Votes: 3 1.5%
  • A6...Love it, never going back to stick

Votes: 74 38.1%

• Total voters

FocusSTGuy

Established Member
98621a3ba5b94c213b0182942667cdbbff1c3744fec1692e8797ff9f78357cd7.jpg

I kid i kid.

I went with an M6... well because I like banging gears...have nothing against autos, my girlfriend drives one...........

N20D5OH

Established Member
View attachment 49752

I kid i kid.

I went with an M6... well because I like banging gears...have nothing against autos, my girlfriend drives one...........
I was just like you when I bought mine. Only issue is, you don't bang the gears in these for long, especially once modded. I'm getting ready to swap a McLeod and an MGW race in mine but honestly, I should've just gone A6. For the record this is my 12th mustang since 1991, all have been manuals.

FocusSTGuy

Established Member
I was just like you when I bought mine. Only issue is, you don't bang the gears in these for long, especially once modded. I'm getting ready to swap a McLeod and an MGW race in mine but honestly, I should've just gone A6. For the record this is my 12th mustang since 1991, all have been manuals.

As I said....I wont' go to an automatic. I am not a racer, but I do like to go fast. I like banging gears, so I bought an M6. Ive driven a tuned `14 A6 and I still prefer mine. To each his own :)

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
As I said....I wont' go to an automatic. I am not a racer, but I do like to go fast. I like banging gears, so I bought an M6. Ive driven a tuned `14 A6 and I still prefer mine. To each his own :)

Thread came back from the dead, i have replaced one mt82 and just installed a rxt Mcleod. I'm very happy now with my mt82. I tried every mod for the transmission before swapping to a twin disk. I've ran an exedy 500 single disk, a single disk spec 3+, a clutch line, barton shifter, blowfish braket and an external reservoir. Nothing helped as much as the twin disk. Now I can bang gears and keep the cars noise up in the air with out dropping it. Plus I got my twin disk and flywheel for $265, it's one of my favorite mods to date. I think that this new twin disk clutch will drop me .2-.3 tenths in the quarter.

hashbash

Established Member
When I was looking for a mustang I knew I wanted a M6 because it was my first high HP coupe and I wanted to have fun with it. I have no regrets and no problems, rev matching downshifts while coming up to a red light with my roush axlebacks and no resonators puts a smile on my face every time. Revving it up to 5k rpm and dropping the clutch leaving two nice stripes on the ground...can't get that with an A6.

5lho

Established Member
Having had both....I am in complete love with the auto I have now. Car is incredibly competent and it is so much a better car 95% of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread