THP twin kit problems.

mustangmike1

Established Member
Has anyone had issues with Turbo Horsepower or with there kit for fitment and missing parts. I ordered my twin 57 kit on Oct 28th and was told it would take 4-6 weeks, I finally got the kit on March 7th. I never did receive the main intake pipe, both down pipes, and I got a used oil feed line(still had oil seeping out of it), a used thermostat in the rad overflow cap box, and no intercooler brackets. The worst part is the drivers header runs into k member, rack, and touches the steering shaft. To get enough clearance I have to tilt the engine lots, I can't evenly lift the engine as the passenger header already hits the k member bolt. To clear on both sides the engine would have to lean so much that the nut won't go on the drivers engine mount and the engine would sit 1.5 inches higher on the drivers side than the passenger. I have had many local car guys come by to check on my cars progress and they can clearly see there mockup engine must have been tilted to one side really bad. If I level the engine perfectly with the k member and frame rails the drivers header won't even bolt up and the passenger fits fine.

I spent $8695.00 on this kit and it is unusable and missing lots of parts. I wish Jim Napier would have made this right but he won't talk to me anymore, he also has the drivers header and up pipe because he did agree to repair and now refuses to. He blames the k-member but it won't make a difference as the engine will still have to lean dramatically to one side. I already had to get my credit card company involved but its not to late for Jim Napier to make this right and give me a usable kit, its been almost 6 months and this should have been resolved by now. If he doesn't want to fix it he should just give me my money back.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Sorry for your troubles man. I've always had good dealings with Jim Napier.

Can you tell me what k-member you are running and what motor mounts? I have the QA1 and stock motor mounts and have none of these issues.

calypsocoral

Established Member
Mike,
Without talking to me you took this to your Credit Card company for resolution after I told you everything would be corrected and brought to your satisfaction. Your Card Company called once and I told them what was happening. I tried to call the credit card Bank on their caller ID number from my phone it would not take an incoming call (Call Center normal). So I went through all their numbers I could find and finally reached an Executive who was very surprised at me reaching him, but would not tell me any of their phone numbers or transfer my call to anyone else. That was very suspicious, I’ve never had that happen before.

I told you that there was nothing else I could do since you involved the credit Card Bank UNTIL they told me their ruling. You have a business also and know I could send you money, and then the bank could decide to pull money out of my credit card account and I’d have nothing but a double loss and you still have the Turbo kit. You said you had to protect yourself; I have to do the same. I have tried multiple times to talk to them without any help from them or you whatsoever. It’s been over a week. I also told you that since you had drawn them into this we needed to communicate in writing to protect us both and stop all these misunderstandings. I don’t know what else to do until you do your part and get them into the process or get them out of the process. I am not refusing to communicate and never have, except now only in writing. You are refusing to put anything in writing…except on the forums?

You’ve tied my hands and now want the public to decide. The balls in your court and has been since you involved the Bank. I am still awaiting your resolution to the issue of the Bank you inserted into all of this.

Thanks Jim Napier
TurboHorsePower

mustangmike1

Established Member
I figured this would get your attention. Yes as a business owner I know when something is not going right, it's been almost 6 months from the date I purchased this kit. You say the balls in my court, no it isn't. You are the one that sold me the kit and you are the one that needs to fix any issue, my timeline was almost up for me to dispute this with my credit card so I had to file a dispute. Anyone that wen't through this would do the same thing, if my timeline past and you didn't fix this I would be screwed.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Mike,

Give my brother a call on Monday. He owns Finish Line Automotive & Performance in Denver and has installed several of Jim's kits. He can help you get things straightened out with the motor mounts and intercooler brackets. Call 7202011834 and ask for Jonny.

mustangmike1

Established Member
Postbans issues are similar with the passenger header hitting k-member bolt, don't know about the down pipe issues because I didn't get them. i am hoping THP will correct the issues and give me the rest of the kit, but from his response I don't think he will.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Man, what is up with the Mustang turbo kit makers STILL having ANY issues after making these kits for so long?? Really, how hard can it be to get it right? I agree that the OP had to file a dispute before the 6 months was up or he would have had zero recourse. I'm sure the sellers/merchants know this window. Once that date passes, it's over.

It seems to me that a misalignment issue can always be blamed on the installer, which sucks. But missing that many major parts? After that period of time, they should have been sent if they knew they were missing. That's the part I don't get. I've been through this sort of thing and it's no fun. If the companies would just honor what the customer paid for, it would never go this far-period!

