THP twin kit problems.

mustangmike1

Established Member
Still waiting on Visa, should be done soon I hope! Car has been sitting in the same spot for almost a year now.
photo.JPG

stangfreak

Established Member
Your mustang looks insane. Is that like a matte black?

also is that lambo equipped with the UGR turbo kit? lol

mustangmike1

Established Member
After a full year from purchase date and a very long process with Visa and his financial institution they found the turbo kit completely defective. He was given the option to take the item back and give me a full refund but refused so Visa and his bank came to the decision to give me a full refund.

calypsocoral

Established Member
The Rest of the Story

After a full year from purchase date and a very long process with Visa and his financial institution they found the turbo kit completely defective. He was given the option to take the item back and give me a full refund but refused so Visa and his bank came to the decision to give me a full refund.

This is the “Rest of the Story” update:

1. This “customer” Mike Calvert of Calvert Construction, SK, Canada has been given a FULL REFUND by VISA and Scotia Bank Ontario, Canada and refuses to communicate, or return our Turbo Kit. He agreed to return the Turbo Kit if given a full refund in recorded arbitration with Scotia Bank. The only decision about refunding the kit was not ABOUT THE KIT according to VISA, it was about the VISA policy. Per VISA they bowed out of the discussion, and the decision was not VISA's.

2. According to customer’s actions, sounds like this was his plan all along.

3. The customer was offered a full refund by us before the turbo kit was shipped, and refused it.

4. The Customer was loaned part of a “Jig Kit” so that issues with his used K member could be identified. He still has it also.

5. He has ALL his money back from us. He has our Turbo Kit and refuses to return it or communicate about it. If the Turbo Kit is defective then why is he KEEPING IT?

6. My Bank did not judge this situation, Only Scotia Bank, his bank did. There appears to be some other folks with the same last name working at the bank also.

6. You be the Judge. Where else can you get to KEEP THE PRODUCT after given a FULL REFUND?

Ourobos

Established Member
He should definitely return that kit, if you pay to ship it back to you. As an AWS certified welder, I can say that my 13 year old son would do a better job on those headers. SMH

BLK_03

Established Member

1. This “customer” Mike Calvert of Calvert Construction, SK, Canada has been given a FULL REFUND by VISA and Scotia Bank Ontario, Canada and refuses to communicate, or return our Turbo Kit. He agreed to return the Turbo Kit if given a full refund in recorded arbitration with Scotia Bank. The only decision about refunding the kit was not ABOUT THE KIT according to VISA, it was about the VISA policy. Per VISA they bowed out of the discussion, and the decision was not VISA's.

3. The customer was offered a full refund by us before the turbo kit was shipped, and refused it.

4. The Customer was loaned part of a “Jig Kit” so that issues with his used K member could be identified. He still has it also.

5. He has ALL his money back from us. He has our Turbo Kit and refuses to return it or communicate about it. If the Turbo Kit is defective then why is he KEEPING IT?

6. My Bank did not judge this situation, Only Scotia Bank, his bank did. There appears to be some other folks with the same last name working at the bank also.

6. You be the Judge. Where else can you get to KEEP THE PRODUCT after given a FULL REFUND?

Shut up. Seriously. Shut up.

You tried to take this dude and it didn't work. Good for him. I hope he gives you as much grief getting all of your shit back as you gave him getting a complete, non hacked up kit.

stangfreak

Established Member
Im shocked at this kit. I remember when bill aka bross03cobra had this kit on his white cobra.

calypsocoral

Established Member
He should definitely return that kit, if you pay to ship it back to you. As an AWS certified welder, I can say that my 13 year old son would do a better job on those headers. SMH

You are right, those “Jig Headers” we sent (and he still has) weren’t ever to be used except to allow the customer to trial fit them on his used QA1 K member. They are off the Twin Turbo 5.4 kit which is over 1” taller and 1” wider, when used on a 4.6 they will have over 2” clearance in every direction. When the customer reported they hit in every location we knew that he wasn’t dealing in good faith, nor has he ever. Oh Yes, they were coated for pictures when first built. Who keeps the PARTS AND the MONEY? We have neither.
Thanks
Jim
TurboHorsePower

Last edited:

1Fast-Turbo-Cou

Established Member
Shut up. Seriously. Shut up.

You tried to take this dude and it didn't work. Good for him. I hope he gives you as much grief getting all of your shit back as you gave him getting a complete, non hacked up kit.

I agree. I would have chopped it into pieces, threw it in the trash, and then sent you a picture of it.

Droppintwins

Established Member

Well I will be the Judge! My kit that was not a "jig kit" that I spent almost 10k on has the same problems! I'm damn lucky to have a good friend of mine able to re-fabricate my 10k turbo kit to actually be useful on my car! This is nuts to me that you are denying problems when there is no way possible you can't know these were problems from day 1!!! Don't worry I'm including pics of my kit to prove it! My header hits my steering rack when the suspension is loaded, we had to cut and re-clock one or the cold side pipes 90 degrees for it to fit, the charge pipe coming out of the innercooler was too short so we had to extend it, the piping hits the lower bumper and pushes it away from the car, the wastegate flanges are warped from welding, the rear exhaust pipes are a joke and will hit the ground on the first drive (in the process of re-fabbing that portion of the kit). That isn't even everything that is wrong! Just the things that come right to mind! I would like to hear your excuse attempt at this....

Attachments

• THP Kit 1.jpg
    THP Kit 1.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 218
  • THP Kit 2.jpg
    THP Kit 2.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 178
  • THP Kit 3.jpg
    THP Kit 3.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 189
  • THP Kit 4.jpg
    THP Kit 4.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 192
  • THP Kit 5.jpg
    THP Kit 5.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 213

stradt03

Established Member
Well I will be the Judge! My kit that was not a "jig kit" that I spent almost 10k on has the same problems! I'm damn lucky to have a good friend of mine able to re-fabricate my 10k turbo kit to actually be useful on my car! This is nuts to me that you are denying problems when there is no way possible you can't know these were problems from day 1!!! Don't worry I'm including pics of my kit to prove it! My header hits my steering rack when the suspension is loaded, we had to cut and re-clock one or the cold side pipes 90 degrees for it to fit, the charge pipe coming out of the innercooler was too short so we had to extend it, the piping hits the lower bumper and pushes it away from the car, the wastegate flanges are warped from welding, the rear exhaust pipes are a joke and will hit the ground on the first drive (in the process of re-fabbing that portion of the kit). That isn't even everything that is wrong! Just the things that come right to mind! I would like to hear your excuse attempt at this....

ZING! Stories like these ones are why I don't mess around with HPP.

Users who are viewing this thread