Torco accelerator questions.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Hey guys. I ordered a case of torco accelerator 32 ounce bottles. I have been reading around the web about the orange residue that it leaves behind.. anyone had any major issues running torco accelerator for long periods of time? I want to try it out and if I like it I was thinking about getting a 5 gallon tank. Im thinking about running it on every fill until I go with a return setup for e85.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
just change plugs more often like once a year or 10k miles which ever comes 1st

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
just change plugs more often like once a year or 10k miles which ever comes 1st

ah thats not to bad. i can live with that. its worth the added safety especially now that i am running more boost and more timing. i am kind of paranoid right now on pump 93.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
its good to have when race gas is not around an you are racing

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
its good to have when race gas is not around an you are racing

yeah. To me is just the damn fuel system. I have e85 5 minutes from my house and alot of stations around town. but need around 1800 bucks for a return setup plus tune.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
yeah. To me is just the damn fuel system. I have e85 5 minutes from my house and alot of stations around town. but need around 1800 bucks for a return setup plus tune.

E85 is a much better an safer option for high HP. how much are you trying to make? for 700HP all you need is id 1000s, JMs BAP an a good tuner like shaun from AED

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
Torco worked well for me made 32hp over my 93 tune because of the added timing / boost . The race fuel was a lot more but also costs a lot more . Torco is my go to weekend / cruise tune .

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
E85 is a much better an safer option for high HP. how much are you trying to make? for 700HP all you need is id 1000s, JMs BAP an a good tuner like shaun from AED

with e85 i will probably be a bit over 700. my car made 620 on a hot day with the stock 3.8 pulley and 14 degrees of timing. i now have a 3.6 pulley and 16.5 degrees of timing on top of the rpm range. so it should be close to 660rwhp or so. it is spinning the 295 et drag radials on second gear pulls and on third gear shifts.

i asked ken about trying e85 with a jms bap and he said that he didn't think it would be safe. he advised to go with a return fuel setup. i already have id1000 injectors so i just need the fuel system. but i think that it would be a better choise if i buy rods and pistons along with oil pump gears and arp studs before i go with a return fuel system. maybe with 10.1 compression and more boost i can push the limits of 93 and make 700+ at the tires.

Last edited:

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
do you have to run the tank completely out before refilling and adding a bottle?
I would think the concentration would be off if you didn't.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
do you have to run the tank completely out before refilling and adding a bottle?

i assume that if you want to have a perfect blend yeah. but all i want is to make sure that i have a little safety net. 10 gallons and 32 oz of torco should be 98 octane. they claim 102 octane on a 5 gallon and 32oz of torco. so you can play with the mixture a bit as long as you dont go crazy with the tune and try to run timing for 100+ octane.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
with e85 i will probably be a bit over 700. my car made 620 on a hot day with the stock 3.8 pulley and 14 degrees of timing. i now have a 3.6 pulley and 16.5 degrees of timing on top of the rpm range. so it should be close to 660rwhp or so. it is spinning the 295 et drag radials on second gear pulls and on third gear shifts.

i asked ken about trying e85 with a jms bap and he said that he didn't think it would be safe. he advised to go with a return fuel setup. i already have id1000 injectors so i just need the fuel system. but i think that it would be a better choise if i buy rods and pistons along with oil pump gears and arp studs before i go with a return fuel system. maybe with 10.1 compression and more boost i can push the limits of 93 and make 700+ at the tires.

you for sure are at the power level to look at rods an pistons. doing the return style is the better way to go to give you more room to make power.

but for those makes up to 700HP you can get away with id1000 an JMS BAP wired correctly an tuned right. other wise people will burn up pumps. good luck on your future plans. looks like it will be nasty.

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
assuming you have premium 93 or 91?
around here 91 is mid grade and 93 is super.
how are the points figured?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

no you don't. mostly likely you would just be adding a higher level of octane. there is a chart on the bottle an on there site.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I run it too. Its cheap at $114 shipped for a 6pack and even less when you purchase the pail. I have been keeping the cans from my 6pack to re-use when I go to the pail.

I don't put too many miles on my car (1600 since April), so I don't worry much about the cost. The extra zing from a Torco tune is worth it.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
you for sure are at the power level to look at rods an pistons. doing the return style is the better way to go to give you more room to make power.

but for those makes up to 700HP you can get away with id1000 an JMS BAP wired correctly an tuned right. other wise people will burn up pumps. good luck on your future plans. looks like it will be nasty.

yeah i am kind of tempted to get pistons and rods right now but i want to do everything at once. my dad is ready to tear into the motor and build the bottom end. i am not 100% sure if i want the entire rotating assembly or pistons and rods only. i think i would have less downtime with a balanced rotating assembly. but i could save some cash reusing the stock crank. my only fear right now is to window the block and damage a head if a connection rod fails because that would cost alot more than just pistons and rods lol

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I run it too. Its cheap at $114 shipped for a 6pack and even less when you purchase the pail. I have been keeping the cans from my 6pack to re-use when I go to the pail.

I don't put too many miles on my car (1600 since April), so I don't worry much about the cost. The extra zing from a Torco tune is worth it.

yeah if you buy the 5 gal pail it comes out to like $14 a 32 ounce bottle according to my math LOL. which is not bad at all.

Users who are viewing this thread