I really hope you get the rest of your kit and get any misaligned parts re-made and sent to you in short order. This is crazy.

Jerry03cobra

Established Member
My kit fits good. He took 6-8 week on my kit. There was a few missing parts but when I email Jim he replied back and had them sent out the next day. Sorry to hear you are having problems with THP. I did a lot of research on THP and HPP I picked THP.

badblacklx

Established Member
You would think the companies receiving 8k in their pocket would have a shipping checklist when kits where ordered. Some people have no clue how to operate a business. Caleb at Cg fab had my hotside and coldside twin kit to my door in 4 weeks nothing missing at all.

mustangmike1

Established Member
You would think the companies receiving 8k in their pocket would have a shipping checklist when kits where ordered. Some people have no clue how to operate a business. Caleb at Cg fab had my hotside and coldside twin kit to my door in 4 weeks nothing missing at all.

That is the exact same thing my wife said. I noticed Cg fab has new headers that keep both ac and sway bar now.

lloyd393

Squid missile
Established Member
I just started installing my THP kit. I didn't install the k-member it came with in favor of my PSR k-member I already had in the car. I was worried that it wouldn't work, but it fits and I had no issues with it. It was a pain in the ass to get the passenger side header on, but once I got it fitted in place with some engine hoist help, it bolted right up and fits like a glove. My drivers side was the easy side to get on. So far I have the intercooler mounted and passenger side done. I don't know if I am missing any pieces, but I bought mine from a second party, so I don't think it would be any fault on Jim if it was. I am hopeing to get the drivers side finished up today. I need to relocate my oil cooler too, but I am very happy with how the kit and install is coming along. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with yours. I am sure Jim will do all he can to resolve the issues. Good luck.

mustangmike1

Established Member
He won't do anything, he wants me and my bank to sign a disclosure statement so we won't go after him. It was simple he just had to send me the rest of the items and correct the angle on one side so the header doesn't sit on the rack, steering shaft and k-member. I will post up some pics tonight to show clearance issues.

mustangmike1

Established Member
When I installed the k-member it was squared with the rest of the car and levelled with the frame rails. I rebuild classic mustang unibodies(the one in my sig was only a roof shell basically) so I am extremely meticulous when it comes to this stuff.

The drivers header runs directly into the rack. This is with the suspension hanging as far down as it can go, I also have the bump steer kit adjusted almost all the way down. I installed offset bushings after this pic but it didn't do much and it still hits.
9xln.jpg

This is a pic of the passenger header, it fits but hits the k-member bolt. The collector to up-pipe is only 1/8 inch away from the swaybar bracket.
srpa.jpg

The drivers header rides against the k-member upright, this could be an issue with the k-member.76k7.jpg

I attached a pic of the front view of the engine, it is already tilted to the passenger side a little. I can make everything clear but the engine is on an extreme angle and the drivers engine mount bolt won't fit on because it is almost out of the k-member.
hafn.jpg

calypsocoral

Established Member
Has anyone had issues with Turbo Horsepower or with there kit for fitment and missing parts. I ordered my twin 57 kit on Oct 28th and was told it would take 4-6 weeks, I finally got the kit on March 7th. I never did receive the main intake pipe, both down pipes, and I got a used oil feed line(still had oil seeping out of it), a used thermostat in the rad overflow cap box, and no intercooler brackets. The worst part is the drivers header runs into k member, rack, and touches the steering shaft. To get enough clearance I have to tilt the engine lots, I can't evenly lift the engine as the passenger header already hits the k member bolt. To clear on both sides the engine would have to lean so much that the nut won't go on the drivers engine mount and the engine would sit 1.5 inches higher on the drivers side than the passenger. I have had many local car guys come by to check on my cars progress and they can clearly see there mockup engine must have been tilted to one side really bad. If I level the engine perfectly with the k member and frame rails the drivers header won't even bolt up and the passenger fits fine.

I spent $8695.00 on this kit and it is unusable and missing lots of parts. I wish Jim Napier would have made this right but he won't talk to me anymore, he also has the drivers header and up pipe because he did agree to repair and now refuses to. He blames the k-member but it won't make a difference as the engine will still have to lean dramatically to one side. I already had to get my credit card company involved but its not to late for Jim Napier to make this right and give me a usable kit, its been almost 6 months and this should have been resolved by now. If he doesn't want to fix it he should just give me my money back.

