Tune only 2017 AMG E63 S

csc427

Established Member
I’m assuming a tune voids the powertrain warranty on that car? I wouldn’t want to be the unlucky bastard that blows one of those up, has to be pricey to fix out of pocket :eek:
I have a c63s amg coupe edition 1. My local dealer put a renntech tune and BMC filter on my car when I purchased it. All factory warranty retained. But that’s the only company they deal with. Night and day difference in the car.

GotGrunt

Established Member
I have a c63s amg coupe edition 1. My local dealer put a renntech tune and BMC filter on my car when I purchased it. All factory warranty retained. But that’s the only company they deal with. Night and day difference in the car.

There are always mod friendly dealers out there who will add performance parts for their customer. There's usually no issues as long as you bring the car back to them for warranty work. Due to the cost of this engine though, I'm sure MB will send out a warranty rep to look the car over in the event of a catastrophic failure. I can't see the dealer taking a hit like that or being able to override MB procedure.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I was saying the same thing to myself.
71k?!?!?! Really? For an engine in a car that cost 90K?!? Doesn't make sense. Maybe that includes the labor, the import tax and the sending of person(s) from Germany to do the replacement?

MB is very proud of their engines, all of them You'll spend $20K on an E350 engine replacement. I had my parts guy look up an 18 E63s engine, no pricing availability yet. But based on what I typically see, I'd ballpark $80K plus labor.

It isn't. MB the manufacturer is not going to warranty drivetrain on a car that has a Renntech tune. A client of mine found that out the hard way. He had a 14 S63. He put a renntech tune in it. Engine developed a cam issue, timing. MB asked for logs. Warranty voided.

There are always mod friendly dealers out there who will add performance parts for their customer. There's usually no issues as long as you bring the car back to them for warranty work. Due to the cost of this engine though, I'm sure MB will send out a warranty rep to look the car over in the event of a catastrophic failure. I can't see the dealer taking a hit like that or being able to override MB procedure.

MB requires electronic log on every warranty repairs. There's no way they can get something pressed through unless the dealership itself is eating the repairs.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
oh their no joke! the first time I took his out I was like Holy Shit this things fast! it was as fast as my Grand National and I had EVERYTHING done to that lol and he had a pulley, alky kit and several other mods can't remember but it was wicked!

I remember back in 2003-04 when a certain E55 with drag radials was racing and beating Terminators from a dig... it was pretty entertaining on here.

blk02edge

Established Member
I sure hope you have that in writing that your dealer will cover the costs... lol

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Hahahahahaha :eek:

I believe this is how it goes down at the dealership.

vandersexxx.gif

giphy.gif

ThirdSecondHornshark-small.gif

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Mine listed for $123,000 or $132,000. I forget what exactly but I agree there's no reason for the engine to cost 1/2 the car.
Wow, that's big bucks!! I guess it depends on how it's all optioned out. Must be a really nice ride.
I was referring to the guy in the video. He said his car about 88-90K.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
MB is very proud of their engines, all of them You'll spend $20K on an E350 engine replacement. I had my parts guy look up an 18 E63s engine, no pricing availability yet. But based on what I typically see, I'd ballpark $80K plus labor.
80K,...............PLUS labor?!?!?
:eek: :confused: o_O

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Yep. That is one of the reasons why the values fall so much after warranty. If something happens you better have money put aside.

Only way I'd ever buy an MB, Audi would be lower miles CPO car and I wouldn't touch it. I know there are a few exceptions, the old E55 seems to be a fairly solid car, but I wouldn't play roulette with late model car sans warranty.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Only way I'd ever buy an MB, Audi would be lower miles CPO car and I wouldn't touch it. I know there are a few exceptions, the old E55 seems to be a fairly solid car, but I wouldn't play roulette with late model car sans warranty.

The MB cpo is hard to beat. I've purchased two e classes in the last year. The first was an 06 e350 with 150k miles for $3500. I sold it for $5k to one of my techs. The latest is a 13 e350 with 105k miles for $9800. I plan on keeping it a year or so and selling it fir around $15k. Both bought new and religiously maintained at the dealership. Hard to go wrong with a base e.

cc16cdf03d6e1b30bf5a04fef7094fd9.jpg

1501d77f4b56f617ad8eeea44000650e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Doesnt it trap 126 stock.... but runs 126 mph tuned?

I’m guessing it will be 130+ tuned. The Audi’s usually trap 122-125 stock, and can go as high as 136mph with just a tune and good gas.

Users who are viewing this thread