Premium Member
Gunmetal finish, probably more durable.
FB_IMG_1522707603702_zpseq756rnc.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I was too but my car only sees nice day. I also threw some wheel wax on for protection. Maybe a ceramic coat?
You have the black chrome? I think I'm now leaning towards the gunmetal. I know some like these wheels and some hate them.

My thoughts are possibly running a more aggressive drag radial on these, than the r888's I have on my true forged wheels.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
You have the black chrome? I think I'm now leaning towards the gunmetal. I know some like these wheels and some hate them.

My thoughts are possibly running a more aggressive drag radial on these, than the r888's I have on my true forged wheels.

I have XXR's in black chrome and the finish is holding up very well. Again, my car doesn't see any type of weather though. The Durbans are much more expensive so you would think their finish would be more stout.

20171112_153012.jpg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I have XXR's in black chrome and the finish is holding up very well. Again, my car doesn't see any type of weather though. The Durbans are much more expensive so you would think their finish would be more stout.

View attachment 1478343
Yeah you would think so. But I got burned with less expensive oe replicas saleen chrome wheels. My car doesn't see rain or snow. I had chrome peeling bad on one wheel. They never even replied to my emails.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Yeah you would think so. But I got burned with less expensive oe replicas saleen chrome wheels. My car doesn't see rain or snow. I had chrome peeling bad on one wheel. They never even replied to my emails.

Yeah man that's not cool.

I do really like the gunmetal on your car too. I dont think you can go wrong either way.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I like the SVE series 1’s. 18” AFS rep’s wouldn’t be bad. Aren’t they on back order? Did they raise there price too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I like the SVE series 1’s. 18” AFS rep’s wouldn’t be bad. Aren’t they on back order? Did they raise there price too?

Well the sve series 1 looks good to. I can't find more information, but it says it won't work with IRS because the axle pushes the center caps off. The chrome afs wheels are on back order like always.

I still personally like the Rovo durbans. I know some don't like them. I know some think I'm crazy wanting another set of wheels since I already have some nice True Forged mach 5's. I have a feeling my wife might be thinking it as well.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Well the sve series 1 looks good to. I can't find more information, but it says it won't work with IRS because the axle pushes the center caps off. The chrome afs wheels are on back order like always.

I still personally like the Rovo durbans. I know some don't like them. I know some think I'm crazy wanting another set of wheels since I already have some nice True Forged mach 5's. I have a feeling my wife might be thinking it as well.

Have you emailed LMR? Also there was a user here with a Mystichrome that had some SVE can’t remember the name for the life of me.

At the end of the day your car do what you want. I’ve had people tell me before why did you do that not this. Or I don’t like that while I respect there opinion. It’s my car I’m paying for it not them.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Gunmetal finish, probably more durable.
View attachment 1478333

That gunmetal looks okay. However, my opinion is going from your current wheels that pop and sets your car off and apart to those gunmetal wheels would make your car more subdued. If that's the look you're going for then so be it, it's your car. I just think going from something that pops to something that's subdued would be boring and hide your car vs. making it stand out.

We all know what opinions are like.......... That's just mine.

I agree with MGOh3 :D........

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Out of all of them Id say the SVE sand ones. Similar to the gold ones you posted earlier.
Actually those were the ones I was looking at.
That gunmetal looks okay. However, my opinion is going from your current wheels that pop and sets your car off and apart to those gunmetal wheels would make your car more subdued. If that's the look you're going for then so be it, it's your car. I just think going from something that pops to something that's subdued would be boring and hide your car vs. making it stand out.

We all know what opinions are like.......... That's just mine.

I agree with MGOh3 :D........
That's kinda the look I was going for. I mean I've even considered the machined afs cobra wheels. Another set of wheels will put less potential wear on my true forged wheels.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

I like the sand color, sure the wife won't lol. My plan is possibly running mt drag radial on whatever other set of wheels I get.

I like having r888 on my TF wheels because they last longer and less chance of a tire shop damaging them.

Just hope I like a more aggressive drag radial tire, I'm still leaning towards the gunmetal Rovos durbans. I can get them for 960 shipped.

Seems some don't like them, but that's with anything.

dumbstixlars

Established Member
I know it isn't a great pic, but here are the series 1's in sand on my DSG, I was able to reinstall the cap after I mounted the rim.

2vvje2u-jpg.1478086

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
How about these Bdubbs? They are within your price range. If you don’t like the finish and don’t mind spending bit more you can have them powder coated gloss black or satin black. Machined look I think would go well with your paint.
https://varrstoen.com/collections/wheels/products/mk1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Those look pretty good. I have a feeling I'll pull the trigger on the Rovos. I can't decide on black chrome or gloss gunmetal. I can get the gunmetal for 960 shipped, and black chrome is 1075.

Plans are to run mt drag radials. Not sure how much better that tire is than the r888. I can generally get traction in 2nd gear.

Users who are viewing this thread