Thoughts on another set of wheels.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
So currently I have True Forged mach 5 wheels in a rare acrylic clear coat. I've thought about getting a darker wheel to change things up a bit.

I'm looking at the Rovo Duban wheels in a black chrome. I've seen pictures of another redfire with these wheels and like it.

Only problem I see is AM carries them and it seems to be a pain dealing with them lately.

I've had plenty of people wanting to buy my True Forged, but I'll have to be sold on these rovos if I plan on letting them go.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I would never get rid of forged wheels for some Rovos....crazy talk Brady!
I wouldn't necessarily get rid of them. The thoughts of having a couple different shoes on the car would be nice. Also, then I'd take the TF off during the winter months, clean them up good and set them aside for a sunny day. :)

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Hahaha I'm not made of money! Trying to fund a new garage.

don’t blame you there Bdubbs i remember now you talking about that. Post a thread when you do. By the way pics I’ve seen no joke you have one of the nicest Terminators on the site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
don’t blame you there Bdubbs i remember now you talking about that. Post a thread when you do. By the way pics I’ve seen no joke you have one of the nicest Terminators on the site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I appreciate the kind words man!

cj428mach

Established Member
I think LMR sells knock offs of the durbans. They're not in black chrome though.

Whats the deal with AM? They've always been wonderful to work with. I also know you Brady you're slow and methodical so who cares if you have to wait?

BMSTNG

Established Member
Personally I’m not a fan of dark wheels. I think the polished wheels, with your color looks great and makes the car pop

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I've never been a fan of dark wheels either. But the black chrome has some "bling" to it.

One big potential issue having a high end wheel like true forged is what if something happens to them? Steve is a very hard guy to get a hold of already.

You can't tell me these don't look good.

FB_IMG_1522377442227_zps4z2q8ksd.jpg

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I love the concave look of the Rovos Durban and I think black chrome looks great on just about any color. I have a set of BC rims on my black Cobra and get compliments all the time.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
As far as cheaper wheels I would call AFS and get some 18” cobra wheels on. I still think they are one of the best looking wheels on these cars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
They are nice, cost about 700 dollars more than the Rovos. And I see there on back order again. I cancelled with them about a year ago after waiting two months.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've never been a fan of dark wheels either. But the black chrome has some "bling" to it.

One big potential issue having a high end wheel like true forged is what if something happens to them? Steve is a very hard guy to get a hold of already.

You can't tell me these don't look good.

View attachment 1477670

Not a Terminator, but I really love the black chrome wheels I installed on my '16 Edge Sport. I never thought I'd prefer the chrome look, but I really like it. Personally, I think a black chrome wheel would look good with your Redfire paint.

I agree with those who recommended keeping those (gorgeous) TF wheels. You will very likely regret selling them. How long have you had them on your Cobra? Any damage to them over that time? How careful a driver are you? I think your answers might sway you to keep them. ;) Totally understand, though, if you'd really rather not keep them if other wheels are of interest and if you can get good money for them.

IllCobra

Established Member
As far as cheaper wheels I would call AFS and get some 18” cobra wheels on. I still think they are one of the best looking wheels on these cars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I agree with this. Black chrome AFS are freaking nice! What if you find a chrome set and have someone paint it black chrome....can they do that??

Users who are viewing this thread