To two tone or not?

j-tan

Established Member
I'm planning to repaint my cobra. I bought the car about 6 months ago. The Paint is in alright condition, but main reason I'm getting it painted is because it was keyed by the previous owners ex. It is sonic blue btw. I was thinking about going 2 tone sonic blue with a black top. What do you guys think?

selbyvince

Established Member
im not a big fan of two tone.. but thats just me, but if thats what you like then go for it. sonic blue is very nice color, i would repaint it back original.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A couple of members here have done a two-tone Terminator over the years. At least one I remember came out really nice. It definitely can work. But it's not for everyone, especially since the factory didn't do any two-tones. Same applies with stripes. They're not for everyone but they can be tastefully done. If you want to do a two-tone, go for it. But remember that if you decide to sell the car the paint work may not be attractive to most would-be buyers. JMO.

Jack Burton

Established Member
template.jpg

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
+1, sucks to hear about your ex btw..

Not his ex, the previous owner's ex!

Anyway, that's Boyd Coddington's deal with the two-tone paint scheme. Roush did a few Boyd Coddington Edition Mustangs and they look nice, but not sure how it would look on a Cobra. Here's a Cobra from a few years ago, not sure whom the owner is, but I think he did a good job.
IMG_5380.jpg

j-tan

Established Member
Wow that's nice. I was thinking of a black top. It's still up in the air on what I want to do. I guess this site is more for stock paint with stock replica wheels. I'm a big fan of Boyd and foose two tone paint jobs but haven't really seen it on our cars.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Yep, not many go against the grain here, but you have to do what makes you happy with your car. I do what I want to do to my car not what everyone else thinks I should do. Take your time and even talk to the painter you're planning to go with and see what kind of ideas they have for your car. They may have a better paint scheme then you've thought of yourself and you may like it and be happy. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Users who are viewing this thread