Those with Race Star Wheels--COME ON IN!

badams03

Established Member
Radial front and bias ply rear??? Sorry man but that's dangerous and wrong !

Dangerous and wrong, haha...... Never had an issue out of them and I've put 1,000+ street miles on the fronts. And since M&H are the only ones to make 17" front runners, kindof limited to what all we can put on there. And I have a stick car, I'm staying with bias ply until I build up/swap out the trans.

ah hes not the first one to do it. is not as bad as people make it out to be

Yup.

Last edited:

stang8psi

Established Member
How is that bad?

It's sways and is hard to control and correct it when it does sway. If its a track only car than stick with bias ply on front and rear.. If driven on the street with a big and little setup than radial front and rear.

Last edited:

badams03

Established Member
It's sways and is hard to control and correct it when it does sway. If its a track only car than stick with bias ply on front and rear.. If driven on the street with a big and little setup than radial front and rear.

What if it's a track only car that's driven to the track.......
Btw, I usually swap the rears out for my street tires going to the track.

corysmach1

Established Member
the 275 mt pro will hook better than any 275 tire out there.

have plenty of racestars in stock, the 92 series 15x10 are on back order, the polished have come in

here are some pics of the 92 dark on Dorothy and the 94 on the boss

dorothy2.jpg

bc_lime_mtang.png

What springs are on the red car?

stang8psi

Established Member
What if it's a track only car that's driven to the track.......
Btw, I usually swap the rears out for my street tires going to the track.

while you can run it sure.. Is it safe.. to each to their own to decide, Although the tire manufactures advise against it.

ghig50

Established Member
Old thread obviously
Great Pics
but I am looking for more info and pictures of
racestar wheels with slicks
I have a 13 gt with 3:73's with 6speed mt-82
planning on running hoosier 28x10.5 stiff side wall slicks.

I was totally against running 15x10 wheels since I have to cut the sway bar bracket.:mj:
But after looking it appears that the 15x8 wheel hangs the slick out far enough where it could hit or rub on the wheel well:cuss:
where the 15x10 is pulling the tire in enough to miss?

that gotta have it green boss looks pretty good with 94 sereies racestars as well

so any more pics of racestars 15x8 or 15x10 with slicks would be great.

also really tempted to go with the 275 m/t pros but I am thinking better chance of hurting the drivetrain with the
pros compared to the slicks?

any advice and pics would be great
assuming summit jegs have the best prices ???

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
In regards to cutting the bracket, it's really not bad at all. The 15x10 I swapped to on another car from a 15x8 pulled the sidewalls in some, less bulge, sliiiightly shorter and the car doesn't seem to dance as much on the big end at 130+

I would go for the 15x10. That's on a 28x10.5 MT

ill take a pic of the bracket cut if you'd like

ghig50

Established Member
Thanks
Guess I am not worried about doing the actual cutting,Of course need to decide to use a cut off wheel or sawzall etc.
I have installed roll cages etc, so I have done a lot of fabrication work to other cars guess I was just concerned that if something did go in the future whether the car had slicks on it or not that ford may say that by cutting the mount and moving the bracket was the cause?
Basically once its cut the only way of putting it back to stock would be to re weld the cut off piece back on correct?

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Yup. Welding it back on would be the only way. I just felt the difference in stability in a 15x8 vs 15x10 with a 28x10.5 slick and knew the 15x10 was the better way to go

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
Old thread obviously
Great Pics
but I am looking for more info and pictures of
racestar wheels with slicks
I have a 13 gt with 3:73's with 6speed mt-82
planning on running hoosier 28x10.5 stiff side wall slicks.

I was totally against running 15x10 wheels since I have to cut the sway bar bracket.:mj:
But after looking it appears that the 15x8 wheel hangs the slick out far enough where it could hit or rub on the wheel well:cuss:
where the 15x10 is pulling the tire in enough to miss?

that gotta have it green boss looks pretty good with 94 sereies racestars as well

so any more pics of racestars 15x8 or 15x10 with slicks would be great.

also really tempted to go with the 275 m/t pros but I am thinking better chance of hurting the drivetrain with the
pros compared to the slicks?

any advice and pics would be great
assuming summit jegs have the best prices ???

Hoosier 28x10.5/ M&H bias ply front runners
DF4852FC-0D00-4DE9-B6FB-3C3200A8CAAE_zpsfeqqdvno.jpg

FiveSlow

Established Member
I'm thinking of getting a set of these to hunt down my 10 second slip. 17x4.5 in the front and 15x8 in the rear with a 28"x9" bias ply slick. Should be enough to hold 630hp?

My question is this. I'm running a 27.6" tall tire right now and ran through the traps @130.5 mph on my street tune. My car is a 3.31 gear and I'm not running the boss intake...It's a novi 2200 car with a wastegate setup so I have more TQ.. Will going to a 28" tall tire hurt me or will the .4" difference not really be noticeable? I'm thinking with my 100 octane race tune and the lighter wheel combo I might see 3-5 more mph in the 1/4 and I'm banking the slightly taller tire will help.

Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread