• A6....Wish i woulda went M6 for fun

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • A6...Love it, never going back to stick

Votes: 74 38.1%

• Total voters

D.T.R

Established Member
Going from a 12' M6 to 14' A6
Didn't have a castrastofic transmission failure or anything of that sort, but some issues here and here (clutch pedal fallng to the floor, 2nd gear lock out, sometimes 3rd gear too, etc), my major annoyance was the inconsistancy. It's pretty hard to make a clean pass every time, so auto it is.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
Auto FTW...and if you get a 13+ the sport mode is as fun as a stick car ....best thing about the Auto is the look on the guy with more power in his stick car as you give him tail lights...my 833rwhp shelby is around .25 faster then my auto 13 with 633rwhp...i have way more coin in my gt500 then i do my 13 and id say my 13 would win in a drag race 6/10 times....go for the auto and the only looking back you will do is at the car you just smoked...

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
My manual has not given me a single issue. It shifts perfect but I hate it because I want an auto. Mainly for the drag strip. So that's my vote. Auto=better

5.0jake

Established Member
Who buys a mustang to stay stock..... give me a break your lame:poke:

If you're referring to me, I am not stock. I am also currently saving for a blower.
:burn:
Some people do like to stay stock though.:bored: To each their own.

Auto FTW...and if you get a 13+ the sport mode is as fun as a stick car ....best thing about the Auto is the look on the guy with more power in his stick car as you give him tail lights...my 833rwhp shelby is around .25 faster then my auto 13 with 633rwhp...i have way more coin in my gt500 then i do my 13 and id say my 13 would win in a drag race 6/10 times....go for the auto and the only looking back you will do is at the car you just smoked...

This may be true at the strip but I bet your Shelby would smoke your 13 auto from a high speed roll...

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member

^ This
/thread lol

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Going from a 12' M6 to 14' A6
Didn't have a castrastofic transmission failure or anything of that sort, but some issues here and here (clutch pedal fallng to the floor, 2nd gear lock out, sometimes 3rd gear too, etc), my major annoyance was the inconsistancy. It's pretty hard to make a clean pass every time, so auto it is.

You can say what you want. I agree that auto's are better for holding more power.

But the inconsistancy is drivers error.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member

This is why I refused to buy another GT500. I was so tired of all the GT owners matching my performance with less horsepower, or beating me with consistency from the auto. Never again! This was on the street from a roll as well, not just the track.

Auto owners are winning races. Manual owners are scratching their heads wondering why they are not that fast all the time, every time, consistently.

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
You can say what you want. I agree that auto's are better for holding more power.

But the inconsistancy is drivers error.

Absolutely, I'm sure there is plenty of driver error on that... but i'm not here to make things more complicated. I want to go faster than the car beside me. Believe me, everytime i lost a race due to the poor launching on the M6, i didn't tell the other driver with the automatic "oh you're cheating, the auto always launches good, you won but in reality i won, the manual is more fun... " :D

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Get what suits you op. I've had my car for a little over two months and the shifter sucks balls! BUT, I recently installed my MGW shifter and had put on an a cue ball from epco... **** IM IN LOVE!!!
I still have to do: Amsoil Syncromesh gear oil, a clutch extender (because the travel is pretty far), maybe a sportier clutch.

Car only has 1800 miles and some times I wished I had a long commute just so i could shift! LOL, get what suits you!

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Winning a drag race with an auto is like winning the Big Buck contest in ur local hunting camp using a a heat sensor activated mechanical machine gun. Did you win, ya, but don't expect the other hunters to give u respect for it.

Flame on :)

qwikhuh

Established Member
I am lucky enough to have access to several 11-13 Mustangs including both manuals and autos. IMHO if you are looking to drag race and stay NA the manual will hold up well, is a lot of fun, and can hang with the stalled autos if you can drive. If you are going power adder and drag racing I would go with the automatic. My personal car is a 2011 with a stick making 635 at the wheels. It's a blast around town but its a handful at the dragstrip. One of my shop cars is a 13 auto and its the first automatic mustang I could ever see myself owning, they shift well and can be fun to drive.

D.T.R

Established Member
because having a manual and checking the taillights of cars with 200whp less is so respectable.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member

sounds more like a suspension/traction issue to me// do they trap identically to prove the transmission is the only varialble....i highly doubt it.

my vote went to M6, its been very fun, with the amsoil fluids and steeda SB, -the helper spring its been pretty sweet. But if you want to hold big power and be a bit more consistent then THIS Auto it is. Yesterday i was in stop and go traffic for about an 1 1/2 and didnt really mind the shift and clutching, its complete 2nd nature.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
because having a manual and checking the taillights of cars with 200whp less is so respectable.

That's what ur not catching on to. (200hp is quite an exaggeration too) But some people respect a 10.9 in an M6 car more than a 10.1 in the same car but auto. I am one of those people.

"I just went 10.3 by hitting the gas and holding on to the steering wheel!" WOW, I'm so impressed.

Last edited:

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
ive beaten autos with more mods and power than me in my wine glass m6...where did this ridicules 200rwhp formula come from LOL

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Alright. The only place where the auto has an advantage over a stick is on the launch. After the launch is pretty even asuming the stick driver can drive properly.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Alright. The only place where the auto has an advantage over a stick is on the launch. After the launch is pretty even asuming the stick driver can drive properly.

I think the auto is at a disadvantage on the launch. Mod for mod an M6 can more then likely 60ft faster then an A6 due to being able to launch harder.

I think of myself as a horrible driver but all my runs are within .1-.2 of eachother.

I would also love a 200rwhp A6 5.0 to whoop my ass on the track.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Autos can cut 1.3 -1.4 60 ft times. With mods ofcourse. Is hard for stick cars to do that. Some can do it ofcourse but not nearly as easy as autos. Which is why the fastest coyotes are autos. At the drag strip at least.

Users who are viewing this thread