Traded a shelby for this 04 sy conv

SlowSVT

Established Member
I own and love both, but to be fair about the level of participation on the forum... The Terminators have one main place to hang out and chat and this is it. The GT500 guys have 2 different sections here and the one I spend my most time on over on fordgt500.com.

When you consider the Terminator was only built for 2 years compared to the 7 year Shelby production run, built in rather limited numbers and has been out of production for 10 years yet it usually has more traffic then both GT500 sites combined puts things in perspective.

Not taking away anything from the Shelby. It's "more" of EVERYTHING!

Tractionless1

Established Member
IMO the Cobra stands out more from the other models of Mustangs in the same year than the GT500's. Note: I haven't seen any V6 or GT owners installing GT500 hoods, bumpers, etc. like those do with the SN197 body style.

aarons04cobra

Established Member
Nice upgrade! If I had to choose terminator or gt500, the cobra would win every time. Nothing beats the feeling of WOT in a cobra.

Jefe

Established Member
Congrats!! What were you looking to spend on a coupe? Not that I would ever sell mine but...

nice looking car. I did the same thing last month. Replaced my 08 GT500 with a Terminator.
:rockon: welcome back

The terminators have more of a muscle car feel to them. I guess you just have to experience both cars to understand.
Exactly. Drove an 07 GT500 with 130rwhp more than my 04 and mine "felt faster." Throttle by wire and all the jazz just makes them too smooth.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
When you consider the Terminator was only built for 2 years compared to the 7 year Shelby production run, built in rather limited numbers and has been out of production for 10 years yet it usually has more traffic then both GT500 sites combined puts things in perspective.

Good point! :)

dom418

Established Member

I believe it was an 8 year production run 07-14. Anyway to be fair it wasn't 8 years of the same exact Shelby. They made changes every few years.

I do find it interesting that some Shelby owners love their car for how "raw" it feels. It's all perspective I guess because compared to my 04' the Shelby is very refined with all it's do dads and suspension settings.

Users who are viewing this thread