traction with a 1000hp?

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
I know how advantageous an auto is over a 6 speed, but damn.... I just love slamming through the gears, definitely very enjoyable. I love listening to the BOV's venting between gear changes too :)

jcveron

Established Member
i know how advantageous an auto is over a 6 speed, but damn.... I just love slamming through the gears, definitely very enjoyable. I love listening to the bov's venting between gear changes too :)

and do you think your car can get to be over 1000hp? What are your trap speeds...are you able to walk liter bikes and busas yet?

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
My car makes 1400+ wheel and by using the AMS 1000 I can start out at 60mph with 15lbs and ramp it all the way to 30lbs in 3-5 seconds with my little 275 radials and not spin at all. It's all about power management, lets say I leave the boost at 25-30lbs and start at 90mph it will destroy the tires but it sure is fun! You need to apply the power smooth and equally or it will upset the balance of the car and spin the tires.

Here is a link to my 8.40 pass, listen to the motor pull slowly at the launch and then you can hear the power ramp up within 3 seconds, it's the same on the street you just have to be more gentle with the power.
YouTube - Twin Turbo 93 Cobra 8.40@170 Incar (unedited)

Here is another roll race that I did a couple years back while I was on 275/40/17 Mickeys, the car I was racing was an evo MR with at GT42R and made over 900 wheel and I just walked away from him with no wheel spin at all, like I said it's all about the boost controller and power management.
YouTube - South Side Performance GT42R Evo vs. Twin 76mm Mustang

That is soo badass :rockon:

MEAN_SBC

Established Member
4r70w or go home.

You crazy.. Lol. Turbo cars like tall gears.. 3.27 gears and a full manual th400 with a brake makes for loads of fun...LOL.. I don't understand why any turbo car would run a 6 speed. 3 speed in a cobra a waste?? Yep.. It'll waste a lotta 6 speed cobras on the street...

My daily driver is an 03 cobra with twin 61's, reverse manual th400, and SRA with 3.27's. I love driving it. It never feels like a waste when it easily walks on what's beside it... I'm having a blast with it, and I haven't even had it a week yet... LOL

RussZTT

Established Member
You crazy.. Lol. Turbo cars like tall gears.. 3.27 gears and a full manual th400 with a brake makes for loads of fun...LOL.. I don't understand why any turbo car would run a 6 speed. 3 speed in a cobra a waste?? Yep.. It'll waste a lotta 6 speed cobras on the street...

My daily driver is an 03 cobra with twin 61's, reverse manual th400, and SRA with 3.27's. I love driving it. It never feels like a waste when it easily walks on what's beside it... I'm having a blast with it, and I haven't even had it a week yet... LOL
I have thought about doing this with my 03 twin 61 Cobra but damn 6 speeds are so much fun. Just afraid of taking the fun out of the car. It's my daily and I don't want to turn it into a race car if you know what I mean.

jcveron

Established Member
I have thought about doing this with my 03 twin 61 Cobra but damn 6 speeds are so much fun. Just afraid of taking the fun out of the car. It's my daily and I don't want to turn it into a race car if you know what I mean.

so what does your tt cobra with a 6 speed put down number and track wise

MEAN_SBC

Established Member

This might change your mind... Mine has been bottom 9's with the TH400. Pass after pass, nothing breaks.

jcveron

Established Member
how much hp do you have? will the 6 speed hold up on the street with say 1000hp? that i my concearn. i dont really go to the track much. i will on occasion but mostly street use and hopefully walking bikes!!!

Users who are viewing this thread