Torco accelerator questions.

4VFTW

Established Member
I wanted to run E85 but there are 2 stations in the entire county and they are as far away from my house/work as you can be and still be in the county. I have 2 cans of torco in the garage instead.

I would get about 8mpg with E85 also...lol

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
with torco my car started to idle like shit. changed plugs and filled with normal 91 pump gas and it idled way better. this is with about 4 months of me running 1/4-1/2 can per tank (was worried about crap gas on post where there is only 1 place to get gas). with E85..... no problem lol. i now have 1 bottle of torco left over and im sure il just use it on a lawnmower or something.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I wanted to run E85 but there are 2 stations in the entire county and they are as far away from my house/work as you can be and still be in the county. I have 2 cans of torco in the garage instead.

I would get about 8mpg with E85 also...lol

i was getting like 10mpg on e85 when i had it n/a. i love the smell too.
what part of south florida do you live at? we have quite a few e85 stations here in miami.

stang8psi

Established Member
yeah i am kind of tempted to get pistons and rods right now but i want to do everything at once. my dad is ready to tear into the motor and build the bottom end. i am not 100% sure if i want the entire rotating assembly or pistons and rods only. i think i would have less downtime with a balanced rotating assembly. but i could save some cash reusing the stock crank. my only fear right now is to window the block and damage a head if a connection rod fails because that would cost alot more than just pistons and rods lol

Save some money and buy the rotating assembly with an already balanced crank. It will defiantly save you some down time and will ready to be installed once your block gets a light hone/bore job (.003 min to keep stock bore size piston)

grnenvy

Established Member
yo

Hey budy
I tried the Pal years ago and it's a PITA they need to make it easier to pour.
Trying to fill those small diameter cans suck and I think I wasted more on the floor then it was worth. Plus breathing it in and getting it all over you can't be good.
Hmm I'm not real sure but once the pal is opened how long is the shelf life is.
Down here in Fl moisture is a problem and that may affect the concentration.
If u find a better way to save $$ let me know.

I run it too. Its cheap at $114 shipped for a 6pack and even less when you purchase the pail. I have been keeping the cans from my 6pack to re-use when I go to the pail.

I don't put too many miles on my car (1600 since April), so I don't worry much about the cost. The extra zing from a Torco tune is worth it.

Last edited:

4VFTW

Established Member
i was getting like 10mpg on e85 when i had it n/a. i love the smell too.
what part of south florida do you live at? we have quite a few e85 stations here in miami.
yeah bro Miami is corn city , lauderdale is good too , but for some reason palm beach has 2 stations...one at the lake worth turnpike service plaza and one on glades and federal in Boca...both stations are 10mi from my house:nonono::bs: and they dont seem to be interested in putting in any more pumps down here.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Trying to fill those small diameter cans suck and I think I wasted more on the floor then it was worth. Plus breathing it in and getting it all over you can't be good.
Hmm I'm not real sure but once the pal is opened how long is the shelf life is.

Good points. I did the pail years ago and it was a PITA, but I dealt with it to save $5 per can. Now though, I go back and forth on it. Those cans sure are convenient.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
yeah bro Miami is corn city , lauderdale is good too , but for some reason palm beach has 2 stations...one at the lake worth turnpike service plaza and one on glades and federal in Boca...both stations are 10mi from my house:nonono::bs: and they dont seem to be interested in putting in any more pumps down here.

That sucks that you don't have e85 in west palm. I will be going to the track 3 weeks. I was going to go last week but I was dataloging the new tune so I coukdnt make it.the weather has also been crappy lately.

2012csgt

Established Member
That sucks that you don't have e85 in west palm. I will be going to the track 3 weeks. I was going to go last week but I was dataloging the new tune so I coukdnt make it.the weather has also been crappy lately.

Monolith, let me know when your going. I just ordered ID1000s and getiing a dyno tune by Ken B hopefully next week. I'll definitely go with you. Should be fun .

