning. shoot me a PM and we can discuss details. thanks. :beer:

Last edited:

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member
xtremejc said:
We will have a dyno available more than likely for under $40 per person if we choose to go that route but I know that Herman likes to tune on the street rather than on the dyno to assure more accurate load on the vehicle and a better margin of safety on the car.

JC

i would like to check mine on the dyno after he gets done tuning it b/c i would like to see what kind of power i picked up w/ the Stegemeir ported blower and the new tune.

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread