Tuning by HPH in the DFW area... All interested get in here !!!

drkchk03svt

Established Member
tjvineyard said:
I want to dyno as well. I do not need a "before" but I want to dyno, swap pulleys, and run once more...

TJ

P.S. Mike - From other SVT posts below. I cannot vouch that any of these guys know what they are doing, but some of it looks good. I highlighted what I THINK is the best advice and the way I would try it (doing it from above with a pipe on a breaker bar).

"Getting the factory crank pulley bolt loose has been a challenge to some of us. It's really on there snug and requires a special socket which both the LFP and Metco kits come with. Most of the fellas go with a 3+ foot pipe on a high-quality breaker bar to get it loose."

"Get a buddy or 2 to help with an extension like IronTerp says. You'll get it off. Remember it is left handed thread on the stock pulley."

"The only way I got me lower crank pulley bolt off was to use a floor jack, placing the handle of the wrench in it and literally almost lifting the car up before it broke loose! Had to put car in 6th gear too. I had read this tip before and I highly recommend it for anyone installing a lower pulley set up. I rounded off the 14mm part included in the kit. Ran the Metco Tool guy down and bought a 14mm socket that worked. Just some info I wanted to share."

"Agree, put the car in sixth gear, have someone in the car with the brakes on, get a 4 foot pipe and slide it over a quality breaker bar, lift your hood perpendicular to the ground and secure with a bungy cord, and push from drivers side to passenger side from the top of the engine bay and it should pop that sucker.........The pipe is the key IMO."

"I used a stubby ratchet and my hands..."

Also put the car in 6th gear.

drkchk03svt

Established Member
As for the dyno.... everyone wanting to know about pricing.

Thanks to Josh at Speedworks we got a great price of $350.00 for the entire day.

You can do the math. If all 12 people dyno it will be $29.16 a piece. If some fellow mustang owners show up and want to dyno after we are done or when it is not being used it will bring the price down that much more.

Bingo13

Established Member
drkchk03svt said:
Where are you at now?

Last I heard he was in Houston. :p

Actually when I had the car it was around 470/500 range, kind of hard to compare dyno numbers since the ones here in the D/FW area seem to give better numbers than the Houston shops. Of course that could be since most of the shops around here cater to the Chevy guys who need all the help they can get. :D

Snake40

Established Member
Pulley is on, waiting on the correct belt :banana: . By the way, bolt stripped
had to grind it off :whine: , but its in the past. Mike

drkchk03svt

Established Member
I went to swap upper pulleys again last night on my car and a friends and I borrowed a pulley puller from Speedworks because I cant find mine and one of the pieces was the wrong piece. So I could not swap pulleys! Oh well. Hopefully I can find one before this weekend. :bash:

tjvineyard

Sandbagger
Established Member
Anyone know a place in Dallas I might be able to score a Goodyear 4080765 belt? I cannot locate one in Austin...

TJ

MTI LS1

tjvineyard said:
Anyone know a place in Dallas I might be able to score a Goodyear 4080765 belt? I cannot locate one in Austin...

TJ

There has to be, just call around. Is that a Gatorback belt? If so, I know that Autozone right down the street from me carries most of them.

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
I have the following belts available if somebody wants to make me an offer for them:

2 Motorcraft 8 rib 62" Long

1 Gates 080797

1 Gatorback 080685

1 Gates 080785

All belts are in really good shape...

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Ready to go folks !!!

We are ready to go for tomorrow and Saturday's tuning session with Herman... :beer:

I just got off the phone with Herman and he wanted to remind all chip users to remove the kickpanel covers from your cars and make sure the computer is accessible. That will speed up the tuning process...

Also please make sure that your car is in good running condition and ready to go...

Tracy, I'm hoping we can get together sometime mid afternoon so that we can go and get the O2 sensor bung welded on your truck. We need to get the pulley installed too... Call me to arrange this...

To the folks tuning on Friday. I will personaly call you early in the afternoon to let you know where to meet us for tuning (more than likely at Speedworks).

Coleman, 03CobraFreak, BruntzySVT, BigZach please be ready to go after 12PM tomorrow...

JC

Last edited:

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
I'll be hittin the road at about 4 am on Saturday mornin :eek:
This has been the longest week of my life...
I can not wait to git-ur-done
:rockon:
I hope everyone has a safe trip.

-Scott

Users who are viewing this thread