Tuning by HPH in the DFW area... All interested get in here !!!

momo stallion

ta'aj
Established Member
for the guys sweating the dyno numbers, i would give the car some added time for them to react to the chip. i dont know if it makes a difference, but it wouldnt hurt.

Snake40

Established Member
I forgot to say thanks to JC and all the rest of the guys for selling me the plugs and pitching in to get them installed. It sure made the funeral easier to bear knowing my car was being taken care of. Thanks.
JC, did you get the $ you needed for the plugs?
Mike

Snake40

Established Member
I hope everyone that dynos back home will post their #s so we will know if the #s from the tune session are low. Mike

MTI LS1

Snake40 said:
I hope everyone that dynos back home will post their #s so we will know if the #s from the tune session are low. Mike

Same, I'm gonna re-dyno just to see if that dyno was whacked. My car feels stronger than before, and heat soaked it did 456/477. This tune is WAY WAY better thanks to Hermann, and I know that the car will show that at the track not on the dyno. Thanks alot again Hermann, the car feels nuts.

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
momo stallion said:
shhh ;-)

i had a great time and enjoyed meeting all of you. it sucks that it took so long, i was tired as hell and it got late fast. they are a hell of a crew at HPP Racing, i dont know too many other people who would keep the doors open till 3am on a saturday. i give much thanks to manny and ozzie. also to josh, james, and ike from speedworks. also to jc for setting up this opportunity for everyone and special thanks to will for all the help on the damn car.

happy to help

mo

My bad, but its not like people don't know the potential of these cars...or so I think :eek:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Snake40 said:
Speedworks dyno #s are right on, they aren't low imo... the A/F meter reads about a point higher than my wideband, and has for some time, but the actual #s are within 1-2 hp of every other dyno i have been on besides 21st Century Muscle Cars which always dynos about 5-10 less than everyone for some reason. :dw:

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
John and I made the drive home to SA from Dallas in record time today thanks to Hermann's tunes. :banana:
A BIG thanks to JC, the guys at Speedworks/HPP and everyone else for making it a great weekend!
:bowdown: ---> Hermann & James
oh yeah... :beer: :coolman:

I don't think my numbers are low and the A/F sure is purty.

LdynoApr05.jpg

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member
i had a blast...great job setting it up JC! nice to meet you and i hate you for taking me for a ride in your car b/c now i'm going to get a whipple in a few months :beer:

great job Hermann and James!!!! my car runs like a pissed off monkey now. i did not dyno b/c i needed to get back to houston, but i can tell (night and day difference) in the tune...the SOTP feel is ridiculous!

If anyone ever has a chance to get a tune from hermann, i highly recommend it...this guy spend as much time as necessary w/ each car. Great job...your reputation preceeds you.

Big thanks to Speedworks for being so accomodating w/ us :beer:

hpbyhermann

Established Member
Edgewater Maryland, New shop in Beltsville Marylan
the trip was awesome!!

Slept all the way home on the plane ride!! We worked really late and thanks to the speed works and HPP guys who went far beyond to make it a great two days!! :bowdown: All the cars really responded well to the tunes and i think everyone has a new appreciation for what it take to tune on of these cars to run correctly...and not just at WOT which is the easy part!! J.C. and coleman both learned a great deal about what does what when your tuning using SCT stuff and they will be a great help to everyone local who needs a hand! :beer: Most of all it was great meeting everyone in person, and all the smiles after the testdrives made the long hours worthwhile!! :thumbsup: Remember , the cars were setup with stret tunes and none were made to just make dyno #'s...they are all super-safe and drive better than when they were stock! (I heard that ALOT yesterday!) Nobody allowed time for cooldowns after the road tuning and that had a big relationship to your dyno #'s...go dyno on the 1/4 mile dyno and I am sure all will be more than happy!! J.C. my bro, thanks again for making it happen!! See you guys again soon i hope!! hermann :rockon:

coleman

Established Member
Now that xtremejc's car is tuned, I'm sure that we'll be lining up here fairly soon to see whether a 2.3L whipple can hang with a 2.2L oil-spitting KB :)
I'm eager to play -- win or lose.
... right after my FPD is mod'd.

I guess that's why my cars pulls so well in the middle, but not so well up top.

MTI LS1

hpbyhermann said:
Slept all the way home on the plane ride!! We worked really late and thanks to the speed works and HPP guys who went far beyond to make it a great two days!! :bowdown: All the cars really responded well to the tunes and i think everyone has a new appreciation for what it take to tune on of these cars to run correctly...and not just at WOT which is the easy part!! J.C. and coleman both learned a great deal about what does what when your tuning using SCT stuff and they will be a great help to everyone local who needs a hand! :beer: Most of all it was great meeting everyone in person, and all the smiles after the testdrives made the long hours worthwhile!! :thumbsup: Remember , the cars were setup with stret tunes and none were made to just make dyno #'s...they are all super-safe and drive better than when they were stock! (I heard that ALOT yesterday!) Nobody allowed time for cooldowns after the road tuning and that had a big relationship to your dyno #'s...go dyno on the 1/4 mile dyno and I am sure all will be more than happy!! J.C. my bro, thanks again for making it happen!! See you guys again soon i hope!! hermann :rockon:

Thanks alot Hermann, really appreciate all of the hard work. And yes, the car does drive better and is much faster than before. Hopefully I will get out to Ennis or Baytown soon and tear it up. Maybe on JC's ET streets and skinnies.
:burnout:

hpbyhermann

Established Member
Edgewater Maryland, New shop in Beltsville Marylan
yup, you got it coleman!!

coleman said:
Now that xtremejc's car is tuned, I'm sure that we'll be lining up here fairly soon to see whether a 2.3L whipple can hang with a 2.2L oil-spitting KB :)
I'm eager to play -- win or lose.
... right after my FPD is mod'd.