I was originally told by you that there was no problem using my own Qa1 k member. I TOLD YOU THAT QA1 K MEMBERS MOVED AROUND IN THE DOWN TUBE AREA, THAT SUPPORTS THE RACK AND PINION STEERING, AND THAT YOUR EXISTING ONE MIGHT NOT FIT AND YOU MIGHT NEED TO REPLACE IT. DUE TO THAT, WE ALWAYS MOCK THEM UP WITH YOUR K MEMBER BEFORE SHIPPING TO VERIFY THERE WOULD NOT BE ANY CLEARANCE ISSUES. WHEN YOU RETURNED YOUR HEADER AND UP PIPE (AS STATED BELOW) WE TESTED IT AGAIN ON THE K MEMBER WE HAD TESTED IT ON BEFORE SHIPPING, AND IT HAS PLENTY OF CLEARANCE (WE REQUESTED YOU SHIP US YOUR PRE-EXISTING QA1 K MEMBER AND YOU SAID NO, YOU DIDN'T WANT TO SHIP IT. YOU WERE INFORMED OF THAT CLEARANCE VERIFICATION AGAIN, OFFERED PICTURES VERIFYING THAT CLEARANCE TO WHICH YOU DECLINED, AND OFFERED OUR K MEMBER IN EXCHANGE FOR YOURS FOR FREE AND YOU REFUSED THAT OFFER AS WELL. I bought the kit october 28th and was told I would have it within 45 days OR LONGER DUE TO THE HOLIDAY SEASON, AND THE FACT THAT MANY OF OUR SUPPLIERS HAVE DELAYS DURING THAT HOLIDAY TIME FRAME WHICH COULD NEGATIVELY AFFECT OUR DELIVERY, I received it march 7th. BEFORE SHIPPING THE KIT YOU WERE ASKED IF YOU STILL WANTED IT, AS YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING TO PUERTO RICO FOR A MONTH TO SIX WEEKS, YOU THEN SAID “LATER” THAT YOU’RE WIFE WAS LEAVING A LITTLE LATER THAN YOU, AND THAT YES YOU STILL WANTED IT. A WHILE LATER YOU CALLED AND SAID YOU WERE BACK AND EVERYTHING LOOKED FINE AND YOUR TRIP WAS CUT SHORT. The kit I got was incomplete, NOT TRUE, BRACKETS WERE SHIPPED missing intercooler brackets, main intake pipe NOT TRUE, , both downpipes NOT TRUE , got a used oil feed line(oil still in it along with dirt), WE USE A CHECKLIST AND IT SHOWED AS COMPLETE, WE NEVER SHIP ANYTHING USED EVER AND WE OFFERED TO TAKE YOU AT YOUR WORD AND REPLACE AND RESHIP EVERYTHING YOU SAID WAS MISSING IN THE INTEREST OF CUSTOMER SATISFACTION, AND WE NEVER GOT A POSITIVE RESPONSE used thermostat instead of a cap for the overflow NOT TRUE…FIRST YOU SAID IT WAS A USED THERMOSTAT, THEN YOU SAID IT WAS USED OVERFLOW CAP, YOU WOULD NOT FURNISH PICTURES WHEN REQUESTED, OR RETURN THESE ITEMS WITH YOUR HEADER SHIPMENT OR FURNISH ANY PICTURES (AND STILL HAVE NOT TO DATE), headers that do not fit with engine level to frame rails HEADERS FIT FINE ON THE K MEMBER HERE, AND AS EXAMPLED BELOW AND ABOVE IN THIS STATEMENT, AND WE OFFERED PICTURES AS PROOF, NO RESPONSE FROM YOU TO THIS OFFER OF PROOF, YOU JUST WANT TO GRIPE AND MAKE UP STORIES AS YOU GO scratches on intercooler face THE INTERCOOLER TANKS ARE MADE ON A BEND AND BREAK MACHINE AND THEY HAVE NORMAL SMALL LINES FROM THAT AS THIS MACHINE MAKES THOSE LINES ON THOSE TANKS, WHICH ARE NOT SCRATCHES, WHICH ARE INDUSTRY NORMS AND STANDARDS , black marks on piping everywhere NOT TRUE, NO DOCUMENTATION OF ANY KIND PROVIDED TO TURBOHORSEPOWER PER OUR REQUEST TO YOU. I am at the point where I am done and just want my money back PLEASE SEE OUR REFUND POLICY FOR DETAILS. I have not and will not bash your company or give a poor review on any of the sites that I moderate or I am a member of WHAT IS YOUR USER NAME…MINE IS JIM@TURBOHORSEPOWER. NO RESPONSE UNTIL THE BASHING STARTED The kit is in perfect shape besides the scratches that were on it when received NOT TRUE, WE WRAP ALL THE PIPING IN AT LEAST THREE LAYERS OF BUBBLE WRAP TO MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT SUCH THINGS DO NOT HAPPEN, IF THERE WERE SCRATCHES WHY DIDN'T YOU TURN IN A SHIPPING CLAIM (WE NEVER HEARD FO THIS EITHER UNTIL JUST RECENTLY SEEMS THE STORY GROWS EVERY DAY) and you can resale it to someone else WE CAN NOT SELL AN INSTALLED KIT TO “SOMEONE ELSE” AS NEW. WE SOLD IT TO YOU, AND YOU HAD MULTIPLE OPPORTUNITIES TO “CHANGE YOUR MIND” AND YOU HAD MULTIPLE “REASONS” ABOUT WHY YOU MIGHT OR MIGHT NOT TAKE THE KIT, WE AGREED EVERY STEP OF THE WAY, PRIOR TO SHIPMENT, TO DO WHATEVER YOU DESIRED. WE OFFERED YOU A FREE UPGRADE TO 61MM TURBOS, AN $800 VALUE, AND AT FIRST YOU SAID YES, THEN A FEW DAYS LATER YOU SAID NO, WE OFFERED YOU A FREE EXCHANGE OF YOUR K MEMBER FOR OURS, WHICH YOU IGNORED AS IF THE OFFER DIDN'T OCCUR. Let me know if you are willing to make this right and give me a full refund. PLEASE SEE OUR ATTACHED STANDARD REFUND POLICY. AS I TOLD YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY, I HAVE ALL THE DOCUMENTATION SHOULD THEY REQUIRE IT. I HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING ELSE FROM THEM, OTHER THAN ONE CALL ABOUT THIS ISSUE. SEEMS THEY ARE MUTE ON THE SUBJECT AND AFTER ABOUT A DOZEN ATTEMPTS I STILL CAN’T GET A CALL BACK OR ANSWER TO MY QUESTIONS FROM THEM OR YOU.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
paragraphs