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Monolith, let me know when your going. I just ordered ID1000s and getiing a dyno tune by Ken B hopefully next week. I'll definitely go with you. Should be fun .

I will pm you for sure. This will be the last time I go with 4.10. Looking to get a good 10 second slip before I go down to a 3.31 gear.

scotmach

Established Member
I used it on my Mach 1 that made over 25 lbs. of boost. Never had a problem but you do need to change plugs more often and the valves will turn a burnt orange as well. FYI I mixed 32 oz. of Torco with 5 gallons of 93 and it got me to 99 octane and that's the best you're going to get. This was what it came out to in testing.

4VFTW

Established Member

I will pm you for sure. This will be the last time I go with 4.10. Looking to get a good 10 second slip before I go down to a 3.31 gear.
PM me too ladies ... should be able to have some sticky tires by then and i'll be ready for some passes too

4VFTW

Established Member
Well do. How's that 4c treating ya? Is the drivability good? Might be getting a 2c in the near future.
Shaun...driveability is fine , but it doesnt drive like stock for sure. car is alot louder for one thing because you are always revving to 3k+ , if you have driven a stalled auto before this wont be a huge surprise but it does feel a little odd when you think about the fact that the car was once a brand new feeling , docile driving musclecruiser and now... well its Racecar.

If I see you at the track i'll take you for a ride.

2012csgt

Established Member
Shaun...driveability is fine , but it doesnt drive like stock for sure. car is alot louder for one thing because you are always revving to 3k+ , if you have driven a stalled auto before this wont be a huge surprise but it does feel a little odd when you think about the fact that the car was once a brand new feeling , docile driving musclecruiser and now... well its Racecar.

If I see you at the track i'll take you for a ride.

Well that sucks. That not something I can deal with on a day to day basis. I know a 4c is a high stall, but i think I might just put on a small 35 shot of N20 for the track if needed out of the hole. I appreciate your honesty. Getting my car tuned next Thursday by Ken so we will see what she can put down.

4VFTW

Established Member
Well that sucks. That not something I can deal with on a day to day basis. I know a 4c is a high stall, but i think I might just put on a small 35 shot of N20 for the track if needed out of the hole. I appreciate your honesty. Getting my car tuned next Thursday by Ken so we will see what she can put down.
lol dont get me wrong i'm not saying its bad , just different. part throttle acceleration it sounds like sex , but its loud and people keep trying to race me because it kinda sounds like im on it when just normally accelerating.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Torco contains MMT (Methylcyclopentadienyl Manganese Tricarbonyl) which leaves behind a rusty color residue on your plugs, valves, pistons, exhaust etc...

It may work in a pinch, but the build up of residue over time can cause "Hot Spots" in your combustion chambers. This can Cause detonation when you don't run it. The very thing you were trying to avoid in the first place! :nonono:

Personally I wouldn't run it.

Ever wonder what MMT does to your motor?
4096576864_5114a22c70_o.jpg

For me it's E85 all the way! :rockon:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
ofcourse that e85 is better but i dont have a return fuel system and will need to use torco until i go return fuel setup for e85. i dont put many miles on my car so i doubt that runing torco will be an issue. after 3 years i have 14k miles.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I don't plan to put 100k on anything. I don't recall what the mileage plans were for the o.p.. However, E85 is far from the "miracle fuel" it is made out to be. No one wants to talk about the fall out from a lack of filtration, the problems with the tanks that stations put it in, ect... I don't know if this plays everywhere, but in Indianapolis, even from the "nice" stations that put it in new tanks, it still left nasty deposits in the fuel filters in both of the Cobras I brought home from Texas. Just my experience and $.02.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
This was just a trace amount of MMT in gasoline when they used to have it at regular gas stations.

With the huge amounts that you need to effectively raise the octane to "Race Gas" like ratings, (Like what most on here do 32oz at a time) it happens much worse in only a matter of a tank or two.

I wouldn't put Torco in my lawnmower!

Say what you will about E85 John, but E85 IS the Miracle Fuel!

Just my $.02

Users who are viewing this thread