I guess that's why my cars pulls so well in the middle, but not so well up top.
Amazing what accurate datalogging will show you huh bro!! And thanks for the cooler and drinks yesterday coleman!! :bowdown: hermann :thumbsup:

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
A little longer post than usual here but please read through it !!!

WOW, WOW, WOW !!! What a busy weekend for all… and I hope it was as great of a weekend for most as it was for me.

First and foremost, I want to give huge, huge thanks to Hermann and James of Horsepower by Hermann !!! You guys ROCK… For all you folks who have not had a chance to interact with these guys, I highly encourage you to engage them. You will be very satisfied with their work… I was more than impressed with Hermann’s personality and desire to make every car owner happy with his work, and that to me is more valuable than the tune itself.

On a more personal basis, I consider Hermann a very good friend and a terrific all around guy !!! You not only have my respect but also my honest friendship buddy. Please accept an open invite from me to stay here in TX anytime brother. James is a freaking’ hoot to hang out with too… He’s a crazy SOB !!!

We had two very long days but the crew at HBH did a marvelous job in getting everybody’s cars done despite several setbacks with some cars. We got finished at 9:30 PM on Friday and as I understand we were not done until ~ 3:00 AM on Saturday… I can’t believe they want that far to get everybody in !!!

Being a SCT Pro Racer Package owner, I had a tremendous opportunity to learn from one of the best guys out there (Hermann) and he did not disappoint. I learned more in a day and a half from Hermann than I did in a whole year working with the software by myself… Talk about a crash course !!! The knowledge I acquired is invaluable to me…

We learned a bunch from some of the tuned combinations and were stomped by some other combos. A few of the combinations did not yield the dyno numbers some were expecting, but I believe every person tuned was 100% satisfied with how much stronger the cars ran on the street, how good the street manners were, and how safe the A/F ratios were with conservative timing. What else can you ask for??? Dyno’s are decent tuning tools but not always tell the whole story and we certainly saw that this weekend. I personally believe that the dyno we used was a bit off but I’m certainly not a dyno expert. Anyhow, I put very little value on dyno numbers, as I don’t race dynos !!! I believe most of us don’t do that either.

One thing that surely worked for me was the –8 fuel line upgrade and the fuel pump rewire. I had plenty of fuel overhead with stock pumps, BAP, upgraded fuel line/filter, wiring upgrade, 60 lb injectors. With the BAP at only 25%, I only saw 88% Duty cycle max with the Whipple @ 15 psi… I truly believe will support in excess of 650 RWHP with stock pumps and BAP.

I will let the participants post their experience of the tuning session by mine was awesome…

My combo of stock block 03 Cobra, Whipple @ 15 psi, the above described fuel system, SCT MAF, METCO CAI & X10 kit (which ROCKS too – Zero Belt slip !!!), and Hermann’s Magic tuning hand yielded a very good 575 RWHP and 522RWTQ only spinning the car to 6300 RPM and an A/F ratio of no higher than 11.6:1… Driveability is absolutely amazing and the car runs very hard on and off the spray. Unfortunately due to the many cars needing tuning, I didn’t get a chance to dyno on the sauce but stay tuned, I will post numbers on that a little later. All in all, I am very satisfied…

I don’t want this to sound as a butt kissing post for Hermann but the man does know his shit !!!

Big thanks also to the Crew at HPP and Speedworks for all the help in running the dyno and also for the help in doing some of the tweaking on a few of the cars. Many and Ozzie at HPP had no need to let us use their shop all day and night nor had to stay until 3 AM to help us out but they did and that shows how good of a bunch of guys they are. You folks have also earned my respect and future business. You are very much appreciated !!!

tjvineyard

Sandbagger
Established Member
Guys -

Fortunately, it looks like the video turned out pretty good (should be able to see the dyno graphs).

Unfortunately, I was the one that finished up and left at 3:30a. I went home, slept a few hours, and then drove to Austin, packed and drove to Victoria. I could not track down a firewire adapter for my laptop before I left so no videos until I get back at the end of the week.

JC - I think it was your clutch and not the tires. I did not seem to have a slipping problem when I laid down 600... :poke:

TJ

Last edited:

tjvineyard

Sandbagger
Established Member
For those that are sweating the numbers, remember that those graphs are SAE. It is not a HUGE difference, but everyone loves to post STD numbers because they are 2-4% higher. That does not SOUND like a lot, but at 400 HP, that becomes 16 ponies real quickly...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73288

Coleman - My car was heat soaked so I did not get to go on the dyno with a nice cool car like JC did... :poke: But I did have the advantage of nice cool 3a air... I will get the graphs up when I get back.

Hermann just wanted to make sure I could outrun the coyotes, right Hermann? :eek:

TJ

BruntzySVT

Established Member
HEY JC, I just personally want to thank you and hermann for doing my car first saturday morning. That ment alot to me, if i was with your right now id give u a hug but im not so my word is just as good haha! Haha Instead of paying for a datalog with hermann i should have dynod first lol! Would have saved money! Car was dead on all along! Cant thank you enough hermann, now gimme my HBH stickers! Also hermann you owe me 2 dollars lol! JK....

450rwhp 483rwtq
11.3a/f @ 6k 10.8 @ redline! NICE! Now just gotta fix my clutch...

Hey whoever was videotaping, i forgot what your name was but when we going to get a video of the dynos? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread