Thoughts on another set of wheels.

IllCobra

Established Member
I think some of you are skipping the part where OP said he's not getting rid of the TF wheels for Rovos. He just wants an extra set of rims is all. That's actually a good idea. If it were me, i would have a set of TF mach 5 with the center painted gloss black and then a set of black chrome 18 AFS replicas and switch them out every 6 months or so.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
When you do want to get rid of the Mach 5s, give me a holler.... I'll throw in my 18'' AFS wheels plus whatever cash if you want something different.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Not a Terminator, but I really love the black chrome wheels I installed on my '16 Edge Sport. I never thought I'd prefer the chrome look, but I really like it. Personally, I think a black chrome wheel would look good with your Redfire paint.

I agree with those who recommended keeping those (gorgeous) TF wheels. You will very likely regret selling them. How long have you had them on your Cobra? Any damage to them over that time? How careful a driver are you? I think your answers might sway you to keep them. ;) Totally understand, though, if you'd really rather not keep them if other wheels are of interest and if you can get good money for them.
I've had these for a couple years now. No plans on selling the True Forged wheels, just want another set of wheels.
I think some of you are skipping the part where OP said he's not getting rid of the TF wheels for Rovos. He just wants an extra set of rims is all. That's actually a good idea. If it were me, i would have a set of TF mach 5 with the center painted gloss black and then a set of black chrome 18 AFS replicas and switch them out every 6 months or so.
Exactly right. I plan on keeping my True Forged wheels. I'm interested in buying another set of wheels to change things up once in awhile.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
It's free to read guys. You should take advantage of that.

I like the look of the Rovos urban. And in black chrome would really pop on the SF.

One thing though about black chrome is it flakes off after time. How much time ?.
I had some black chrome emblems on my last car. It was stored in the winter months and still over time the emblems peeled.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
It's free to read guys. You should take advantage of that.

I like the look of the Rovos urban. And in black chrome would really pop on the SF.

One thing though about black chrome is it flakes off after time. How much time ?.
I had some black chrome emblems on my last car. It was stored in the winter months and still over time the emblems peeled.
That's one thing I'm worried about. Not sure if it's a finish thing, or the process? Rovo said they are powder coated.

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
Powder coated huh I didn't know that. I wounder if the processes in applying the black chrome has changed.

The emblems I had flaked off like the old 80's anodized bmx stuff. I can't see powder doing that.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Powder coated huh I didn't know that. I wounder if the processes in applying the black chrome has changed.

The emblems I had flaked off like the old 80's anodized bmx stuff. I can't see powder doing that.
Yeah I'm not familiar with the whole process, but I thought powder coating seems a little different from others.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Every time a wheel thread pops up I think to myself, "I would love a set of factory 03-04 Cobra wheels.

Then my mind starts to wonder if the back spacing and offset is correct for the GT suspension.

I am certain the hubs on both models sit in the same exact place. The dimensions are the same, despite the IRS vs solid axle. I guess I have just enough OCD to allow little things like this bother me.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I've never been a fan of dark wheels either. But the black chrome has some "bling" to it.

One big potential issue having a high end wheel like true forged is what if something happens to them? Steve is a very hard guy to get a hold of already.

You can't tell me these don't look good.

View attachment 1477670

I agree Redfire cars look great with bling but that pic above of the RF Cobra with concave Rovos looks awesome!

I have CCWs on my Cobra and I've had the itch to get some cheaper but good looking wheels too, I like the ROVOS as well but Mystichorme is like RedFire needs bling to make it pop, Ive been looking at the Pretoria wheel in Silver or Gunmetal, either way your car is super clean and i think it would look amazing with the ROVOS.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree Redfire cars look great with bling but that pic above of the RF Cobra with concave Rovos looks awesome!

I have CCWs on my Cobra and I've had the itch to get some cheaper but good looking wheels too, I like the ROVOS as well but Mystichorme is like RedFire needs bling to make it pop, Ive been looking at the Pretoria wheel in Silver or Gunmetal, either way your car is super clean and i think it would look amazing with the ROVOS.
Solid points, and I agree. I think rovos will look sweet. I like being able to change things up once in awhile.

I'll still likely keep my TF wheels.

coremaster21

Established Member
I was in this predicament for a while and decided to go with black CCWs. I looked around a lot and there are two wheels that I came across that I really liked. First being the anthracite FR500's (member on here)
untitled.png

And I am not sure the exact color but from what I remember it was like a gunmetal, dark charcoal or maybe even a black chrome Saleen wheel. There is like no pictures on google of this set-up, the only place I found them was on YouTube in this video. Around the 13 minute mark you can see a good side shot:
Just thought I would share my opinion.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I was in this predicament for a while and decided to go with black CCWs. I looked around a lot and there are two wheels that I came across that I really liked. First being the anthracite FR500's (member on here) View attachment 1478221
And I am not sure the exact color but from what I remember it was like a gunmetal, dark charcoal or maybe even a black chrome Saleen wheel. There is like no pictures on google of this set-up, the only place I found them was on YouTube in this video. Around the 13 minute mark you can see a good side shot:
Just thought I would share my opinion.
I'm confused about your post lol. You have CCW, but liked two other different wheels? So you have one set of wheels?

coremaster21

Established Member
I'm confused about your post lol. You have CCW, but liked two other different wheels? So you have one set of wheels?
LOL, I was just trying to recommend cheaper wheels because you said you didn't want to spend that much money on wheels at the moment. Just disregard the CCW comment. If I didn't go with the CCW's then I would've went with the FR500's or the saleens like shown above.

Sorry for being confusing, just trying to help out.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I say why mess with perfection???

RF 1.JPG

But if you really want something different, then be different................:cool:.. I think the gold on the RF looks awesome. Would really pop since you have Amber tails to boot.
RF 2.JPG

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
LOL, I was just trying to recommend cheaper wheels because you said you didn't want to spend that much money on wheels at the moment. Just disregard the CCW comment. If I didn't go with the CCW's then I would've went with the FR500's or the saleens like shown above.

Sorry for being confusing, just trying to help out.
Gotcha. I do have True Forged wheels currently. Looking for another set.
I say why mess with perfection???

View attachment 1478257

But if you really want something different, then be different................:cool:.. I think the gold on the RF looks awesome. Would really pop since you have Amber tails to boot.
View attachment 1478258
LoL. Thanks it does look good doesn't it. I've seen the gold and some pull it off nicely. I still like the wheels I posted.

It seems many people have a couple sets of wheels. Not really sure why I want to change it up, but I definitely don't need to sell my current wheels.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
#brovos .....really? You can do better than that. Not only are those wheels ugly, but black chrome is just plain horrid. You'll hate it after 3 days

While I can understand wanting to change and I respect it, I think there are other better wheels out there. Start with the SVE series, they have been making some really nice stuff lately.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
#brovos .....really? You can do better than that. Not only are those wheels ugly, but black chrome is just plain horrid. You'll hate it after 3 days

While I can understand wanting to change and I respect it, I think there are other better wheels out there. Start with the SVE series, they have been making some really nice stuff lately.
Hmm, I've seen quite a bit of pictures with them on cobras. I've considered the gunmetal finish too which might last longer. Maybe I should stick with my original plan and buy some cobra replicas.
OP your wheels are sick, look great on any color terminator, but I do understand the fact that it won't be that easy to replace one wheel if you needed too.
Thanks. Yeah that's what I'm afraid of. Steve won't be doing anymore with the acrylic clear coat. It wasn't cost effective.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread