Traded a shelby for this 04 sy conv

time capsule

Established Member
I traded my 07 Shelby GT500 for this SY conv. 9k miles with exhaust. I just lowered it and here is a picture or two. I was in the hunt for a hard top but this will do just fine.

039_zpsd77f3f9f.jpg

040_zps76df7d97.jpg

041_zps95c60844.jpg

dom418

Established Member
Congrats on the Terminator. I always hear about guys going from the Shelby and "downgrading" to the Cobra. I think you will be more than happy with the 04. Is this your first?

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Classy Sir, very nice decision in my opinion.

9k miles too! Is this going to be a sunday driver or a daily for you?

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
nice looking car. I did the same thing last month. Replaced my 08 GT500 with a Terminator.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Clean looks good but why I love my terminator don't get me wrong but why do people switch from the GT500 to the terminator? Financial reasons? JW

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Clean looks good but why I love my terminator don't get me wrong but why do people switch from the GT500 to the terminator? Financial reasons? JW

I switched for a couple of reasons. Main reason was that I missed the rawness of my old 04 cobra. The Shelby made right at 600rwhp but was not near as fun to drive. The terminators have more of a muscle car feel to them. I guess you just have to experience both cars to understand. Only thing I liked better about the Shelby was the interior. Another reason is that these cars are my third vehicle so not daily driven. Having a $20k car versus a $40k car sitting in the garage just makes more sense to me. Especially when it doesn't get driven at all in the winter time. It's hard to get more for your dollar than with a terminator. All comes down to the individual in the end.

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Given the choice to buy either a Shelby or a Terminator it would be a Terminator without hesitation. I think it's going to be a long time, if ever that Ford will make a Mustang more appealing to me than the 03/04 Cobra. The S550 is no exception. I don't think no other Mustang has quite the following that the Terminators has. Want proof? Just look at the participation level of this portal compared to all the others on SVTP..............not even "close"!

:rockon:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I switched for a couple of reasons. Main reason was that I missed the rawness of my old 04 cobra. The Shelby made right at 600rwhp but was not near as fun to drive. The Terminators have more of a muscle car feel to them. I guess you just have to experience both cars to understand. Only thing I liked better about the Shelby was the interior. Another reason is that these cars are my third vehicle so not daily driven. Having a $20k car versus a $40k car sitting in the garage just makes more sense to me. Especially when it doesn't get driven at all in the winter time. It's hard to get more for your dollar than with a Terminator. All comes down to the individual in the end.

You described the difference perfectly. It is very similar to comparing a C6 Z06 and a Terminator. I well remember when I drove my son-in-law's 2006 Z06. My '03 Cobra and his Z06 made near the same power. I was surprised at how smoothly the Vette put down the power. It was silky smooth. My Cobra, on the other hand, was brutal. Like a big hammer slamming down. No silkiness at all to the power/torque delivery. Just a big slap. That one test ride in his Z06 made me appreciate how much more fun the Terminator is to drive. So I can well understand why there are those who move from a 2007-2009 GT-500 to a Terminator. :rockon:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I switched for a couple of reasons. Main reason was that I missed the rawness of my old 04 cobra. The Shelby made right at 600rwhp but was not near as fun to drive. The terminators have more of a muscle car feel to them. I guess you just have to experience both cars to understand. Only thing I liked better about the Shelby was the interior. Another reason is that these cars are my third vehicle so not daily driven. Having a $20k car versus a $40k car sitting in the garage just makes more sense to me. Especially when it doesn't get driven at all in the winter time. It's hard to get more for your dollar than with a terminator. All comes down to the individual in the end.

Makes sense congrats

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Given the choice to buy either a Shelby or a Terminator it would be a Terminator without hesitation. I think it's going to be a long time, if ever that Ford will make a Mustang more appealing to me than the 03/04 Cobra. The S550 is no exception. I don't think no other Mustang has quite the following that the Terminators has. Want proof? Just look at the participation level of this portal compared to all the others on SVTP..............not even "close"!

I own and love both, but to be fair about the level of participation on the forum... The Terminators have one main place to hang out and chat and this is it. The GT500 guys have 2 different sections here and the one I spend my most time on over on fordgt500.com.

quad

Established Member
I know of another SVTP member who recently went from a C6 Z06 back to a Terminator for the raw feel. And it is a lot less expensive to modify.

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member

this man speaks the truth

Users who are viewing this thread