aint nobody reading that ridiculous wall of text (what I could stand to try and get through you might have some valid points but its just not worth the trouble)

Last edited:

calypsocoral

Established Member
He won't do anything, he wants me and my bank to sign a disclosure statement so we won't go after him. It was simple he just had to send me the rest of the items and correct the angle on one side so the header doesn't sit on the rack, steering shaft and k-member. I will post up some pics tonight to show clearance issues.

HERE IS MY LATEST REPLY TO MR. CALVERT YESTERDAY IN DIRECT OPPOSITION TO THE MULTIPLE STATEMENTS THAT WE WON'T DO ANYTHING, JUDGE FOR YOURSELF. THIS IS THE READERS DIGEST VERSION.

Dear Mr. Calvert,
Yes, of course will get your parts (this was never in question) or a refund, if you’ll complete the 3 items below we’ll just agree to disagree. It’s your choice and your call.

As soon as I get completed results on #1 through#3 below and the parts back here, and inventory them, hopefully they get shipped in 3 layers minimum of bubble wrap they should be good. please be aware, I will be traveling this week...so that will make any communication difficult during that time. When the parts arrive here I should be able to get you a check in the mail within a couple days. I will forward you a copy of the check via email before I send it with a tracking number for your protection.

I am sorry things went this way, it certainly was not our desire nor intent.
THANKS JIM
TURBOHORSEPOWER

mustangmike1

Established Member
Just showing everybody what I am going through, not bashing just telling and showing the facts. You admitted that some of the stuff may have not been shipped, you said you weren't there when it was packed and sometimes stuff gets missed. Kinda funny it happened to be both down pipes and the main intake pipe, the used thermostat was suppose to be a rad cap and that came from your mouth (I never said it was a used cap). I would probably look at who packed the kit because thats were the stuff probably is, if you use a checklist why does everyone else have missing stuff especially if you use a "checklist". Yes I did want the kit but I didn't realize it was going to come like this, and I am sure no one cares my trip to Cuba was cut short.

I would never sign something waiving my right to protect myself. You want me to send my partial kit back to get deducted for stuff I did not receive, you will then charge me a 30% restocking fee. And to top it off you want to send me a check, I don't think so.

mustangmike1

Established Member
Why don't you just send me the rest of the kit and fix the header/up pipe and be done with it, It will show you are a stand up guy that stands behind his product. I am not calling off my credit card company till you make the kit whole and usable or give me a full refund. And they will contact you and at this point they don't care about your return policy.

Users who are viewing this thread