Trophy truck racing on asphalt

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve NEVER seen that before.

Watched the entire video and holy shit does that look like a whooooole lot of fun.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes! Love these races. I thought they actually got banned a year or two ago though?

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Stadium super trucks, Robbie Gordon’s deal to extend the old Mickey Thompson stadium racing from the 80s. Trucks are modular built with gm crate engines at 650hp I think. You can wad one up and they can unbolt and replace the destroyed section. Not sure what happened to them since 2018. I would daily drive one of those trucks in a heartbeat

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I love watching Super Trucks race. And great to see Robby Gordon racing. I remember him well in Nascar. That was a great race from start to finish.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I've been watching these races. I'm really starting to wonder if the Australians are actually more American than Americans. lol
That race was just as exciting! Aussies really know how to put on an exciting race venue!

03'Darin

Established Member
I've been watching this truck series for a few years. They post all of the races on youtube.

Very entertaining!!

The trucks have a rear hand brake like rally cars use that allows them to pull more rear brake.

I've been road racing now for almost 27 years. I'd LOVE to try this series. Just don't have the funding. lol

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I love watching Super Trucks race. And great to see Robby Gordon racing. I remember him well in Nascar. That was a great race from start to finish.

I grew up watching him in the Mickey Thompson races with his dad, and then in desert racing. Unfortunately he wasn’t as strong at nascar. He was known as the prodigal son for off-road racing. It was awesome to see his shop in North Carolina where they were building the stadium super trucks
IMG_0944.JPG
IMG_0945.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread