THP twin kit problems.

mustangmike1

Established Member
I thought you were looking for a twin setup. They have new headers that work in a twin setup that retains everything. You could email them and ask if it could be made to work in a single kit.

mustangmike1

Established Member
A few other issues along the way.

Car is currently coming apart and getting ready for a different setup, the kit has been found unusable and is currently being handled legally. I know some people will chime in and say its the k-member but the pics speak for themselves and the k-member is fine. I have attached a couple more pics, the first pic is the intercooler to intake pipe and how it lines up to the intercooler and the bov location. I don't feel like cutting a hole in the side of my bumper cover. j6l8f.jpg

The second pic is the turbo to intercooler pipe, it runs directly into the lower intercooler outlet.q340.jpg

These pics are the drivers header, lots of holes and lack of room to get bolts in the flange. Flange is warped almost 3/16 of an inch, welding quality is unacceptable and header is unusable.9xc6.jpg[/ATTACH]ov3n.jpgojy0.jpg

mustangmike1

Established Member
Few more

Another pic of header
kyfu.jpg

Pics of drivers up pipe, the flange is warped also and the tire hits it when turned. The flange surface is extremely rough, nothing would seal without having it machined. The angle of the flange is way off and the turbo would be on an angle in the engine bay. Passenger side is threaded but drivers is not, unusable.

Attachments

• 90xd.jpg
    90xd.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 393
  • 1e1y.jpg
    1e1y.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 384
  • q0yq2.jpg
    q0yq2.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 377
  • iqzn1.jpg
    iqzn1.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 393

1Fast-Turbo-Cou

Established Member
That's some fubar looking shit. Are those headers used? Looks like an old header that was starting to get holes blown in it was re-coated? There is no way I'd put that on my car. I'd be pissed if I bought a turbo kit that looked and fit like that. Don't let this discourage you, get that CG kit and don't look back!

smashedheadcat

Established Member
That's no bueno. I don't think I would have even attempted to install it. It's a shame because it's such a pretty kit setup when not welded on a Monday (or by a bird's ass).

BoostedByV

No Fly By ZONE
Established Member
Sucks but once I would if seen the used oil line I would have sent everything back .
LoL at the welds .. Smh

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Holy ****. I think I've welded better while being attacked by a pitbull with a steak hanging off my junk... Wtf​

mustangmike1

Established Member
That is the replacement header and up pipe as the original didn't fit. I tried sending the kit back and he said there would be a 30% restocking fee and deductions for missing parts that I didn't even receive. In other words I wouldn't get anything back from him so I took it up through Visa.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
I think you made a good call by contacting Visa. I wouldn't pay that much money for something that looked like that. I would refuse to pay a restocking fee as well. You deserve a quality product when you dish out "turbo kit" money.

RussZTT

Established Member
When I installed the k-member it was squared with the rest of the car and levelled with the frame rails. I rebuild classic mustang unibodies(the one in my sig was only a roof shell basically) so I am extremely meticulous when it comes to this stuff.

The drivers header runs directly into the rack. This is with the suspension hanging as far down as it can go, I also have the bump steer kit adjusted almost all the way down. I installed offset bushings after this pic but it didn't do much and it still hits.
View attachment 13180

I have had the same exact problem. I'm using the correct K member, the bump steer kit is at its lowest, I have the offset bushings for the rack. I have went through 2 racks now because the drivers side header burns through the boot. I'm not getting any help with it either.

Droppintwins

Established Member
I am having the exact same problem! I did the same thing as u and it still rubs. I about about to cut off the steering rack mounts and have them welded a good inch lower. I then am worried about steering geometry however.. we will see what happens I guess.
I have had the same exact problem. I'm using the correct K member, the bump steer kit is at its lowest, I have the offset bushings for the rack. I have went through 2 racks now because the drivers side header burns through the boot. I'm not getting any help with it either.

TRBO VNM

Wow, I can weld better with my mig. And people were sticking up for this clown? Man that header and pipe is crap. Sorry you have to go through is. Bunch of BS.

4to8

Established Member
Wow all I can say, Other then was there any stickers made in Mexico on it ? Sad Sad Sad

Users who are viewing this thread