Tune only 2017 AMG E63 S

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
I LOVE HELLCATS. Will probably get one next. It's annoying though to hear Hellcat owners say things like that all the time, because in reality on the street Hellcats get their asses whipped by bus lengths.
I know this first hand. I had a tune and filters 2016 E63 S and you could leave at 4,000 rpm on almost any road surface and it would just hook and book. I never had a Hellcat stay anywhere close... ever.
This new E63 will also out brake, handle and out grip a Hellcat while giving you a simulated hot stone back massage.
I will agree that there is far more room to mod a HC though.

Sorry man, I have a full library of stock and modded Hellcats putting train lengths on cars.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Might as well find away to total the car in that event... @black99lightnin can problem chime in as to the cost for an out of warranty e63 AMG motor.

I'll check tomorrow. But I'm thinking around 80-90. And mb has no problem voiding warranties on nodded cxars.
I LOVE HELLCATS. Will probably get one next. It's annoying though to hear Hellcat owners say things like that all the time, because in reality on the street Hellcats get their asses whipped by bus lengths.
I know this first hand. I had a tune and filters 2016 E63 S and you could leave at 4,000 rpm on almost any road surface and it would just hook and book. I never had a Hellcat stay anywhere close... ever.
This new E63 will also out brake, handle and out grip a Hellcat while giving you a simulated hot stone back massage.

Lighten up Francis it was in jest.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I'm sure many HCs could beat many E63 cars, but I would hope stock vs stock the E63 wins considering the cost of one is astronomically more than a HC!

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
these cars are impressive. definitely on my radar if/when I part ways with my audi. rs7's have gone 10.6 @ 135 with only a tune for a few years now. I think once this car gets the tune completely sorted out, with race gas, downpipes, and stickier tires, 9's could be achievable. the audis are getting close with just those mods. in terms of the hellcat argument, I haven't put my audi side-by-side with the hellcat, as I just bought the dodge. I have no doubt the audi would destroy it on the street--even with drag radials on an unprepped street. the audi on 93 octane tune pulls so hard, it almost seems like the wheels are going to go airborn. from a roll, I'd bet the hellcat could walk away. these twin turbo sedans are routinely trapping over 130mph with a tune, so they are no slouch from a roll either.

in terms of engine replacement--you have to pay to play. knock on wood--I don't know that I've heard of a single catastrophic engine failure on audizine from a tuned car. if the engine grenades, I would take the car to an audi racing shop, and have the engine rebuilt. at the end of the day, we are not talking about the engine exploding into a million pieces. we are talking about a crankshaft, connecting rods, pistons, head-work, and a block, if you're unlucky.

R1Lello

Established Member

Nice honest reply......and true

GotGrunt

Established Member
in terms of engine replacement--you have to pay to play. knock on wood--I don't know that I've heard of a single catastrophic engine failure on audizine from a tuned car. if the engine grenades, I would take the car to an audi racing shop, and have the engine rebuilt. at the end of the day, we are not talking about the engine exploding into a million pieces. we are talking about a crankshaft, connecting rods, pistons, head-work, and a block, if you're unlucky.

That’s quite a hefty fee to pay though, IMO not worth the risk. This seems like a car to abuse in stock form and get rid of when the warranty runs out. Perfect lease candidate.

FWIW, sometimes they do explode into a million pieces without much left to salvage, ie. LS7.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
So it cost more for the engine replacement in an E63S than to buy a Hellcat?
I was saying the same thing to myself.
71k?!?!?! Really? For an engine in a car that cost 90K?!? Doesn't make sense. Maybe that includes the labor, the import tax and the sending of person(s) from Germany to do the replacement?

Users who are viewing this thread