Tune only 2017 AMG E63 S

TERMN8U

Established Member
This is an insane car. It will even pull 1.01g in the corners. This is an early version stage I. With time these things will be even nastier!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, that is pretty impressive for a 4 door sedan with just a tune.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Test drove one. Doesn’t have the super luxury of the S63 but this thing was wicked. Had a great rumble. Very impressive.

GotGrunt

Established Member
I’m assuming a tune voids the powertrain warranty on that car? I wouldn’t want to be the unlucky bastard that blows one of those up, has to be pricey to fix out of pocket :eek:

Last edited:

TERMN8U

Established Member
Almost as fast as a dr only hellcat. But weistec does impressive work. Friend has s supercharged cls 63

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I LOVE HELLCATS. Will probably get one next. It's annoying though to hear Hellcat owners say things like that all the time, because in reality on the street Hellcats get their asses whipped by bus lengths.
I know this first hand. I had a tune and filters 2016 E63 S and you could leave at 4,000 rpm on almost any road surface and it would just hook and book. I never had a Hellcat stay anywhere close... ever.
This new E63 will also out brake, handle and out grip a Hellcat while giving you a simulated hot stone back massage.
I will agree that there is far more room to mod a HC though.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Test drove both. Hellcat Charger was nicer than I thought it was going to be but you could tell the E63S would smash it in a race. Of course, depending on options, the E63S is $60,000 more than a Hellcat.

Still, would buy the E63S all day. It was that impressive.

GotGrunt

Established Member
I LOVE HELLCATS. Will probably get one next. It's annoying though to hear Hellcat owners say things like that all the time, because in reality on the street Hellcats get their asses whipped by bus lengths.
I know this first hand. I had a tune and filters 2016 E63 S and you could leave at 4,000 rpm on almost any road surface and it would just hook and book. I never had a Hellcat stay anywhere close... ever.
This new E63 will also out brake, handle and out grip a Hellcat while giving you a simulated hot stone back massage.
I will agree that there is far more room to mod a HC though.

That’s the beauty of AWD from a dead stop. From a roll though........

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I’m assuming a tune voids the powertrain warranty on that car? I wouldn’t want to be the unlucky bastard that blows one of those up, has to be pricey to fix out of pocket :eek:
Let's say you hydrolock the motor out of warranty, get ready to cough up Many 10's of thousands $$$

TERMN8U

Established Member
Let's say you hydrolock the motor out of warranty, get ready to cough up Many 10's of thousands $$$

The day I went to get my tune I stopped by the dealer and spoke to my assigned mechanic. I asked him what he thought about putting a tune on the car. He said you can do whatever you want but they rejected a warranty claim on a guy to do his and it was $57,000 for a new engine and all of the related cost. I almost shit...... then I went and got I tuned.
Speed.. it's a powerful drug!

Whippled3v

Established Member
Love these cars. I had a CLS55 with just a tune that surprised a lot of cars for a 10 year old 4 door! Hit 191 mph very smoothly and it would’ve done every bit of 200.

Can’t wait to pick up a Biturbo model in a couple years once depreciation puts them in budget.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The day I went to get my tune I stopped by the dealer and spoke to my assigned mechanic. I asked him what he thought about putting a tune on the car. He said you can do whatever you want but they rejected a warranty claim on a guy to do his and it was $57,000 for a new engine and all of the related cost. I almost shit...... then I went and got I tuned.
Speed.. it's a powerful drug!
HA HAAAAAAAAAA
My man!

Users who are viewing this thread