Tuning by HPH in the DFW area... All interested get in here !!!

momo stallion

ta'aj
Established Member
drkchk03svt said:
JC,

You and I are not going to be able to tune my car tonight like we discussed. I have not heard from Herman yet or recieved my file. I am sure he is really busy today after being gone all weekend. I will let you know when I do though!

hey will, if you get a hold of herman please see if he can send the data log files for that old man with the p1sc gt "eleanor"

Russyo

Established Member
Hey fellas,

as we all know we had a great time up at Speedworks and the guys there are champs. Also I believe that the dyno was pretty on, because it called me out like no other!! Telling me I put down only 340hp, OUCH!!! Anyways, Im getting my exhaust worked on, well Im working on it right now. Does anyone know how to get the stud out of the bottom of the header on the right side?!!! :cuss: I tell you its the hardest thing in the world. I've tried everything, well except this one thing, but I cant find the special tool to do it with. The mechanic that I know with the tool is on vacation, how agervating is that. Anyways, Ill try to make it out to Ennis this friday, but I wont run, it just doesnt work for me at Ennis with no slicks. I get pretty embarassed when gt's are keeping up with my Vorteched Cobra, with 10spi I just cant seem to grip even with brand new tires. My dyno was pretty low, do to the fact that my boost has to build like a turbo, so punching the gas from 2500 in 4th, is like swallowing a gallon of milk while sprinting the 40 yard dash. Anyways, hope to meet more of you guys on friday night, and my Cobra is for sale if you know anyone who is interested!!

Also, JC, can you give me more information about the chip that I have in my car, I cant remember what it is, but you said you used to have one, and that you still had the programmer and junk for it, I think! If you do then I would like to talk with you about it and what I can do with it, changes maybe?? Anyways, guys again, HERMAN, JC, and all who were involved, thanks again!!

Russyo
see yall friday night!

Last edited:

mustarrosa

Established Member
I know everyone out there is real happy and glad that Hermann came down and got a good response to the number of people that showed and the tune responses too. I just want to chime in and also give Speedworks some of the accolades and praise about staying beyond the "average" shop to run their dyno.. I don't know of many other shops that would go this far ( they stayed till 3am), especially since there was no other monetary gain.....AS far as I know they only charged a per person amount and that was also an agreed group cut rate...What a deal..and can't say good things enough about Speedworks ...and thanks Hermann for coming!

hpbyhermann

Established Member
Edgewater Maryland, New shop in Beltsville Marylan
I agree!!! Manny from HPP and everyone@ Speedworks rock!!

mustarrosa said:
I know everyone out there is real happy and glad that Hermann came down and got a good response to the number of people that showed and the tune responses too. I just want to chime in and also give Speedworks some of the accolades and praise about staying beyond the "average" shop to run their dyno.. I don't know of many other shops that would go this far ( they stayed till 3am), especially since there was no other monetary gain.....AS far as I know they only charged a per person amount and that was also an agreed group cut rate...What a deal..and can't say good things enough about Speedworks ...and thanks Hermann for coming!
You guys are awesome....glad we got to meet up!! Best of luck with the new partnership between HPP and Josh @ Speed Works!! :bowdown: I just got to the airport with little time to spare!! :eek: :lol: I will send the logs tomorrow guys, my gear is at work....hermann :beer:

Last edited:

tjvineyard

Sandbagger
Established Member
BruntzySVT said:
are we going to get Video of the dyno, i remember that guy video taping it!

It will be the end of the week before I can get them up. No fire wire on the laptop and I am out of town again. Soon though...

Anyone know a good place to host vids?

TJ

tjvineyard

Sandbagger
Established Member
At 13 psi:

784339_41_full.jpg

And at 17 psi:

784339_40_full.jpg

You gotta love those torque "curves."

Nobody has an idea about where to host vids?

TJ

coleman

Established Member
great racerat!
that's one fast truck!

but i'll bet it just irritates you no end that you were *that* close to 12s ... lol

coleman

Established Member
It won't be this Friday, but I'll be heading out to Redline and/or Denton here shortly to improve my 1/8-mile times before I head back to Ennis to get one to two passes over a six hour span...

momo stallion

ta'aj
Established Member
coleman said:
It won't be this Friday, but I'll be heading out to Redline and/or Denton here shortly to improve my 1/8-mile times before I head back to Ennis to get one to two passes over a six hour span...

i went march 18th there werent many people. i could have run way more, but i take it easy on the car... as far as hotlapping anyway.

coleman

Established Member
i guess my mistake was going on opening night for the season!
i only got in two passes ... gates opened, 90 mins waiting for tech, 30 mins at starting line, two passes, only ambulance had to leave so shutdown for 2 hours, etc...

momo stallion

ta'aj
Established Member
coleman said:
i only got in two passes ... gates opened, 90 mins waiting for tech, 30 mins at starting line, two passes, only ambulance had to leave so shutdown for 2 hours, etc...

yea, way to early in the season, near the end of the season, ultimate street nights... i will stay away.

03CobraFreak

Established Member
coleman said:

Coleman, let me know when you go to Denton and I will meet you there :burnout:

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread